Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243672 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2005, 01:32 AM »
Reminds me of my experience tonight. I went grocery shopping after work, and I decided to go get some pancakes at Perkins. When I got there, there was just a few cars out front, since the drunks haven't yet come in. I get seated and get my menu, though I already know what I'm going to order. My waitress comes up, takes my order, and leaves. So I chill for a bit, smoking, drinking the obligatory glass of ice water. My chocolate milk arrives, and my grub will be up shortly.

Fifteen minutes later, still no grub. No sign of the waitress either. Hm.

I finally see her, ask her where my pancakes are. She goes to get them, and brings 'em right out. Walks away swiftly, before I had a chance to ask for silverware and more chocolate milk.  ::)

So I walk up to the area they keep the silverware and get it myself.

I eat. Drinking ice water, because I still don't have my milk.
When I'm done, I'm still waiting for the bill. Ten minutes later, still no bill, so I throw $8.50 on the table which covers the cost of my meal. (I've eaten there many times, I know what it costs.) Like hell I'm going to tip for that kind of service.

I just don't understand it sometimes.  Maybe my haircut scares them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2005, 04:34 PM »
The way things from your childhood just don't seem the same when you experience them as an adult. I used to love getting the ol' Shamrock Shake at McDonald's when I was a kid. The cool, velvety mint texture was one of my favorites. McDonald's then put this seasonal favorite on hiatus. But recently I saw them advertised and actually picked one up. Yuck! It doesn't even resemble the taste of mint ice cream. It was far too sugary, and my mind couldn't help but imagine how much green dye I was ingesting with every gulp. Oh so very, very disappointing.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 23, 2005, 03:23 AM »
What some people seem to think it costs to ship stuff on ebay. Found a McFarlane baseball Sportspicks series 1 Sammy Sosa for $10 BIN.

Shipping? $8.50.

::)

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 23, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Driving behind a 'roach coach' on the freeway at five o'clock in the blessed a.m. Nothing like the smell of hot rancid grease filling the interior of my ride early in the morning. Ugh...no, double Ugh!  :P

It was only going like 60 mph, too.  :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 23, 2005, 09:58 AM »
What some people seem to think it costs to ship stuff on ebay. Found a McFarlane baseball Sportspicks series 1 Sammy Sosa for $10 BIN.

Shipping? $8.50.

::)

Was it in Canada?  If so, he's probably taking a small loss to ship at that price.  $11.75 CAD.  Sad, but true.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 23, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Nope. It's here in the USA.

I guess I never have bought a clamshelled figure on ebay, so I wouldn't know how much it costs to ship them.
It just feels too high, is all.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 23, 2005, 11:52 AM »
In the US it is.  It's usually in the neighborhood of about $4-5.  Canada Post sucks. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2005, 10:57 AM »
What pisses me off?  Paperwork!  I'm taking over as pharmacy manager for a week
while my boss is on holidays, and damned if I can't get the books to balance.  I've
tried three different times on three different days, and I'm still $110.01 away, every
time. 

Bah!

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Things that piss me off as of right at this minute:  Men! 
I'm having a bad men day.
I hate those.
I'm going to try and cool out for a bit before I head back outside.
And if they piss me off again, I'm going to get either some margarita mix or some wine
and stay at home for the rest of the evening!
Oh, and another thing- the BUZZ feature on Yahoo! Messenger- whoever came up w/
that brillant idea should be shot.  Some single guy from Morocco just "Buzzed" me,
and I don't even know who the **** he is.  Pisses me off... Do they really think a single
woman in the US is that desperate to find a guy we have to go to Morocco or India or
wherever?  I guess some must be.  I'm not going to be anyone's greencard.   I'm also
not going to be anyone's meal ticket, mommy (except for Aidan), or subservient
housewife. 
Don't tell me that jeans are inappropriate to go out in.  Don't tell me what type of
underwear I should have on.   Don't act like if you buy me lunch, I'm assuming you
are going to put me through college- it's not even a funny joke- it's insulting.  I have a
good paying job.  I have my own place.  I don't need a man to support me financially.
Don't leer at me from your pickup and keep trying to get my attention at a red light-
what, you expect me to give you my number or something by holding it up to the
window?  Don't ask me out on a date when you already have a girlfriend or wife.
Better yet, don't pretend you don't have a girlfriend or wife, ask me out, and then cancel
the date and tell me that actually do have a girlfriend or wife and you are going to
try and make that relationship work out.  And don't act like I'm going to care about it,
because, frankly, I'm glad to be rid of your sorry lying ass.  Oh, and calling me babe? well,
if you know me, that's one thing, but if you don't- DON'T.

Geez...

Okay, I think I'm ready to face the world again... or at least catch a movie.

BTW, I do actually love men... and I know there is the right guy out there for me, until
then I have to encounter a bunch of losers...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #339 on: February 26, 2005, 08:57 PM »
I'm feeling much better now, fyi  :)
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 9, 2005, 01:41 PM »
Well it's the Postal system and Western Digital that burns my ass today. I bought a new hard drive last year and it came with a $30. US rebate from Western Digital. After I installed the drive and made sure everything was fine, I filled out the rebate form and mailed it.

I had to wait 6 to 8 weeks to receive my refund. Well sometime in January I received my rebate check but it was damaged, not sure if it was in the US or Canada system but the check was torn up. It came in a clear plastic bag from the PO.

You could make out what it was but I took it to the bank and they said that I should send it back for a replacement as it was to damaged. Not a biggy, the next day I send it back.

Today I receive my replacement check and it's in super condition, except for one thing "Void If Not Cashed By Feb 06/2005". WTF!

Great, now I can't cash it because you forgot to change the ******* date ********!  >:(

I'll chance it at the bank to see if they take it but... :-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 9, 2005, 01:46 PM »
Hmm, sorry to hear that Dale.

My pet Peeve...this jerk who comes and plows our driveway. Now, I shovele the driveway for 10 buck less than he does, as per agreement with my grandparents. The snowplow blocked off our driveway, and here he comes, plows the front off for us, and now he he's gonna expect 30 bucks. For plowing 5 feet.

What a rip off. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 9, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Do not call my house and put me on hold, tell me that your representatives are busy, make me hold for a whole minute, and then say no one is available, and give ME a number to call YOU back. That's the most retarded system I have ever seen.

Kevin

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 9, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Call display is the greatest thing ever invented.  I can usually avoid these ******** altogether, but of course there's always a few that block their number.

On a related note, I just don't understand some people's need to answer the phone anytime it rings.  If I'm in a pissy mood or if it's someone I don't feel like talking to, I just don't answer it.  Simple as that.  If it's important, they'll call back, right?  Life will go on if you don't answer the phone.

(BTW Kevin, the 2nd half of that post was not directed at you.)
« Last Edit: March 9, 2005, 05:33 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 9, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Oh, no problem.

I'm also mad at waitresses who circle the table like a hawk.

Kevin