Author Topic: 2007 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58180 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2007 Rumors and Speculation
« on: June 24, 2006, 06:37 AM »
Dave just posted a whole ****load of delicious tidbits over at RS.  Check it out for the complete list, but here's some of the highlights on it for me:

M'Ylloom (Cantina Alien) Not entirely sure which one this is...  The snouted dude?  Any guesses?
Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)
Biggs Darklighter in Academy Outfit
Jawa/Droid 2-Pack (depending on which droid)
McQuarrie Chewbacca
McQuarrie Stormtrooper (re-release?)
EU Boba Fett (Johnston Design)
Hermie Odle
Umpass-Stay w/Gong
Holiday Special Boba Fett
AOTC Padmé
EU Yuuzhan Vong
Quinlan Vos vs. Vilmarh Grahrk 2-pack

VTSC:
Jawas (maybe 1 cloth caped & 1 plastic caped?)
Bespin Luke
Snowtrooper
Bespin Han
Bossk
Endor Leia

8)

But where's the McQuarrie Vader and Droids?!  Those three would've been the best/most popular choices remaining from McQuarrie's sketches, I think (since they already made the Stormie).  I bet MisterPL must be a little happier today though, eh?  ;)

So I'm really starting to think that Hasbro's seriously planning on re-doing the entire Vintage line in their new VOTC/VTSC/V___ line.  We're already up to 23 now, out of what, 96?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 10:03 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: 'Scum's 2007 report... Oh my!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:00 AM »
Mustafarian Lava Miner! :o

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:05 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:06 AM »
Interesting assortment of stuff. Great on paper, but they'll be better in pictures.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Do you guys think there will only be four basic figure waves? I am not really interested in concept figures and the Marvel figures are a really odd choice to me. Why not just give basic figures of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, as well? I also am angry with the lack of Stormtroopes, and judging by what Hasbro has said, they do not plan on re-releasing the VOTC Stormtrooper next year. At least I can buy the Sandtroopers now and remove their dirt.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:00 AM »
I'd say this is only a partial of 2007 and it looks like a great start.  Especially if those Marvel 2 Packs are movie accurate

Some of the stuff is a little bizzare and not something people are really clamoring for (the Cantina Aliens, VSTC Bossk)

I really doubt they'll redo all of the Vintage figures.  They (Greedo, Sandy and Han) are starting to sit pretty badly on the pegs as it is start throwing out Jabba's Palace figures and they might as well ship with clearance tags on them.  Plus add the fact that a lot of those figures just got vastly superior versions done (R5-D4, Dengar etc)

Alls I care about is that I get Hermi Odle

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 10:19 AM »
I'm excited about the new VTSC, Holiday Fett and McQuarrie figures!

Good stuff!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 10:44 AM »
M'Ylloom (Cantina Alien) Not entirely sure which one this is...  The snouted dude?  Any guesses?

A couple of other items that were MIA from the list but we know are coming out are:

7" Unleashed
Vehicles
Exclusives

So it looks like next year will be pretty expensive :P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 10:48 AM by Jim »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 11:14 AM »

Trevagg's old lady! Yes!

"Concept" figures and comic versions? Yawn.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Yuuzhan Vong? Holiday Special Boba? Possibly New Mace? Galactic Matine? VTSC Jawa? ARC Trooper Alpha?

Holy. *******. God.

Wow.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Holy Hell!

What a list!

This sounds a LOT better (and more expensive) than 2006...

:)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 11:51 AM »
It sounded like some fun stuff mixed in there.   I am interested in seeing what the McQuarrie stuff turns out to look like.  We are all tired of repacked main figures so that sounds like an interesting idea to me.  The VTSC sound good.  I am hoping for a plastic cape and cloth caped Jawas for that.   Glad to hear about an SA snowtrooper to bad it will cost $10 again.  Bespin Luke I am looking forward to as I both love the ESB card and Luke in that outfit.  Finally get Leia in Endor SA.  Bossk sounds like the beginning of VTSC Bounty Hunters.  

Biggs finally.  Hermi Odle yay!  Hellrot I like.  I am not sure about the 30th anniversary 2 packs?   Not sure about the poster 4 packs either?  I am not really into the EU stuff but plenty of other people are of course.  

Still waiting on those Tonnika Sisters and Willrow Hood figures.  Hopefully the rumored CZ-3 is actually going to happen?  But it was nice to hear what could possibly be coming out in 07.  

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Interesting assortment of stuff. Great on paper, but they'll be better in pictures.

May be at Comic Con.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Sounds great, but also sounds a bit too good to be true as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. If true, I'll be buying a hell of a lot of figures next year.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 12:33 PM »
Mc quarrie concept Chewie Wow that will be awesome, I could definately use those in customs. And Vos and wow just wow. Everything on there I want, except a few.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Mc quarrie concept Chewie Wow that will be awesome, I could definately use those in customs. And Vos and wow just wow. Everything on there I want, except a few.

I don't like the concept gimmick, but I want this one. He's like a totally distinct species; in fact I think EU has adopted it as the "Ariwook" race. I'll stick him in the cantina. :)