Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241996 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1140 on: June 26, 2012, 01:24 PM »
Road construction.  Every major artery I have to/from work is affected this year because of this.  Also ticks me off when days/weeks go by and there's never anybody out there working on said closed roadways.  My those are some pretty orange cones though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 13, 2012, 11:55 PM »
People that post "wow, just wow" and "easy pass" in forum threads.  Easy Pass is a turnpike payment option and "wow, just wow" doesn't sound right even in my head let alone outloud...reading just sounds goofy.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 11, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Still hating the road construction....   >:(

...and Toyota Corollas.  I don't like being stuck behind them for some reason.  Curse you corolla!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:51 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 22, 2012, 12:14 PM »
Halloween Pet Peeve - people who take their kids out Trick or Treating every year but fail to put/hand out candy.  Our whole family goes together and we leave a big bowl on the porch with a cute note - people seem to respect it and only take 2 or 3 pieces b/c there is always a bit of candy left when we get back - then I just dump the reserves in the bowl so people don't ring the bell when we are (trying) to settle the kiddos down for bed.  It is the same damn families every year.  >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1144 on: October 22, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Pet Peeves: Halloween Edition

Good times with this.  Teenagers not in costumes thinking they're A) intimidating, and B) going to get candy from me.

Next up, costume contests and the jerkoffs who vote in them.  Don't get me wrong, I dig a good party with a contest like this, but why does the cave man/woman always win, or the lame cliche costume of the year (usually a politician, or a dead dictator/public figure)?  If skin is all that gets you going, go a titty bar and enjoy.  Halloween costume parties are fun to watch slutty chicks wear the uniform they want to wear all year long, but how do you let them win the contest?  Guys can be such losers.

Lastly, cheap candy...  People give out some really ****** stuff anymore.  When I was a kid, you'd get a decent haul on just your neighborhood, and the candy was usually decent quality.  Now though, man, people just suck.  They get the crummies candy, half of it old, and a lot of it winds up getting tossed because it's not really good anymore.

I'll add one last one...  ******bag gangs of kids trying to act, again, intimidating, in the line to get into the local haunted houses...  It's actually wound up being a major issue and shut down some of the old, better places that used to be here.  Thankfully the best one here has sort of a security patrol of costumed people who will also shut kids up and keep them in line.  :)  Plus it's an awesome haunt.  Love that place and wish I could make a 2nd trip this year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 22, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Oh, i got one. Some little third grade punk across the street came over and smashed our two pumpkins last week right on our doorstep in broad daylight. Luckily our neighbor saw it and came over right away and dragged the kid home to his parents. We didn't even know what had happened until the Dad came over later with the kid to apologize. My wife and I were out and my Mom was over babysitting and she told us our daughters both came to the door and were in tears because they had spent hours decorating them. What a ****** lesson that was for them...people suck.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1146 on: October 22, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Teenagers not in costumes thinking they're A) intimidating, and B) going to get candy from me.

Ah, my favorite part of the trick-or-treating bull****... the clowns (not in costume) that show up at midnight wanting free candy. They are never from this part of town.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 22, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Some little third grade punk across the street came over and smashed our two pumpkins last week right on our doorstep in broad daylight.

Let's hope Little Billy Corgan learned his lesson.

(Joking aside, yeah, that did suck.)

I live in the country, no side walks, no trick or treaters. Aside from watching stupid scary movies, I don't do Halloween.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1148 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51 PM »
I'm in the boonies too but we still get some kids...  My road the houses are a little closer together from my place down, and that's about a half mile of road where I used to do well as a kid.  Now nobody leaves lights on anyway and those that do give out crap.

My gf's kids schemed to go to the expensive housing plans and hope they had good stuff but I swear theirs was even worse.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 22, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Wow, what disappointing Halloween experiences!  We've never had out pumpkins smashed and with the kids just starting kindergarten, it's a really fun time to experience trick or treating through their eyes.  I love the costumes and the excitement and the counting candy at the end of the night.  I guess my only pet peeve are the really old kids that come around looking for a handout.  I might be old-fashioned, but if you're old enough to drink you're too old to trick-or-treat.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 22, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Let's hope Little Billy Corgan learned his lesson.

I think most of us are at the age to get that one!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1151 on: October 23, 2012, 12:13 AM »
Why doesn't anyone give kitkats anymore?  ****.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 23, 2012, 12:34 AM »
Well heck, just go to the store and look at the candy bundles they sell. I remember when you could get a pack of nothing but Kit Kats, Skittles, Snickers, M&Ms, etc. Now they sell all of this "mixed value pack" crap that's like half gum.

I'm in that weird part of my early 20's where Halloween is basically another excuse to go get drunk. And I wait and get my candy on November 1 when it's half off. :D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 23, 2012, 01:28 AM »
Dude, I totally bought Kit Kats! And Smarties.  That's what I'm giving out this year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1154 on: December 18, 2016, 08:13 PM »
My Favorite Things and Hallelujah (the Cohen song) being "Christmas Songs"