Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243221 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #870 on: December 19, 2007, 12:27 PM »
People who won't fix their signature lines........... ::)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #871 on: December 24, 2007, 01:37 AM »
Here's one that's been getting on my nerves for a while now:

People who park the wrong way in those diagonal spots in parking lots.  They are meant for a driver to pull into the spot and then back out and drive away.  Not to either back into the spot or pull into one and keep going so then you are parked in the next row.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 10, 2008, 10:15 AM »
This is at the top of my list:

People who work in an office area and feel the need to keep their cell phones on the loudest ringer setting so that everyone in the entire building can here it going off.  Phones are equipped with a vibrate option for just this reason!  Oh, and when they are not at their desk to pick up their calls, their phone sets off the 'missed call' or 'voicemail waiting' indicator every minute or two until they come back and turn it off. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 29, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Not so much a "Pet Peeve" as "Things that People Do That Make Go 'Huh'?".  When I was checking out in the garden dept. at the Wilmar yesterday there were two gentlemen in front of me with a full buggy.  I soon realized that they were buying a buggy full of candy.  At first I didn't think much of it, other than the fact that it was a buggy full of individual sized candies, as opposed to large bags of treat sized candies.  The really disturbing part came when the next thing they started loading on the counter were double handfuls of assorted condoms.  I started thinking "yuck!  Are they pervs looking to use the candy to lure kids, hence the condoms OR do they have a bunch of kids and don't want anymore, hence the condoms?"  Either way, it bugged the hell out of me.   I could see their total when I started loading my stuff up and it was $112.00.  It was quite a little investment. :o
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #874 on: January 29, 2008, 05:22 PM »
I'm going to say they are using the rubbers as treat bags, and putting the candy inside...  The assorted colors are obviously more fun for the kids, plus they make fun balloons when you're done eating your candy treats!

Their hands are arthritic, and they didn't want to open the prepacked bags of "fun size" candies due to joint pain.

Everything has an explanation.

It was quite a little investment.

Isn't the smile on a child's face worth $112?  These were just nice old guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #875 on: January 29, 2008, 05:31 PM »
It could have been some guys from Planned Parenthood. Perhaps handing out condoms and candy? I've seen similar promotions here at CSU. But I think I like Jesse's explanation better. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 29, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Pisses me off when people like Tracy don't follow their instincts and shoot the *******. 

That and shopping carts.  50 mph winds up here today and people are leaving the damn carts to be blown around the lot.  Yeah thanks for that.

Also more than a little pissed at the NHL for instituting that inane shoot out competition at the allstar game.  Kudos to Ovechkin for figuring out the rules and playing along, but total thumbs down to the NHL for even thinking something like that would work.  It does work in the NBA because there's no ******* goalie blocking the hoop.  How stupid do you really have to be to understand that.  Right.  Bettman-stupid. 
That must have been embarassing for the players and the judges alike.  I can imagine Dominique sitting there going to himself why's there a guy in the net? this is dumb
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #877 on: January 29, 2008, 05:45 PM »
If you must know, we were using the condoms to smuggle in the candies to diabetics in prison.  Is that okay with you people?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 29, 2008, 09:29 PM »
If you must know, we were using the condoms to smuggle in the candies to diabetics in prison.  Is that okay with you people?

Matt -- I didn't know you were a middle-aged, pudgey, African-American ???

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #879 on: January 29, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Matt -- I didn't know you were a middle-aged, pudgey, African-American ???

Learn something new every day.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 29, 2008, 10:28 PM »
It could have been some guys from Planned Parenthood. Perhaps handing out condoms and candy? I've seen similar promotions here at CSU. But I think I like Jesse's explanation better. :P

probably right...some sort of sex ed, safe sex awareness education program....i remember getting an email from purchasing at a college I was working at once to explain why I had a purchase order in for a  zuchinni, bannanas, cucumbers, a large bottle of KY, and a hundred or so condoms.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 29, 2008, 10:30 PM »
oh yeah, and i've been meaning to post a pet peeve for a while...

"we're sorry, you must first dial a one or a zero...."

I have a tendency to forget the one, but add the area code.  If the phone system can detect the error well enough to give me that automated message, then it should be able to plug in the ******* 1 for me and connect the call.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 29, 2008, 10:36 PM »
oh yeah, and i've been meaning to post a pet peeve for a while...

"we're sorry, you must first dial a one or a zero...."

I have a tendency to forget the one, but add the area code.  If the phone system can detect the error well enough to give me that automated message, then it should be able to plug in the ******* 1 for me and connect the call.

Sounds familiar.  My cell phone will record all the incoming calls with the area code as well, but not the one.  So I can't simply select the number and press send to call back. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 30, 2008, 07:02 AM »

probably right...some sort of sex ed, safe sex awareness education program....i remember getting an email from purchasing at a college I was working at once to explain why I had a purchase order in for a  zuchinni, bannanas, cucumbers, a large bottle of KY, and a hundred or so condoms.

Somehow they didn't look like they were from Planned Parenthood, or from any legitimate sex ed program..................

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 6, 2008, 05:13 PM »
My 8 month old daughter is sick today but my wife is working out of town and all our friends and family are working today too, so I had to leave work 4 hours early.  When I told my boss, he told me I need to look into another job because he's getting tired of covering for me.  Granted, I've missed some work lately, like being in hospital with my heart condition twice in the last 3 months and our kids have been sick a couple times.  But what the hell am I supposed to do?  Daycare refuses to take sick kids (for good reason) and it's not like I've been sick with a something little like a cold.  ******* *******, I think I will look for another job.  Or maybe it's time to take parental leave for a couple months to decide what to do.