Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242015 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #345 on: March 9, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Things that piss me off as of right at this minute:  Men! 
I'm having a bad men day.
I hate those.
I'm going to try and cool out for a bit before I head back outside.
And if they piss me off again, I'm going to get either some margarita mix or some wine
and stay at home for the rest of the evening!
Oh, and another thing- the BUZZ feature on Yahoo! Messenger- whoever came up w/
that brillant idea should be shot.  Some single guy from Morocco just "Buzzed" me,
and I don't even know who the **** he is.  Pisses me off... Do they really think a single
woman in the US is that desperate to find a guy we have to go to Morocco or India or
wherever?  I guess some must be.  I'm not going to be anyone's greencard.   I'm also
not going to be anyone's meal ticket, mommy (except for Aidan), or subservient
housewife. 
Don't tell me that jeans are inappropriate to go out in.  Don't tell me what type of
underwear I should have on.   Don't act like if you buy me lunch, I'm assuming you
are going to put me through college- it's not even a funny joke- it's insulting.  I have a
good paying job.  I have my own place.  I don't need a man to support me financially.
Don't leer at me from your pickup and keep trying to get my attention at a red light-
what, you expect me to give you my number or something by holding it up to the
window?  Don't ask me out on a date when you already have a girlfriend or wife.
Better yet, don't pretend you don't have a girlfriend or wife, ask me out, and then cancel
the date and tell me that actually do have a girlfriend or wife and you are going to
try and make that relationship work out.  And don't act like I'm going to care about it,
because, frankly, I'm glad to be rid of your sorry lying ass.  Oh, and calling me babe? well,
if you know me, that's one thing, but if you don't- DON'T.

So basically what you're telling me to do is to stop being a guy...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #346 on: March 9, 2005, 11:06 PM »
How so Dressel- what do you do that's on that list??
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2005, 01:51 AM »
People who get pissed off at me if I don't return their calls RIGHT ******* NOW. I work second shift, and my friends usually call around 8:30 PM to tell me where they'll be. Some can handle this, but others can't. I had 5 messages on my phone when I checked it at 10:30 PM. Each one using filthier language than the last.

**** you, you silly ***** living off your parent's money and not working- you're 24, GET A ******* JOB.
I work full time and got my ass back into school and do well at that, so can you. I pay all my bills out of my pocket- I don't take my parent's money. So don't call me fifteen times a day saying you're having a good time instead of working or studying.

On a related note, I met this girl, Lisa. She called me all the time while I was at work too. Everything was good until she came over to the love shack. Apparently, she couldn't handle a guy who likes comics, toys, and video games. Too bad. She liked the Cubs, too. Pity. :D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2005, 04:02 AM »
HMI, I have a similar problem to yours. I rotate between 2nd shift and 3rd shift and though I don't expect my friend's to keep track all the time, when I say I'm working so and so hours, don't start bugging me to go out during those times. Case in point, some friends and I usually get together twice a month for dinner at Chili's. I'll get an email from the guys saying hey were going to be there at such and such time the following night. I'll then write back and say I can't make it, I'll be working. So what happens? The next morning, I'll get a phone call from one of the guys (usually the guy who sent out the initial email), waking me up to remind me of the time. To which I have to say to him "WHAT THE **** don't you read the replies to the email you sent out? I got work later on and oh yeah thanks for ****** waking me up *******!" And I leave it at that. You would think by now they'd get the point when I say I can't go, I can't go.

Then again that's basically the same group I play poker with and again many times I can't make it cause of my work schedule. Well this week we're discussing the next game, the date of April 15th had been discussed at one point. So I send out an email sayin hey are we doing the game on the 15th and reminding them I can't make it on the 22nd (C3). So 4 of the 5 guys get back to me to say yeah we're doing the 15th. Then the 5th guy comes in and says he can't do the 15th, how about the 22nd? Well then the other 4 guys write back and say yeah we're all in for the 22nd, not even remembering we had just discussed that the 22nd wasn't good for me. Am I mad that they're playing the 22nd? No not at all, won't be the first game I've missed, but I get pissed when they don't bother to recall what I just said. Damn they're so ****** stupid sometimes...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Hypocrites. Now I know we all do somthing hypocritical from time to time, but come on. People that are non-stop hypocritical. I cannot stand that. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 10, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Morons that ride their bikes in the snow.  We got another late season dump of nice, heavy East Coast/heart attack quality snow.  About 6 inches worth.  I'm taking my daughter to pre-school and the traffic is crawling along on this road with a 50 mph speed limit.  Sure, it's slippery but not THAT bad.  You know why it's so slow?  Some ******* granola muncher is out there on his mountain bike blocking a lane. 

I swear, had I gotten close enough to him I would have hit him on purpose and not felt remotely bad about his injuries/death >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 10, 2005, 12:55 PM »
If your daughter was in the front seat, you should have pulled up next to him, leaned over her, and opened the door and knocked him off his bike. That would teach him. My uncle did that to some guy who keeyd his car as he passed.

Kevin

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Nothing is lower than keying a car.   >:(  Anyone caught doing that should be hung up by their testacles in public and beaten with baseball bats. 

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #353 on: March 10, 2005, 10:38 PM »
when you put that Rice Crispies treat in the microwave to just lightly heat it up, but you punch the auto min button then get ditsy and forget to check in ten seconds and it goes for 30 seconds... and then you have to scrape the sticky marshmellow junk out of the microwave and it's just such a mess... man, I hate when that happens...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 10, 2005, 10:40 PM »
when you put that Rice Crispies treat in the microwave to just lightly heat it up, but you punch the auto min button then get ditsy and forget to check in ten seconds and it goes for 30 seconds... and then you have to scrape the sticky marshmellow junk out of the microwave and it's just such a mess... man, I hate when that happens...

Does this happen frequently in your house...or...what?

Kevin

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Does this happen frequently in your house...or...what?

Kevin
Nope... don't usually have the things even in the house- but I wanted that darn Darth Vader cookie jar- and you had to get 3 boxes!!!- but they are only 2 points each... they just taste better slightly heated...
got a problem w/ that Kev? huh?  >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 10, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Yeah. A little bit! :D

Kevin

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #357 on: March 10, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Yeah. A little bit! :D

Kevin
Well, you're going to have to live with it!!! 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2005, 11:09 PM »
So it blew up in the Microwave? I bet we could call you Princess of Pop then! ;D

Just teasin!

Kevin

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 11, 2005, 08:17 AM »
<3

Common sense isn't so common