Author Topic: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...  (Read 21176 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2006, 09:24 PM »
I am putting together a scrapbook of the postings on JediDefender and GH regarding Shannon to give to her son, Aidan.  I would like to include any pictures that anyone has from any cons or gatherings.  If you have any pictures of Shannon that I could include in Aidan's scrapbook, please PM me.   I really want Aidan to know how much his mother meant to everyone and what a caring person she was.  Thanks everyone. :)

Tracy
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2006, 03:43 PM »
I just wanted to let you all know that I finally got around to mailing the savings bonds to Aidan today.  It's been a hectic few months for me, and I apologize for dropping the ball (or at least holding onto it for so long) like this.

I sent the bonds to Aidan care of Shannon's dad. I included the following note to Mr. O'Neill explaining what the meaning of the package was:

I also sent Aidan a Christmas card in the package, along with an Episode III electronic book that plays various sound bites and sound effects when you push the buttons, and a Christmas ornament based on the C-3PO & R2-D2 holiday image that a friend of mine made (the Yoda one was for me).

I'm hoping Aidan will hold onto the card by which to help him remember how much Shannon meant to so many people.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Great Job Roger...thanks again for doing all of this

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Roger,

Thanks again for doing this.  Those are very nice notes you wrote.  I was with Shannon when Richard (Name) called her the morning before she died.  He spoke with her about setting up a bond for Aidan and she was very receptive to the idea and very touched that her online SW friends thought so much of her and Aidan.  It really was a great comfort to her.   I can't believe its been nearly six months. :(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2006, 05:36 PM »
Yeah Roger, thanks again from myself for doing all this.  You did great and I think it's been a very positive effort from everyone involved.  Thanks for handling the ringmaster job, you did it perfect.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Since I can't seem to find the right words, I'll simply say: Shannon is smiling today.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2006, 08:21 PM »
Thank you so much Roger for all you're hard work bringing this together.  :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Yeah, thanks again for all your efforts Roger.  I'm sure they'll be very grateful for the generosity from all of Shannon's friends...

I'm actually working on a Christmas package right now for Aidan as well.  I was going to send it after he won Survivor a while back (even though I didn't play this past season), but I never quite got around to sending it out.  So I figured what better time to send it than Christmas!  Thanks to Tracy for passing along his father's addy.  Hopefully I'll get it fired off by the end of the week here.

I hope Aidan's doing relatively well this Holiday season, without his Mom for the first time...  :'(

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2006, 06:38 AM »
I hope Aidan's doing relatively well this Holiday season, without his Mom for the first time...  :'(

I just remembered, Aidan's birthday is December 23rd, its his first without his mom too :'(.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2006, 01:02 PM »
Brad Reynolds, Shannon's ex-husband, just called me.  Aidan got the package and opened it today for his birthday.  The family was very appreciative and touched by everybody's efforts and caring.  Thanks again Roger for all of your hard work.  Brad said Aidan is a happy little boy and is doing well.  He will post some pictures of Aidan after the holidays.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Just an FYI -- this Saturday -- June 2nd would have been Shannon's 36th birthday.   The first anniversary of her death -- June 18th -- is quickly approaching.  I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this or not, but in the months before Shannon died her mother and grandmother died also.  Her grandfather died the night of her funeral.  Shannon was an only child. So, in less than a year Shannon's father lost his wife, his only child and both of his parents.  Sounds like a bad soap opera.   Please keep Mr. O'Neill in your thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks.  I just sent him some flowers for Shannon's b-day.  I would rather celebrate the day of her birth than mourn the day of her death.  If you would like his address to send a card in honor of Shannon's bday - PM me.  He would get a kick out of it.  After spending time with him I could definitely see where Shannon got her wicked sense of humor 8)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 8, 2007, 08:53 PM »
I forgot to post this picture earlier. I've spoken with Shannon's father a couple of times and he and Aidan are both doing well. Aidan is in 1st grade now. Mr. O'Neill sent this picture to me over the summer:

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2007, 12:17 AM »
It's great to see them happy together.  Shannon would be proud.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2016, 01:44 PM »
I can't believe it has been 10 years since that awful night at Shannon's father's house. I know that many things have happened to us in those 10 years: jobs, homes, weddings, babies, loss of loved ones, etc. I know that my little family has experience some struggles over those 10 years - but mostly we've found joy. I know that I am a better person for having known Shannon. As hard as it was to see her struggle in her final days, hours and minutes - I believe that experience has made me a more compassionate person. So wherever you are today - or whatever you are doing - take a moment to reflect on all of the good things that you've enjoyed these ten years. Then raise a glass to Shannon.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2016, 07:41 PM »
Here here...I'm always reminded of one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs in times like these...RIP Shannon

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go
It don't seem fair, today just disappeared
Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar
We were but stones, your light made us stars