Author Topic: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?  (Read 14690 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Ever Walk Out of A Movie?
« on: May 22, 2003, 11:00 AM »
I've come close:

Bridges of Madison County my ex-girly wanted to go see this, she hated it too so I was like why are we here

Dracula  The plot made no sense and it was as scary as Scooby Doo and the Harlem Globetrotters. I thought this was the worst movie of all time until I saw...

Batman and Robin  The only reason me and wifey didn't leave was beacuse I was laughing so hard at how bad everything was...I felt bad for Geroge Clooney cause I think he is a good actor.  I think we went to the buck theater with awesome corn so we stayed and had a hoot
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 11:07 AM by OCB »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 11:06 AM »
I only walked out of The Blair Witch Project. Not only was it a stupid movie I was getting motion sickness from the point of view camera movements.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 11:19 AM »
There was only one movie I have ever walked out on. It was Thin Red Line with Sean Penn & Nick Nolte. I like war flicks but this was the most excruciating movie I have been to & I could not stand it anymore.
When I'm watching movie & look at my watch, then theres a problem with the flick.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 11:22 AM »
I cam close to walking out of Matrix: Reloaded. But, me not being on to waste money, I stuck around so I could form an even worse opinion of said flick.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 11:36 AM »
Walked out?  No.  fallen asleep?  Yes.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 12:24 PM »
The only movie I've ever walked out on was "Little Shop of Horrors" with Rick Moranis and Steve Martin.  I saw it when it came out in 1986 and walked out of the theater after 20 minutes.  I thought it sucked (at the time).  I've seen it recently and it's just an "OK" movie.  It's still not one that I really like, but if I had to see it again I probably wouldn't walk out... I just wouldn't go see it.

dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 01:07 PM »
yes I have, my brain still hasn't fully recovered.

Ishtar

Yes I went to see it. I went with a gf durning my jurnior high days.  Its pretty bad when at that age, unsupervised in a dark place with your girlfriend you need to leave.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Virex

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 03:06 PM »
UHF, Summer of '89.

I know, I know.  But I don't care.

I even bought the DVD last year, to give it a second chance.  No go.  Once a piece of crap, always a piece of crap.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 03:38 PM »
I walked out on XXX. My friend and I went in, sat down, and as soon as they flashed that cheesy, and very hackneyed XXX up on the screen, with that feel only reminiscent of WWF Royal Rumble, my friend and I got up and walked out. Thats all the further we got into the movie. This, coming from someone who sat through "The Mexican". God have mercy on me......
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 04:14 PM »
I walked out on XXX.

I haven't seen it yet, but that's amazing you walked out immediately after seeing "XXX" up on the screen.  It must have really been bad then.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 04:40 PM »
The way the flashed the XXX up on the screen just seemed like a culmination of every bad action movie, wrestling event and sporting event ever to hit the screen. It almost seemed like a parody of itself.

That, and the sound was deafening, enough to bring tears to your eyes
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 07:10 PM »
I know for a fact that a helluva lot of people got up and walked out of Meet Joe Black!   ;D

If you recall, that's the movie that the original Phantom Menace trailer was exclusively attached to the beginning of (along with Water Boy too, I think).  Tons of people paid $8 just to go watch a trailer - the first real new Star Wars footage in years!  Pretty funny!   :P  I guess this doesn't really count though, since most people actually left before the movie really started...

The wife and I actually stayed, and watched the whole movie since she's a little hot for that damned Brad Pitt fella...   :-\

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 02:47 PM »
I almost walked out of Wing Commander.   I mainly went to the film to see the trailer for Ep1.  I had no intention of walking out of Wing Commander initially.  But I just thought this movie was HORRIBLE!!!   In my opinion anyway.  

When I was a kid my parents dragged me to Out of Africa.  I actually wanted to walk out of that theatre.  I could not since I was under driving age and in another town and with the parents.  I ended up sleeping through parts of it.  I was awakened by the cries of the females in the audience when Robert Redford's character kicks the bucket in the film.  But it was a good sign since the film was almost over :)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 03:04 PM »
Dances with Wolves...sucked I cheered when they shot that wolf
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 03:18 PM »
I haven't walked out of any movies which I can recall since I don't really want to waste my money by paying for a movie then walking out.  For the most part I usually go to movies which I can stand by looking at the trailers or listening to people talk about it.  I was going to go to see Wing Commander but didn't because of the people saying it sucked.