Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242864 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #375 on: March 23, 2005, 02:54 PM »
We all do what we don't want to at some point Kev.  Humor your grandma, sounds like she does a lot for you, help her out this time and it might turn into something good for you.

Anyway.....

Airplanes.  Where do I begin?  How about with the whole boarding procedure?  How do you not understand boarding by row number and the fact it does not mean if you feign ignorance, everyone will think it's cute.  Back of the line *******, you're not dyslexic.  The converse holds true as well: why do people that seemingly need to board early and with assistance suddenly find the strength to race off the plane once it has arrived, usually undoing their seatbelt and standing before the plane has come to a stop.  The airlines are trying to avoid a lawsuit and having anyone hurt, *******, predominantly because it won't be you that falls down, but your 450 lb bag that is NOT a piece of carry-on luggage is going to skull someone else >:( 

Speaking of which, I'll happily pay more to any airline that actually has the balls to take luggage away from people that are boarding because it's too large or they have too many pieces.  I'd like to not have to check my luggage too, ****face, but I don't feel entitled to using up two full overhead bins because I need the legroom. 

Portable electronic devices - this means you, *******.  Could the instructions be any clearer?  No, they can't.  A simple amount of courtesy and understanding is all anyone is asking, so hooking up your modem and cell phone in flight doesn't kill us all, dumbass.  And when we land?  You really don't need to call sweety/pumpkin/lovebunny right a-*******-way.  I don't want or need to hear your retarded ass conversation.  What ever happened to public decorum and discretion? 

Anyway, I gotta go book my flight for C3 ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2005, 02:59 PM »
We all do what we don't want to at some point Kev.  Humor your grandma, sounds like she does a lot for you, help her out this time and it might turn into something good for you.

Anyway.....

Airplanes.  Where do I begin?  How about with the whole boarding procedure?  How do you not understand boarding by row number and the fact it does not mean if you feign ignorance, everyone will think it's cute.  Back of the line *******, you're not dyslexic.  The converse holds true as well: why do people that seemingly need to board early and with assistance suddenly find the strength to race off the plane once it has arrived, usually undoing their seatbelt and standing before the plane has come to a stop.  The airlines are trying to avoid a lawsuit and having anyone hurt, *******, predominantly because it won't be you that falls down, but your 450 lb bag that is NOT a piece of carry-on luggage is going to skull someone else >:( 

Speaking of which, I'll happily pay more to any airline that actually has the balls to take luggage away from people that are boarding because it's too large or they have too many pieces.  I'd like to not have to check my luggage too, ****face, but I don't feel entitled to using up two full overhead bins because I need the legroom. 

Portable electronic devices - this means you, *******.  Could the instructions be any clearer?  No, they can't.  A simple amount of courtesy and understanding is all anyone is asking, so hooking up your modem and cell phone in flight doesn't kill us all, dumbass.  And when we land?  You really don't need to call sweety/pumpkin/lovebunny right a-*******-way.  I don't want or need to hear your retarded ass conversation.  What ever happened to public decorum and discretion? 

Do what I'm doing. Drive. It will be an adventure.

Insurance webpages giving me a quote pisses me off.

I was at geico, and I filled out everything, hit next, and the page wouldnt load, and so I had to restart. Bastards. I guess I will pay for Progressive, and that will be that. Here's $1,345.78 in the hole. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Nope, too far.  7 hours to Minneapolis then another 8-10 to Indy.  It's a time issue.  I'm taking three days off work as it is, I've no desire to use up another couple.  The flights themselves only eat up about three hours, 8 each when you factor in time at the airport ::)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 23, 2005, 10:12 PM »

Where do I begin?

Back of the line *******, *******, ****face, *******,dumbass,right a-*******-way,you retarded ass

Brent, when does your flight land??  I gotta be there to enjoy another entertaining story before C3 begins. :-*
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2005, 01:26 AM »
Hmm, by that quote one would think I'm fairly foul-mouthed.  Ah well, if the shoe fits....

Still have to book my flight, but gunning to get the second flight out of here, a decent connection out of Minneapolis that should have me there by 11:30 on the Wednesday before. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2005, 10:33 AM »
I may be seeing you on that flight.  If it's NWA flight 498, leaving at 10:14am and arriving at 11:47am in Indy. 

Ironic that this is in the Pet Peeves thread, eh?

;D

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 29, 2005, 08:31 PM »
One thing that piss me off is my work which I do in the bakery department of my store.  The main pain is that my time is to short on what i have to do so I end up usually running behind on stuff.  Usually if I don't do something my department manger gets mad and leaves me and the other clerks a note saying whats wrong and how to fix it.  THis usually leaves us upset since she usually never thanks us for working hard. 
This was until recently when we all got $50 dollars from her which I using for MM.  Now we can't complain about her not thanking us.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2005, 08:49 PM »
I may be seeing you on that flight.  If it's NWA flight 498, leaving at 10:14am and arriving at 11:47am in Indy. 

Ironic that this is in the Pet Peeves thread, eh?

;D

Does that mean I'm a pet peeve of yours, or vice versa.  And yes, that's the flight I'm on.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2005, 09:03 PM »
My mouth tasting of mint for a day and a half now!

GO AWAY MINT!

Kevin

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2005, 09:36 PM »
People that bring their kid's to their tax appointment. 

"No, I don't mind if your kid opens those file cabinets, hell..there's nothing personal/private in those...go right ahead."

"Hell little Jimmy-take that booger off your finger and just wipe it down the arm of the chair...Mom, don't hurt yourself getting the kid a kleenex from the box in front of your ******' face."

"Yes, that's an adding machine and no, you shouldn't even be on this side of the desk, much less trying to touch it."

"Do I mind if you take him to the bathroom, I think it's a little to late since the chair he was sitting on is a lot darker, but it's out the door and to the right....no, you may think that's the way you came in but you actually have to go outside and around the builiding to get to our bathrooms...really..."

"Yes, it's $50.00 more this year than last but I'm going to order top shelf tonight...sorry"

Beth

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #385 on: March 29, 2005, 09:37 PM »
When I post pics in the Top 5 Hotties thread and the next day they're gone, because the damn site I got them from, blocked hot-linking. Come on sites, share the love!  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #386 on: March 30, 2005, 12:04 AM »
My mouth tasting of mint for a day and a half now!

GO AWAY MINT!

Kevin

Smoke a Winston, it'll clear that right up.

*coughs, hacks up lung*
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2005, 01:35 AM »
What pisses me off? Spam mail from a certain jackass who owns a certain collecting site.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 30, 2005, 02:55 AM »
A certain waitress on sunday who wouldn't shut up about how she gave birth to a child, and how passing the baby did not hurt, but the contractions did. It was ALL she spoke of for at least 3 hours of the day. She wasn't even paying attention to her work. She dropped a glass of milk, and a cup of coffee, into my silverware bin, murking up the water. When it came time to do the silver I sliced my hand open because I could not SEE into the container.

And every time, and I do mean EVERY time I had my back turned, some one would drop off a stack of food covered dishes and leave. The waitress is supposed to clean off the plates into the provided trash can, not stack them for me to do, and slow my dish cleaning process.

End rant.

Kevin

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 30, 2005, 02:59 AM »
People that tell you their life story or most intimate details the first time you meet them.  Uh, lady, I really don't want to know that.  It makes me incredibly uncomfortable and want to leave.  Now.