Author Topic: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...  (Read 21179 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2006, 03:23 AM »
Glad to hear that Aidan's doing somewhat OK right now, all things considered.  Thanks for the update, Tracy.  Nice to see Aidan's dad, Brad, stop in here to say hello, and thanks for all the well wishes too.

Just wondering if JD is sending flowers for her if so I gladly will help with them.

Tom, our staff (with Tracy's assistance) is currently working on contributing a flower arrangement for the service on Thursday (as is GH's), but it sounds like the larger effort from the collecting community, which will likely be collaborative between our two sites, will be having everyone from the forums who's interested pitch in towards a college bond/fund for Shannon's son Aidan.  The details on that aren't quite finalized just yet, but since you asked, I thought I'd give you all an early head's up that that's the idea our sites are currently leaning towards.  So stay tuned, and we'll be updating both of our forum communities with further news on that relatively soon...

...She also had a really, really funny t-shirt on, which is what I remember the most even now...

Her shirt still has me laughing. It's hard to believe that was only a year ago now.

Sounds to me like the infamous shirt may be living on, and we'll likely be seeing it again at some point in the future.  Couldn't have been passed on to a better person, in Tracy.  ;)

I'll have to see if I can dig up a pic from our C3 thread where she was wearing it (and I was acting like a goof about it, of course)...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:29 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: shannon
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2006, 03:34 AM »
Thanks for stopping by JD, Brad.  I wish it were under better circumstances, of course.  I'm glad you could find some additional comfort in reading all the thoughts, memories, prayers, and well wishes from the many friends that Shannon's made online here and at GH.  Perhaps it'd be a good idea to print them all out so that Aidan might be able to read through them all some day in the future as well.  I'm sure he'd really appreciate that.

My condolences for your loss.  Shannon was a wonderful girl, and we're all going to miss her incredibly.  Just promise us that you'll take good care of Aidan for her...  :)

- Matt

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 09:02 AM »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2006, 09:13 AM »
Thanks Richard! :)  That's exactly what I wanted to see this morning -- perfect -- I love you for that!! :-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Of all the pictures that I took at C3, I think that one is my favorite.   :)

If anyone would like to have the orignal uncropped photo to print out (one without the watermark, which was accidentally added when we bulk imported the photos), it can be found here:

http://www.jedidefender.com/jsmentek/Celebration3/IMG_0560.jpg
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Hahaha ... that pic is great.  I've never seen that one before.  Thanks for that.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2006, 10:37 AM »
I didn't know Shannon but I unfortunately know the feeling of loss from cancer. My mother and grandfather both died of it and it's never an easy thing to see. I'm glad that she went peacefully and my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and especially her son...

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 11:30 AM »
I just got got the news , after being internet free for a day.    My condolences go out to her family and friends.    It's always sad to see someone so young , be taken away.   Again , best wishes to her family and friends .

Joe
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2006, 12:30 PM »
I have been away from the internet for the last few weeks and was speechless to read the front page this morning.  Shannon was a wonderful person and I have the wonderful honor of calling her a friend.  Great (but way too short) memories of C3 are running through my mind and I send my heartfelt condolences to her family. 

Rest in Peace, Shannon.....

Beth
Beth

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2006, 12:30 PM »
I went and saw Shannon's little boy Aidan this evening.  He won the BHC Survior game at GH and received a couple of packages today so we took them over to him.  He was doing very well -- was very excited to open up all of his Star Wars goodies.  Kids are really amazing.  He's had his moments -- but he was very affectionate and very happy tonight.  I just wanted everyone to know that he's doing okay. :)  I feel so much better now that I've seen him again.

You know, after reading this, it almost seems like fate had a hand in Aidan winning the Survivor game this time around.  So glad he's doing OK and that the Star Wars goodies are helping him cope in such a difficult time.

I'm also glad that Shannon had such a wonderful friend by her side at the end, Tamidala.  I'm sure your presence was a tremendous comfort to her.  

Rest well, Princess, you will be missed, but never forgotten.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I was thinking that as well, Roger.  What better way to remember your mom and the things you did with her, and even to (temporarily) distract, for lack of a better phrase, a young child from the incredibly difficult thought and emotions he must be thinking and feeling right now.  It really seemed like perfect timing, and almost fate, for all the GH Survivor winnings to be heading Aidan's way right now.  :)

Sounds to me like the infamous shirt may be living on, and we'll likely be seeing it again at some point in the future.  Couldn't have been passed on to a better person, in Tracy.  I'll have to see if I can dig up a pic from our C3 thread where she was wearing it (and I was acting like a goof about it, of course)...

Yep, indeed this would be the one I was trying to find...  Thanks Richard!  A fun memory, with a fun girl, indeed.  :P  (hopefully nobody minds us interjecting that amusing moment during this otherwise very sad time, but the happy memories usually help too, at a difficult time like this, I think)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Yep, indeed this would be the one I was trying to find...  Thanks Richard!  A fun memory, with a fun girl, indeed.  :P  (hopefully nobody minds us interjecting that amusing moment during this otherwise very sad time, but the happy memories usually help too, at a difficult time like this, I think)

I don't think anyone minds Matt -- especially not Shannon.  She was trying to find the humor in things even on Sunday :)  The girl was Irish -- and the Irish love a good wake......... ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2006, 05:30 PM »
Holy crap.  I had no clue about this because I haven't clicked on the main page or Watto's in a week or so.  I just got off the phone with Jamie and he told me.  I'm shocked, I truly am.  Terribly sad news.   :(

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: shannon
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2006, 05:33 PM »
My condolences to you and your family.  I met Shannon at C3 last year and she was really cool.  We all had a lot of fun hangin out with her.  She will be missed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 05:33 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2006, 05:50 PM »
That really is a great picture of her, thanks for sharing that.  I don't think I'd ever seen it before.  I am sure it puts a smile on everyone's face, and that's what she would want.

BTW, how old is her son? 

I really like that name, Aidan.