Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243371 times)

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #405 on: May 22, 2005, 10:22 PM »
****tardswho can't hang up and drive.  Damnit!!!  Is the call more important than you staying in your own ******* lane to avoid hitting my truck that dwarfs your little hot rod?

Dont get me started on the cell phone / driving crud... the lame brains around here that do that all have something in common.  They talk holding the phone to their right ear, holding the steering wheel with their left hand, AND VEERING LEFT INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (usually me)

I have found as I have gotten older (45 now), that I can't STAND BAD DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are four kinds of bad drivers in our area:
those from 30 county
those over the age of (gawd knows) 80-90
those on cell phones
anything with a contractor's sign on the side.

This week, I ran into an old lady on a cell phone from 30 county speeding up onto me from behind.. and a stoop from 30 county in an electrical contractors truck that didn't know what a red light meant...

ARRRRRRRRRRGH.. had a bad day that day...

(and BTW...I cried like a little kid at the end of ROTS)
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2005, 01:46 PM »
They accused me of causing the accident now, saying I ran a red light, based on the other drivers claim. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2005, 03:25 PM »
They accused me of causing the accident now, saying I ran a red light, based on the other drivers claim. >:(

Kevin

That sounds familiar. The same kind of thing happened to my friend. It was a really snowy night and my friend pulled up to an intersection, and the light was out (blinking red, meaning the light is essentially a 4-way stop) there was a truck to his right that got there at about the same time niehter one of them went so my friend started going, all of a sudden another car in the lane on the other side of the truck went flying throught the intersection, (without ever stopping) and hit my friend as he was crossing. When the police arrive they were asking around to see what happen and one of the two drivers and his whole car were drunk (I think it was the truck, the one that didn't hit him, as wierd as that sounds) and the cops took the word of the drunk over the word of my friend nad his passenger, my other friend. My friend ended up getting a ticket and and he was blamed for the whole thing because the cop took some drunk's word over that of two 17 year old kids.

There are so many things on the road that piss me off, to name a few:

• people who talk on there phones
  • semi-trucks in the left lane on the highway
  • people who drive below the speed limit or even right at the speed limit in the left lane on highways
  • people who turn into the wrong lane and nearly run me or someone else off the road
  • drunk driver's, they say they will ony hurt themselves, but they always end up hurting or killing the innocent person who isn't drunk >:(
  • People who don't give you a courtesy wave when you let them in, I ******* hate that >:(
  • and the #1 thing: Retards who don't know what the **** a blinker is. They either don't use one which is really aggrivating, turn it on way too early and pass like 5 turns before they actually turn, don't reallize it is on and drive for a mile or two befroe they realize, and as dumb as this sounds I've seen it a couple times: people who use the wrong ******* blinker, I've seen people put on their left blinker to turn right, it really isn't that hard.

I've actually got more than that but I'll stop. Oh I and I also can't stand it when people bash the prequels, I understand that you may not like them and you are entitled to that opinion but it is really agrivating when people do nothing but bash the prequels, esspecially when they have nothing to say other than "tthese movies suck," or "Lucas has lost it," or "The OT is so much better." At least back it up, don't just bash it, if you can't say anything good about the PT don't say anything at all. Every OT purist I've seen seems to have this attitude, where they think they are better than every Star Wars fan who likes or even tolerates the PT, it is annoying, cut it out.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 03:26 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2005, 04:25 PM »
[li]and the #1 thing: Retards who don't know what the **** a blinker is. They either don't use one which is really aggrivating, turn it on way too early and pass like 5 turns before they actually turn, don't reallize it is on and drive for a mile or two befroe they realize, and as dumb as this sounds I've seen it a couple times: people who use the wrong ******* blinker, I've seen people put on their left blinker to turn right, it really isn't that hard.[/li]

I agree.  That's the one thing that annoys me more than anything else when I'm driving.  I actually don't care if someone kind off cuts me off as long as they use their blinker.  Gives me a heads up and I know they weren't trying to do it on purpose.

Where it annoys me is the lack of using the blinker.  We've all been there; driving along then all of a sudden the car wants to turn right.  They gives us no notice and we almost rear end them or worst cause a chain reaction.  It hasn't happend yet so cross my fingers.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Now here's the thing. The driver is younger than I was. So is the passenger.

C3D, I'm flying. Screw this driving crap.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2005, 07:10 PM »
I've actually got more than that but I'll stop. Oh I and I also can't stand it when people bash the prequels, I understand that you may not like them and you are entitled to that opinion but it is really agrivating when people do nothing but bash the prequels, esspecially when they have nothing to say other than "tthese movies suck," or "Lucas has lost it," or "The OT is so much better." At least back it up, don't just bash it, if you can't say anything good about the PT don't say anything at all. Every OT purist I've seen seems to have this attitude, where they think they are better than every Star Wars fan who likes or even tolerates the PT, it is annoying, cut it out.

I'm hearing so much of that. Mostly from the fair-weather fans, and the people who hate any movie like Star Wars. (The same people who bitched about LOTR and Spider-Man.)

Of course, these people have no problem with buying every Clone Trooper they come across... ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 23, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Now here's the thing. The driver is younger than I was. So is the passenger.

C3D, I'm flying. Screw this driving crap.

Kevin

bunch of jerks they are. You're supposed to take responsibility when you screw up.

SilverZ

« Reply #412 on: May 25, 2005, 02:53 PM »
I'm hating Old Navy commercials now. I've always found them annoying, but they've really stepped on the gas this spring and put the lame-factor into overdrive.

Dear Old Navy,

Doing rewrites to Go-Gos and Rick James songs aren't clever. Your Paxil-popping models with zombie smiles aren't appealing, hip, or fun. It's all very lame. I'm not buying my cheap made-in-Senegal shorts and swimwear from you this spring fashion season.

Bite me,

Jared
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 02:54 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #413 on: May 25, 2005, 02:54 PM »
I'm annoyed a bit when two JD forum members use the same avatar :-\

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I'm annoyed a bit when two JD forum members use the same avatar :-\

No doubt boo, no doubt.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Bastard >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #416 on: May 25, 2005, 03:21 PM »
You guys are both idiots.  Leave my stuff alone.  That's not even a publicly available avatar, dammit!  >:(

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 25, 2005, 03:27 PM »
I didn't even realize you had this one. I thought it was an Evenflow exclusive  :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #418 on: May 25, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Neat

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #419 on: May 25, 2005, 03:34 PM »
You kids leave Matt's avatar alone!  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender