Author Topic: Westworld (HBO)  (Read 7202 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Westworld (HBO)
« Reply #15 on: December 9, 2016, 01:43 PM »
ok a friend I have been watching the show together.
we've developed a little theory now that its been a couple days. i think it was when Bernard took Teresa downstairs and killed her there was a host being created with some older tech. we're thinking that the Ford (Hopkins) that was killed was just a host. and Ford was just creating a version of himself to 'die'. cuz when u think about it the host are on the brink of a breakthrough why wouldn't he want to witness it first hand and see his creations become 'alive'. I'm still not sure who let loose all the decommissioned hosts in the basement, if it was Ford, Dolores, or Mauve. But I'm guessing they'll be working for/with Dolores/Wyatt.

By the way I read somewhere that it's not coming back until 2018!!!!!!!!? WTH
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 05:27 AM »
I have avoided this thread like the plague because I don't have HBO, so I rely on a friend who gets the show through other means and burns me a disk and I have loved this show all the way through.

I just finished the finale and I just love this show.  Can't wait for season 2!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 10:51 AM »
By the way I read somewhere that it's not coming back until 2018!!!!!!!!? WTH

Two primary reasons:

1)  Westworld got a late order for season 2.  HBO got burned by renewing Vinyl before the first episode aired.  Going forward they're waiting for full-season ratings before renewing new shows.  That added 3 months to the development cycle.
2)  The showrunners said they have no clue how Game of Thrones can churn out a season in one year.  They expect an 18 month gap between their seasons.  Hopefully, they'll learn some tricks from GoT heading into season 2, so there's not an 18-month break until season 3.  I expect HBO will give them every resource (and encouragement).
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj