Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241420 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2003, 04:54 AM »
"On the hunt" peeves:

• When you find a brand new figure or two hanging on the pegs, and you realize that you most likely just missed out on a much bigger score by not going to that store just a little earlier (yeah, I'm a glass is half empty kinda guy - what of it?!  :-*)
  • When you carefully place your figures on the conveyer belt, only to have the clumsy cashier try to stack a few up to scan, and of course wind up dropping several of them 4 feet down onto the floor.  Sure, I'll just use those formerly MOMC figures for my "loose" collection.  Thanks moron.   >:(
  • When you unexpectedly stumble across such a huge figure score, but didn't anticipate needing an actual cart, so you try to pile up 15 figures in your arms ('cause it's not safe to run all the way back up to the front of the store for a cart!), only to wind up dropping one or two on the floor yourself!   ::)  IDIOT!   :-\
And then there's this always enjoyable conversation that irritates the living crap out of me EVERY single time it happens at my favorite fast food joints:

At In-N-Out:

Me: Hi, I'd just like a Double-double.  That's all.

Idiot: Would you like the combo?

Me:  No.  Just the Double-double.

Idiot:  Would you like a drink with that?

Me:  NO!   >:(  Just... the... Double-double...!!!   >:(   >:(   >:(

Me (in my head):  What the f'n hell part of "No", "just" and "that's all" are you having so much trouble understanding exactly, you freaking moron?!?!?   >:(

Feel free to substitute Taco Bell, KFC, Jack in the Crack, Burger King, or any other fast food place in there instead, and you get the identical results 90% of the time.  And you wonder why they call me Bulky Blocky...   ::)   :P

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2003, 11:24 PM »
Star Wars collectors who don't know the difference between POTF and POTF2.  To a lesser extent, SW collectors who don't know what OC, GC, FF, EU, SOTE, EP1, EP2, SS, LS, LT, ST, MOMC, and MIMB mean.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2003, 12:31 AM »
Star Wars collectors who don't know the difference between POTF and POTF2.  To a lesser extent, SW collectors who don't know what OC, GC, FF, EU, SOTE, EP1, EP2, SS, LS, LT, ST, MOMC, and MIMB mean.

What does "SW" mean?   ;)
dustrho

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2003, 07:16 AM »
Here's a few things that pissed me off in the last couple of weeks:

1.  Rain - I don't mind it once in a while, but when 9 out of the last 10 weekends have been raining, I get a little pissed.  The Northeast is not a g'damn rain forest.  I actually played a golf tournament Sunday in a torrential downpour.

2.  Dip s**ts who don't turn their headlights on when its raining.  Hello, numbnuts, nobody can see you without them.

3.  Punk ass kids who wear their hats wrong.  I not talking backwards, I can deal with that (and I wore my hats backwards for a while)  I'm talking about wearing them sideways.  You look like a moron, get some self respect.  And bend the brim for chrissakes.  Nothing looks more stupid than a straight brim.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2003, 09:44 AM »
Canada Post Customs    

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2003, 10:30 AM »
OK, so I have to get this one off my chest... thanks for the opportunity!

I decided a while ago I wanted to learn some web site building skills, nothing super duper, maybe something for trading etc. etc.

First I look around the 'net for a html editor, I decide on using a product called 1st Site.

I am super cheap, I download the trial version, it says it will place a link to their site on every page you create, and you get no support.  No problem... Its a WYSIWYG editor, so its easy to use, and I can then edit the html later, and learn a little as I go.

I create some pages, not bad stuff, nothing fancy but it will do.  I then go to find a free web host, but I really don't want banner ads, or pop ups.

I settle on www.freewebs.com.  Pretty good, some limitations, no FTP, no multiple file uploads, but whatever.  They also place some code on your site linking to their site.

The code is small so I fugure no big deal.

Here is where the annoying thing comes in!

I start setting up my site, I upload all my images, and some of the html pages, and I get this message saying I have uploaded my limit of 50 files!

WTF, no where did it say anything about 50 file limit, in fact I have 100 MB of space that has hardly been touched!  I do some investigation, and it turns out that recently they decided that if you uploaded 50 files you have obvioulsy decided you like their service, and if you want to continue uploading, you have to subscribe to at least one of their premium services!!

Arghhhhhhhh.  Bait and switch if you ask me!

Wait it gets worse.. the free lite version of the html editor I was using, whose only limitation is it places some code on your pages decides I have used it enough too!

I have published 30 pages (long story.. I was trying it out) and if I want to publish more, I have to buy the full version at 89.99!!

What makes matters worse, there is no warning when you get close to this amount, so my entire site is saved in their proprietary format, and I can't get it out unless I buy the full version!!!

I am soooooo frustrated!!!!

But I feel better now.  I found a new free host that is better anyway, hopefully they don't pull the same crap as freewebs.  I also am going to install the 1site s/w on my work computer, and hopefully I can import the site I created, export it to pure html, and find a new editor to use!

