Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243682 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #255 on: October 6, 2004, 02:03 PM »
People who drive by and shout things at me in the night when I'm out for a peaceful walk...don't they have anything better to do? :-[

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 6, 2004, 08:50 PM »
Neighbours with there bass to high on there stereo. Boom, boom, boom.  >:(

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #257 on: October 6, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Stupid theme days at work.  Monday was silly eyeglasses, Tuesdays was 50's clothes, Wednesday is Team Spirit! Day, tomorrow is Crazy Hats and I forget what Friday is, but you get the idea.  All to celebrate customer service- and we are a claims processing and call center!  We don't have customers on a daily basis, and if we do we have to dress up. 
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #258 on: October 7, 2004, 01:25 AM »
Neighbours with there bass to high on there stereo. Boom, boom, boom.  >:(

Cars with their bass on as high too. I don't need to be sitting in my house or my office and hear some jackass zooming down the street listening to loud thuds that some moron thinks is music as it shakes everything in its wake.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2004, 09:42 AM »
When your high-speed modem dies and leaves you without net access all weekend!

Stupid sucky MSN Modem !

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Mixed up orders at a fast food joint:

We're in the process of remodeling our basement and had to go to Home Depot to pick something up and decided to grab Burger King for lunch on the way home.  Drive up the order window, give my order, wait five minutes before I get to the window to grab my food.  Finally get my order.  I look in the bag to make sure everything's there - two fries and two sandwiches, all's good.  Get home and find out someone put the order receipt on the wrong bag.  We were supposed to get a Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich w/ no mayo and a Bacon double cheeseburger.  What we end up with is some kind of grilled chicken sandwich and a Gardenburger smeared with mayo, ketchup and all kinds of other ****.  At least my wife got something close to what she wanted, I end up with a ******* Veggieburger.  I ate it because I was starving, but man, it tasted like ass.  I can see why there was so much **** smeared on it, they needed all the condiments to make it taste half way decent. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2004, 11:36 PM »
When the tvs at the gym are on the dumb Lifetime Channel, or some kid is watching "Lizzy McGuire" on it b/c she's too big for the nursery (such as yesterday).
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2004, 03:13 AM »
 well, I work with 150 baby's, well they are not baby's in age, but they all suck in one way or another. They are constantly complaining about this and that.... They complain that its too hot in the building, I pretend to adjust the temperature, and within a half hour I get plenty of "thanks its much better now", I am like your all cattle....
I often hear things like, well.....we don't use that cabinet because its been broken for years.... Okay dip- _ _ _ _ it doesn't get fixed if I don't know its broken!!! I also get deadline's with 1 day notice, umm your poor planning doesn't justify a fire lit under my ass....
other things that P me off....
people that walk under onnings when its raining with their umbrellas over their heads.... get the f on the sidewalk!!!!
people looking for money while at the take out window
people that confuse star wars with star trek
people that won't admit their wrong
people who turtle when they fight
people at my gym that don't clean off the equipment when they are done, that makes veins pop out my fore-head
people who slam weights, and yell while lifting
people who interrupt your workout "can I get in a set??"
all staff emails at work that say anything about anything religious
people who got a rocket firing fett in the mail, umm no you didn't loser...
people that say "what" out of habit, I don't speak to one of my sisters because of this...

wow, I am a timebomb  ;D  ;D

SilverZ

« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2004, 04:04 AM »
Sorry but I have to make a sociopathic rant.  I hate ****** restaurant table service, and it happened again today. If I sit alone, or with another buddy, it is nearly set in stone I will get a guy waiter, who plainly sucks ass. I call it getting “duded”. Here’s a typical bad food experience:

Wait 5 minutes. The good waiter/waitress will come and ask if I’ve been helped. The r-tard that is my waiter will be informed. To his disinterest.

Give it another minute for him to get distracted by something bright and shiny before meandering over.

Thanks for showing up, pal. Yeah, buddy, it’s just me here. And I’m not a chick to talk to. Get over it and do your job, and for the record, I know you took this ****** job here just to hit on the chicks working here.

Skip the “today’s special” line, too, please. I’d be fooled if you didn’t take 15 minutes getting over here, and I’ve heard the good service already say the special was something else, so you are clearly lying in some vast lunch special conspiracy, devised by idiot monkeys. Give me (what I want).

Where the **** is my Diet Coke?

Oh, there. It has a lemon in it. I’ll try not to suck up the seeds floating at the bottom now. Who likes a lemon wedge in their drink? Do I look like a pink haired snow bird?

The loud annoying people that came in after me ordered an assload of food, and they’re already eating. Where is my minestrone soup? And I need a refill.

Ah, soup. Hell yes, I want grated parmesan on top. And a refill – oh, you’re walking away. Ok, getting cheese, right? Oh, no. No short term memory. You’re going to another table. I hate you.

A baby cries. Apparently this is some funny **** to other people. Maybe I’ll start screaming at the top of my lungs, too. Why not? It’ll be really cute. ********.

