Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243002 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2004, 01:59 PM »
I'm also slightly annoyed (and sorry if this offends anyone at all, that's not what I mean), but here in town we have a lot of high school aged kids who enjoy to buy these small cars (think Neon, Honda, Toyota type cars) and put huge exhaust systems on them, and hammer down non stop creating lots of noise (similar to what was mentioned earlier about motorcycles).  These cars are usually "pimped out", complete with flames, wings, and neons.  Again, nothing against people who have these cars...to each their own.

I agree, those cars also make me !

There is a dumbass kid down the street who pimped out his Chevy Cav!  Now he drives down the street like he's in the Indy 500.  The neighbors keep calling the Oakdale 5-0 to bust his ass, but they never catch him.  Any dillhole who drives 50+ MPH down a residential street where kids live/play should be taken out and run over with their "2 Fast 2 Furious" car.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2004, 10:36 PM »
I agree, those cars also make me !

There is a dumbass kid down the street who pimped out his Chevy Cav!  Now he drives down the street like he's in the Indy 500.  The neighbors keep calling the Oakdale 5-0 to bust his ass, but they never catch him.  Any dillhole who drives 50+ MPH down a residential street where kids live/play should be taken out and run over with their "2 Fast 2 Furious" car.

Jeff

Throw a dummy in front of his car. Put the fear of god into him, and when he goes to flip out, remind him that there are kids on the road and that could have been one of them.

Famine, out.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2004, 08:25 AM »
A couple more...

When a squeak (or rattle) starts in your car, and you can't figure out where it is coming from...and no matter how loud the radio is, or how much you try to block it out, its still there.  Squeak......squeak.....squeak.

Another one, that I've noticed from time to time, is when people who are not handicapped in any way at all use the "handicap" buttons to open doors.  You know, where they have the huge button at about the level of someone who is in a wheelchair, that you hit, and the door automatically opens.  Not that it really hurts anyone that they use it, but it just seems unnecessary...and lazy.  I'm all for sanitation, and avoiding germs in public, but I don't think that's the reason they use the button...and they're not saving much from not using the door handle anyways I'm guessing.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2004, 12:27 PM »
Tele-Marketers.   >:(

I try to be polite because I know they are just doing their job, but after the THIRD "Sorry, I'm not interested", if they are STILL trying to sell me something, I let them have it.

Some dumb bastard from Sprint has called me EVERY ******* DAY this week.  GET A LIFE, RETARD!  STOP CALLING ME!!!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2004, 07:55 PM »
Vacations where your swindeled into working instead of enjoying yourself.

I'm going to north carolina tonight/tommorow AM depending how you look at it, and I have to help build a porch and repair a bridge, thanks to Hurricane Whetever-it-is-this-week.:P

Or like back 2 years ago when we had the ice storm in April, and I had to shovel at the hotel. DAMNIT.

*ROAR*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Fun Fact: The Hurricane that caused trouble in the Carolinas this week was Frances!

Thanks for playing South Eastern Hurricane of the week, and better luck next time!

Goodnight folks!

:cues gameshow music:
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2004, 09:36 AM »
People changing the rules of a contest after it starts to suit their own needs.

Recent examples include Holographic Elvis and Al Gore.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Wet towels on beds have always irritated me.

People who use the toilet and then don't flush.

Not using the trash can when it is w/in 5 feet of you.

People who call you a misbehaving whore in their signature line just because they can't get over the fact you once slept w/ their boyfriend- when they weren't even a couple.

You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2004, 10:30 PM »
People who will change lanes (usually to my lane and in front of me) to get away from a slow driver in front of them, but then won't speed up to get past the driver. What is their ****** deal, they don't like how slow the person is driving in front of them, so they change lanes just to stay at the same speed? Man do I just hate those people.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2004, 10:55 AM »
Constant re-airings of commercials - between ESPN's trying to sell HU$TLE as a good movie and Dr. "Your kid is going to be a serial killer" Phil, I'm about ready to gouge my eyes out with a grapefruit spoon.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2004, 10:57 AM »
I hear you on that one Mikey...I about threw up from the damn "Let's Get It Started" stuff ESPN ran through the NBA playoffs...its horrible...the worst part about watching Football on Sundays is FOX's damn promos for their shows...especially when the shows aren't on until November ::)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #236 on: September 20, 2004, 12:43 PM »
I used to get mail at noon, but ever since the old mail-man retired... I've been getting mail at anywhere from 4 pm to even 7pm... Ridiculous.

>:(

I totally took that guy for granted.

:'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2004, 12:52 PM »
Hey, if you're getting mail every day Brad, count yourself as lucky.  When we moved to our house 7 years ago, we wondered why we didn't get mail on any Friday and often on Thursday.  Turns out our mailperson is a bit of a puppy pounder, taking most Friday's off.  Long weekends get really long as it takes both Thursday and Friday :o  Those are without permission and with pay >:(  We complained.  Nothing changed.  Now we're just used to it.  Worse, in spite of leaving notes, they still tromp straight across the lawn, having destroyed a shrub in winter (the snow is deep enough that it can't see it, so walked all over it) and killing the grass.  Never mind all the bull**** about making sure your driveway is shovelled so they don't slip, this ******* hikes up four foot snowbanks ::)

Must remember to put in snow fence soon. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2004, 07:08 PM »
People who call you a misbehaving whore in their signature line just because they can't get over the fact you once slept w/ their boyfriend- when they weren't even a couple.

Sorry Shannon.  I went ahead and removed that from OCB's signature.  It won't happen again, I promise!   :-*

I have to add:  Men's pants sizes, especially for blue jeans.  I'm apparently a very odd size right now.  34 waists are a bit too snug for my liking, but 36's will fall RIGHT OFF of me if I wear them and walk around at all.  And guess what?  Most designers/styles/stores/etc. don't carry or make size 35 waists.  ********!   >:(  Fortunately, the Mrs. finally found me a couple pairs in that size in another style and at a different store.  Annoying as **** trying on a hundred pair of pants that didn't fit though...

I could go for some 31 lengths too, but no.  Even ******* numbers only...   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2004, 08:01 PM »
Short and fat, huh? 

Life's a bitch. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.