/ end rant.

Thanks, I feel much better!!

Scott :)
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2003, 12:06 PM »
People who take ages when they go shopping.

Example: When going out to NJ sometime. I go with my parents. They take sooooooooooooooooooo long on their shopping.  They take nearly 3 hours to shop. They never have any plan,  my parents just do random shopping, checking every single aisle in the whole store. When I go out with my brother, it only takes 30 mintue to do all the shopping.

People who takes ages to getting ready to go out.

People who bit*h and moan about how "M" rated games and " R" rated movies are not good for young kids.

People who takes their kids to TRU and then not buy anything for them and scream at the kids because they are crying.

People who brag about how awesome a video game is when I have THAT video game in my hand.

People who touch my collection w/o my permission when  showing them my collection.

Female who wears sexual clad attire and then bit*h and moan about how everyone looks at them in a sexual matter.

Females who shows off their clevage and buttock.

People who gets annoyed with people who cannot hear them  and ask them to repeat what they said. ( I am hard of hearing, so I have gone thru this several time)

People who talks, but not move their mouth. ( Which makes it hard for me to understand what they saying, because I am skilled in reading lip)

People who  is talking to you as they walk futher away from you with their back turn to you.

People who buys SUV  so their stupid kids can have room to play.

People who cannot park their big a$$ SUV into a tight  parking space.

People who talks on cell phone while driving.

People who spends money on lottos.

People trying to beat the odd of lotto by spending so much money and not win instead of saving money by not paying for lotto.

People with awful BO.

People who goes " Mmmmmm" when eating. Gah, that irriate me so bad!

People who brings babies with them.

People who brings down a baby stroller in a tight space place.

People who  stalls the cashier line just because of something stupid.

People who doesn't wash their hands after using a bathroom at a resurant.

People who cut in front of the car and then flip you the finger after you beep the horn.

People who doesn't stop at stop sign and then get nearly hit by the *******, and then beep at them , they then get piss off at you and slows down in front of you just to tick you off.

People who doesn't move their car when there nothing  coming, then after going around them, they finally move, only to hit you because the dumbass didn't look before making the turn.

waiting nearly 8 hours for a 5 mintue  operation.

My battledriods army falling down due to cheap arse plastic legs.

Not finding new toys everytime switching to something new.

Example: I was getting tired of not finding new SW figuers, so I switch to LOTR, now I cannot find any new LOTR figuers, so I switch to Mcfarlence toys, NOW  I cannot find any  figuers such as Ghost twin #2 or any cool Mcfarlence toys.

whew...I guess that about it.
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2003, 12:16 PM »
People who takes their kids to TRU and then not buy anything for them and scream at the kids because they are crying.

That is hilarious!  It's the truth though... I was one of those kids a LONG time ago that experienced the same thing.
dustrho

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2003, 04:52 PM »
Females who shows off their clevage and buttock.

Okay, this is just too funny.  
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Darth Ghidorah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2003, 05:11 PM »
I have to write one more thing.

Stupid little morons that are named Ralph Malph and think they are funny when they are ***wads.
You suck at life.

Ewoks own you.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2003, 05:22 PM »
Lets keep personal attacks off of the board, guys. If you have problems with any of the forum members, just notify a staff member and we'll handle it accordingly.

As you were.. ;D

Offline Darth Ghidorah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Sorry, I just had to let that out somewhere.
You suck at life.

Ewoks own you.

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2003, 05:31 PM »
I have to write one more thing.

Stupid little morons that are named Ralph Malph and think they are funny when they are ***wads.

Ideed. That another peeve for me. Annoying forum memeber noobs who thinks they are so cool when they are really a ( What Darth Ghidorah quoted)
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2003, 09:07 PM »
I'd like to second what Cory ahd to say, personal attacks will not be tolerated here, consider this your first warning ;)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2003, 10:42 PM »
Yesterday I figured out some more work related pet peeves:
1.  Shoplifters:  Yester two people decided to shoplift and got away with it.  First guy (older) opened up a bunch of bags of cherris and put some of each bag in his pocket in front of people, he got away since no employees saw him.  Second incident some younger guy stoled a bottle of liquor and got away as will.  
2.  The fact that I can't stop these shoplifter with force.  ;D  One of the funniest momments of the past five years at my work happened one night that I saw a couple of younger adults stealing some bluk candy  ::) and trying to walk out a locked door.  They eventually found the unlock door as I was walking in and I truned around and followed them to they get away car where two other people were waiting.  EVentually they saw me and were getting in the car when the driver started driving off causing the make shoplifter (who was still trying to get in the car) to fall on his *** and break the bottle of liquor that he had in his jacket ;D ;.  We called the cops and they came but the people drove off and ditched the car that was stoling.  I wish I could do this more but I can't even though I see alot of jerks shoplifting.