Holy jumping ****, the waiter came back! Without the cheese. He’s come back to grab my glass for a refill.

And just as fast, he’s already back. Is there someone watching you? Why the sudden urgency? Diet Coke for me.  I’m never getting my cheese, so I’m eating my soup. Thankfully, he’s brought and placed a second straw on the table, just in case I didn’t like the one I was using already in the glass. Great.

Then there’s about 20 minutes of abandonment while my finished soup bowl sits in front of me. My glass empty again. The table across from me is finished eating and walking out. I’m pissed, and this guy sucks. Duded again.

Food finally arrives. Only it’s barely warm. It’s been sitting for at least five minutes. Having a wank in the toilet, buddy? Oh yeah, just put the check down now. You’ve dicked around for the last 45 minutes, and that means I’m probably going to inhale this and be on my way.

It’s now been 2 minutes since he finally brought my food and now he suddenly cares about what I’m eating. Is it good? I have a fork in my mouth. Just take the check.

Oh, and a sidenote -- because you’ve left the check on the table doesn’t mean I’m done drinking Cokes. I want another refill, assface.

Yes, I need some change back from that twenty. You don’t get an eight dollar tip, you damn out of work actor.

Yes, have a nice day.

Another fine dining experience in the life of Jared.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2004, 01:25 PM »
Cubicles.
I need to concentrate. I don't want to hear unattended cell phones tinkling the latest ring tones while I'm trying to make sense of what I'm reading. I don't want easy-listening musak interrupting my thought process. I don't want to hear loud conversations (with and without laughter) when I'm trying to calculate data. I don't want to hear loud personal phone conversations while I'm attempting to write.

I do want to close my door for quiet.
I do want to be able to take a five-minute break to read about the latest Kubricks without someone noticing and commenting.
I do want to be able to eat lunch at my desk without someone saying "Oooh, whatcha got for lunch today?"
I do want to be able to talk with my wife on the phone and tell her "I love you" without someone hearing it and saying "Awww" or something inane.
I do want to be able to look out the window every now and then...or at least get a little natural light on me.
I do want to work efficiently.

So, can you tell that I'm in a cube now? The company moved two weeks ago and decided that having everyone in offices was just a little too "equal." So in the new building they put everyone in offices except our department. Yeah, I know a lot of people are in cubicles, but going from an office to a cube sucks...a lot. Plus, I'm kinda old now, and I think I've actually earned the ability to shut my door now and then. I was in a cube when I was younger, but the whole company was in cubes so it wasn't as big a deal. This time, we've got some type of quasi-caste system going on. 
I went from this:

To this:

At least I'm not bitter.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Quote from: stormtripper
people that say "what" out of habit, I don't speak to one of my sisters because of this...

I understand that oh so much, one of my biggest pet peeves (I hope I didn't already mention this) is people who constantly user filler phrases when talking. It's like they cannot complete full sentences and as such have to make stupid uhhh noises or my perennial favorite ya'know. I hate ya'know with a passion! Mostly pro athletes do it, which makes sense since many pro athletes are either illiterate assclowns or have been hit in the head so much they can barely remember their name. So the next time you're talking to someone, if you say ya'know to fill up space in a sentence, feel ashamed!!!!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2004, 10:25 PM »
People who come in, buy all the Troops from my WalMart, and peace out, leaving EVERYTHING but what I want. All the Scout Troopers, Stormies, etc. Always, always, always, gone without a trace. That irritates me. They put two cases on the pegs, couldnt you maybe leave one or two out of courtesy? Dear lord that pains me to no end.

Kevin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2004, 05:57 PM »
I hate the ******** who buy the shortpacks and leave everything else. I'm trying to find a SMC Scorpion, and I've seen the assortment a few times now, but no Scorpion.

I also hate ******* employees who brag about scoring the only Deadpool and Phoenix in the case, while I'm buying my Juggernaut. Way to go, ****face. You could have at least bought a Punisher and Wolverine to help get them off the pegs.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2004, 08:11 PM »
I also hate ******* employees who brag about scoring the only Deadpool and Phoenix in the case, while I'm buying my Juggernaut. Way to go, ****face. You could have at least bought a Punisher and Wolverine to help get them off the pegs.

*Sigh* I long for the day when I can be that *******. Of course, I'd only get them if it was a friday because thats when I cash my checks, BABY!

Kevin

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2004, 08:24 PM »
Checking for twenty thousand weeks religiously at a web page to get the exclusive item to finish out a collection and have it go up for sale when you have no ******* internet access and no one that does has a clue what you need them to do. 

This is more of a pity-party-for-me rant but it sucks none the less.

And as for the above mentioned employees that crow about hawking the short pack items, I usually tell them "I hope you made enough money on it to buy yourself a life dickhead".  At least I feel a little better when I walk away making gagging noises while rolling my eyes (I love being a bitch sometimes) :-*
Beth