Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242885 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #915 on: December 15, 2008, 09:40 AM »
As some of you might have heard there were ice storms in the Northeast/New England late last week.  And as a result power got knocked out, including to traffic lights.  Now, I don't know if every state handles that situation the same way, but in NY if the signal isn't working you are supposed to treat the intersection like a four way stop sign.  Its really not that hard.  Instead we have all the idiots going 40 through intersections when they should be stopping, or if the person in front of them stops, and then goes, they go too.  Its really not that hard to not be an idiot...

Also people, when there is the slightest amount of snow/ice on the ground completely lose their limited ability to park within a single parking spot.  I'm not even talking about when there is 2 inches of packed ice, so the lines aren't visible, I'm talking about when the line is 90% visible....

I am not the Stig

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #916 on: December 24, 2008, 01:13 PM »
A woman, talking on a cell phone, driving a car.

I don't know if this belongs more here, or if I should just start up a "Things that frighten the ever-living **** out of you" thread.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 24, 2008, 01:57 PM »
A woman talking on a cell phone while driving a car, looking at a map, smoking and coming down the on-ramp.  Gender is largely irrelevant given how high the level of stupidity required to achieve that combination. 

Folks that park in the fire lanes on December 24th rank up there too.  Like you're going to get in and out of Walmart quickly on the day before Christmas? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 21, 2009, 10:37 AM »
So its almost tax time.  Employers don't have to send a W-2 until the end of month, but mine has them available to print out from a website from about the 15th of the month.  So I downloaded the information I needed about my mortgage and got all the other docs together and then I bought a copy of Taxcut.  So I'm doing my taxes last night and I get close to the end when I get an error message that form 8880 (which is some sort of savings credit) hasn't be updated yet, by Taxcut, so I can't file yet.  So I run the update, and a message comes up that it should be updated by the 29th.  Its really annoying to try and do this early, and then have the software not be ready.  Why are they selling incomplete software?  What if I had bought the version that doesn't include e-file, would that software not work too? >:(
I am not the Stig

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 2, 2009, 01:40 AM »
When a guy who used to be a regular gets sucked up in his life and doesn't post more than a handful of times in 2008!

Wait...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #920 on: March 29, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Bumping this thread back up to the top.

I can't stand it when people misspell "Prequel" as "Prequal." This seems to be one of the more frequent spelling errors on Star Wars forums. Just reading through several threads today I have already seen it misspelled "prequal" 5-6 times today...
"This is the way."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 29, 2009, 06:11 PM »
I've not had to visit a major hospital since I was a young boy so I've been oblivous I guess, but I find it OUTRAGEOUS that you have to pay for parking at a freakin hospital with a loved one inside who is dying. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #922 on: March 30, 2009, 02:28 PM »
People who try to start April Fools "jokes" two days early to "catch you off guard".    ::)  ::)  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 30, 2009, 02:44 PM »
April Fools Jokes.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #924 on: March 30, 2009, 04:24 PM »
I've not had to visit a major hospital since I was a young boy so I've been oblivous I guess, but I find it OUTRAGEOUS that you have to pay for parking at a freakin hospital with a loved one inside who is dying. 

If they don't charge, then people who work nearby will park at the hospital lot instead of paying for parking at another lot.  Usually the hospital will validate your ticket so you can park free or at a reduced rate.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 30, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Bounty Select-A-Size.

The loud hand dryers at Target bathrooms.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16 PM »
How about the hand dryers that turn off about 5 seconds before your hands are actually dry?  That way you have to hit the button again and the dryer uses twice as much energy, when they could've programmed the thing to go another few seconds and not waste that energy.

Or, I have the slowest drying hands in the world, and that makes me angry!!! >:(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:16 PM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 30, 2009, 05:49 PM »
Bounty Select-A-Size.

What!?  You don't like the Bounty brand of this or SAS in general?  Having kids, we would be in the poor house without SAS paper towels (though Target brand is the best value).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #928 on: March 30, 2009, 05:57 PM »
People who try to start April Fools "jokes" two days early to "catch you off guard".    ::)  ::)  ::)

Is there a good story behind this one, Jeff?
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 31, 2009, 10:40 AM »
So we're looking to trade in my Wife's old car for a new car.  Its the end of the quarter, so incentive programs end today, so if I'm going to take advantage, we have to act fast.  Problem is the new title we got for her car in December, still lists a lein that was fully paid off almost two years ago, and we can't find the payoff letter.  >:(  Now we have to do all this running around to get a lein release letter when the bank should have just notified the DMV that the lein was released, like two years ago.
I am not the Stig