Author Topic: 2007 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58342 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2007 Rumors... Oh my!
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Great idea Jeff about the Hoth McQuarrie.  I bet you're right on.  They could probably go with the Rieeken body, since it seems closer to the one in the pic vs. Derlin.  Maybe they could do so new arms or something.  I really wanted a new Hoth Soldier, but this will be cool also.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2007, 11:24 AM »
I'm hoping it has 2 heads honestly...  I'd hate to hear the great debate and any anger/rage at the figure not being what people want...  That was suggested to Hasbro in a Q&A by the way, and they said it was "interesting".  Makes me wonder if they were just hinting at what they already knew or if they were shocked at the friggin' concept.

The body wouldn't need to change really, just needs 2 different heads is all...  Spirit of figures are so dull I really hope they don't milk this by leaving the option to do the "other" Anakin then.

I guess I could handle that since the Christensen character wouldn't be my first choice.

Hasbro mentioned in the Q&A sessions that if they would re-do the Spirit of Anakin Skywalker, that they would include heads for both Sebastian Shaw and Hayden Christensen.  Seems like that was a not-so-veiled hint.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Nice catch and good call Jeff on the McQuarrie trooper.  Odds are you're right. 

I never knew he had a cameo...it was the least they could do.

With that said, I'm glad Hasbro is giving him the props he deserves after thirty years....wait til you see the new Hasbro print ad...

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:21 PM by ruiner »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2007, 04:14 PM »
I've never heard of the 'Force Unleashed' line of figures before, has anyone else?

The assumption right now is that Force Unleashed is the working title of the big new SW Video Game that is coming this Fall... the game is the one that SW.com has been teasing with their Secrets of Star Wars 07 posts they had on the site in fall/winter 06.

The current rumor is that much like Shadows of the Empire, we're going to get a huge media push to support the Video Game.  We'll see things like a comic series from Dark Horse, a book or two, and then the line of figures based on the game that you see here. 

Thanks Jeff, I do remember the discussion on this now.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 1, 2007, 12:51 AM »
Good find Jeff on the McQuarrie thought, you're off the chain.. ;D

DS

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 1, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Really nice find on the possible Hoth McQuarrie figure Jeff, that would be pretty cool.  I was just reading through the Galactic Blogger over at GH, and found this quote interesting:

"Will Hasbro show off the upcoming Sith Infiltrator and V-Wing Fighter? Will there be a brand-spanking-new Speederbike (and an assortment of speeder-sized vehicles)? Is that a hint?"

I hope that is a hint, because I think we'd all like to see a new Speeder bike, and there could be some potential in a new assortment of the speeder-sized vehicles.  It will be interesting to see, can't wait for Toy Fair.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 1, 2007, 01:39 PM »
And that brings up a good question (and I hate to be the one to ask) but will JD be present at Toy Fair?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: February 1, 2007, 02:10 PM »
And that brings up a good question (and I hate to be the one to ask) but will JD be present at Toy Fair?

You are not the first to ask.  The answer is still the same as last time: 

We are currently working through our strategy for Toy Fair 2007 and we will make an announcement one way or the other when we are ready...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 1, 2007, 03:45 PM »

You are not the first to ask

OK, I was just curious - it starts in nine days so I thought maybe the staff knew already, one way or the other.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: February 1, 2007, 08:27 PM »
you didn't ruiner, don't worry.   Jeff's reply wasn't angry. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 2, 2007, 09:57 PM »
I see no one's wondered what the Trade Federation Droid with Anakin could be in the Comic 2-Pack.

I think it's,

The Pollux Assassin Droid from The Battle of Jabiim comic.

Eh, that's not really SW looking more like ST or BSG. :-\
I want an SA Magna Guard.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 2, 2007, 11:24 PM »
I've gone through most of the books I have and cannot find a McQuarrie image of Rebel Troopers.  I've found a bunch of Mollo stuff.  The only image I have found of Rebels is the one with the McQ version of the Y-Wing (which I would take in heartbeat Hasbro....)

Any ideas?  I found McQ images of everybody else too, even the Snowtrooper ( I think it was him)...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: February 3, 2007, 02:26 AM »
The RFT images I saw were them in a red shirt I believe...  More or less the same character, red shirt...

I've seen McEndor Troopers, McHoth Troopers, and McEndor Briefing Rebels too though...

Definitely seen unique Hoth and Endor Rebels, but not terribly unique to the final design.  Could be any of those.  I'd guess Hoth since they're doing a Snowtrooper but that's just a random guess too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #193 on: February 3, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Paul, I was thinking the same thing about the Rebel Pilot running across the fight deck.  That would be a very, very cool figure.  Especially if it came with a clipboard!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 3, 2007, 11:19 AM »
no asharad? yipee! my custom WASNT useless after all!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!