Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243609 times)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #750 on: July 13, 2006, 12:05 PM »
This has probably been covered at some point in this thread... but I ******* can't stand it when I'm trying to buy one or two toys that I picked up at a Wal-Mart and some jackass with 600 things in his shopping cart is holding up the line at the garden center.

Paying with a check, naturally.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 13, 2006, 12:23 PM »
I ******* hate those self checkouts. Half of the nearest Wal-Mart's checkout lanes have been replaced with them. They rarely work correctly and they always give me some sort of BS error message about how my item was not placed in the bag, or how it needs to be rescanned. Whenever I have to use them it takes me 20 minutes just to buy 2 or 3 figures. Ridiculous.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 13, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I love self-checkout.  But it's the same thing as the garden center... if you have 900 items, you shouldn't ******* be using one.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 13, 2006, 03:48 PM »
OK, I'm looking at a pattern here, Rob. 600-900-1200? Holy ****- that's like 8 carts minimum...I'd hate to shop where you do. ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 13, 2006, 05:34 PM »
I shop at Hyperbole-mart.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 3, 2006, 02:29 PM »
When did it become acceptable for people to bring their little yippy dogs with them everywhere?  I love dogs, but is it necessary to bring them to Lowe's, Walmart, Target & Home Depot?  It seems like everytime I turn around someone's got a dog in their purse or their buggy.   
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 4, 2006, 10:32 AM »
I love self-checkout.  But it's the same thing as the garden center... if you have 900 items, you shouldn't ******* be using one.

Or if you are over 55.  I swear I just want to punch these people that scan the item, have this blank look until it says to place the item in the bag.  Like they need the machine to affirm that yes, you put the item you have purchased in a bag.  Then they press the touch screen like it has actual buttons with a huge amout of force.  AGgg!  It is supposed to be faster.

I think these were designed with people that have "scanning/register" experience in mind.  Intuitively, if you have done it, you know where the UPC is for an item.  I hate when someone has to look at every side of the box to find it, then scan it.  I love the self checkouts but I sometimes find its more of a headache than the regular lines.

In the normal checkout lines, I hate when a cashier takes items that are not hitting the belt sensor before items that are, preventing the belt from advancing, thereby holding up the progression of items on belt-over scanner-in bag.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 4, 2006, 12:25 PM »
It bugs the **** out of me when I'm in a store -- usually WM -- and an employee needs to page a manager/another employee.  They tend to yell into the phone/paging system.  The thing that really peeves me is that they slam the phone down, missing the base 3 or 4 times before getting it right -- all the while broadcasting it to the entire store.  For God's sake, disconnect the page first (perhaps put your finger on the hang-up button?) then put the receiver back >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 7, 2006, 03:19 PM »
When did it become acceptable for people to bring their little yippy dogs with them everywhere?  I love dogs, but is it necessary to bring them to Lowe's, Walmart, Target & Home Depot?  It seems like everytime I turn around someone's got a dog in their purse or their buggy.   

I actually had a conversation with an employee at my optomotrist about this the other week.  She blames Petsmart for starting this trend.  Since they made it ok to bring pets into the store, some moronic pet owners now think it's alright to take them anywhere.  I never thought I'd see the day where I'd walk into my local hardware store to a sign that reads "No Pets."

It's gotten so bad that my wife and I have now decided to complain to every store manager when we see a pet in a store they shouldn't be in.  Went to Safeway on Saturday and saw a lady with her rat-dog in the store.  That's pretty much when we decided enough is enough.  If you complain, something will get done about it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 8, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Was at the beach today and the signs are clearly marked: No pets allowed on the beach.  Sure as **** a couple of dogs are out there.  And hey, I love dogs as much as the next person, but when they gotta go, they're going and that's either on the sand or in the lake and I want no part of that.  It's a pet, not a ******* child, leave it at home jackass.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 14, 2006, 07:26 PM »
People that have no concept of what the merge lane is for.  Is it to stop on and look at all the oncoming traffic going 70 mph???  No - twiddledick!!!  So put that fat-ass foot on your damn gas peddle and GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beth

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 14, 2006, 07:48 PM »
People that have no concept of what the merge lane is for.  Is it to stop on and look at all the oncoming traffic going 70 mph???  No - twiddledick!!!  So put that fat-ass foot on your damn gas peddle and GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well put Beth!! :)  I really don't feel like getting run over because you're too much of a wuss to get on the Interstate.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 14, 2006, 08:20 PM »

I love it when they bring their dogs in to my work place, a grocery store, and when I tell them to they have to leave the dog outside they look at me as if I'm discrimiating them or something. 
Another one that get to me is when people get a shoping cart from outside.  When they start shopping they see we don't have what they want so they decide to leave (that doesn't brother me to much) but they leave the shopping cart in the asile/walkways (blocking other people) instead of taking the cart back outside with them. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 15, 2006, 04:01 AM »

Amen.  My wife rear-ended a guy in the merge lane because he suddenly braked instead of accelerating.  Ass clown.  ::)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 15, 2006, 08:29 AM »
Twiddledick  ;D

And I agree - **** those morons.  Another related one is the peckerheads who love to phantom brake.  You know, all of a sudden hit their brakes for no apparent reason whatsoever.  What the ****?
Common sense isn't so common