Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241386 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Things can get under my skin pretty quick when I'm in an agitatable mood.  This is some of the stuff that has irritated the hell out of me recently:

• When retail cashiers take the beautiful MOMC figure(s) that I just spent 20 minutes meticulously picking out at the pegs, and proceed to viciously CHUCK it into the bag, smashing it against the surface beneath the bag, and against other figures in the bag as well.  End of MOMC!   >:(  No others nearly as nice left on the pegs either, of course.  HATE that!

• When speed bumps are more like curbs, so that no matter how slowly you drive over them, it jars your car and your noggin like a mutha'!

• When your computer mouse goes totally wacky.  You clean the hell out of it, but it still has a mind of it's own and darts indiscriminately around your computer screen, with absolutely no control being relinquished to the user whatsover...

• Rude and inconsiderate drivers - mostly rich folks in fancy cars, cell phone users, and "soccer moms" (which is usually just a combination of the prior two groups).  I could go into pages of detail on this rant, but I'm sure you all know where I'm comin' from!

• When my friends tease me about my baggy sweater.   >:(   :P

• Screaming and crying babies in public, whose parents act like they could care less.

• Waiting in lines.  Any lines.  Stop lights too!  Having to wait for anything basically...

• Finding small lint balls in the end of my socks when I go to put them on, leftover from their recent washing/drying...

• Invading ant armies.

• Way tall people with freaky hats or funky hairdos in front of me at the movie theater.  Loud popcorn eaters too!

• When someone pisses right next to me in the men's restroom, even though there's plenty of other urinals available further away from me.

• Telemarketers.  Especially the ones that call at 8:00 in the morning when I'm still asleep, to ask if we need any new windshields on any of our cars.  Might as well throw in the rant about the TONS of e-mail spam here too!

• When Pizza Hut or Domino's puts my wife's green peppers or onions on MY side of the pizza, which should only have sausage and pepperoni on it dammit!

• Professional sports officiating screw ups - any sport.
I'm sure I'll think of plenty more later on, but that's probably a pretty good start for now...   ;D

So chime on in with the stuff that pisses you off, bugs the crap out of you, and generally drives you insane!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 02:12 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 09:01 AM »
You picked a good day to post this topic. A few happened on the way to work this morning.

1)   people who's car obviously didn't come with turn signals. Or brakes for that matter and think a stop sign is mearly a suggestion.

2)   When you have a conversation with a co worker on ideas and then in a meeting that person brings up your ideas. Now I have gotten to be a prick in that occasion and I will speak up and add that when we talked earlier you forgot to mention  I also suggested this__________. After a couple of those I usually get credit for my ideas now.

3)   Along with Matt I will also have to say kids running amuck in public. If you can't or won't control your kids leave them home. Either that or put a leash on them ;)

4)  again with the kids theme. Ever been in a grocery store and see the kids that go and play in the bulk candy or peanut bins. They pick their nose, sneeze, lick there fingers and they right back into the bin. Gross

5)  Misleading auctions, bad sellers/buyers, Ebay, paypal

6) Feeling great all week and then getting sick over the weekend.

There are so many more but I should just lighten up an dget ready to enjoy the long weekend.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 10:31 AM »
Gregg

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 10:40 AM »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 12:50 PM »
I hate merging onto interstates or other heavily trafficked roadways.  Especially around the bigger cities like Chicago.   It drives me nutty (no pun intended).  I don't necessarily have road rage I just hate the merging into heavy traffic.   I get very agitated and nervous about it each and every time even though nothing bad ever happens to me.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 01:36 PM »
Some things that I hate that I have seen when I'm working:

1.  People who change they babies in they car and decided to leave the dirty diaper in the shopping cart so that one of the courtest clerks will have to pick it up and throw it away. :P ::)

2.  People who think our parking lot is a toliet.  (But at least they use the parking lot.  A while ago one of my coworkers was telling me how a kid had to go to the bathroom and the mother pointed to one of our shelfs and told her son to go there and he went.  My coworker had to mop up the mess. ANd I work in a gocery store. ::))

3.  People who don't signal, tailgate, and don't pay attention.  (I gulity of this but try not do to it.)

4.  People who tell me to speak English  ( I was born in Azusa, Ca and do speak English but have a speech impatment which makes it sound like I have a European accent.)

and some other stuff.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 01:44 PM »
People who talk on there Cell Phone while driving & not paying attention to the traffic around them!   >:(

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 05:26 PM »
Things that can bug me...

-Kids who thrown temper tamtrums in public. Please just slap the kid to give him somehting to cry about or shut him up!

-People who use the phrase "Causing Drama"

-People who drive and do not use turn signals or stop for Stop signs.

-The overweight collector who wears the Nascar T-Shirt, smells like beer, and hogs the toy aisle where you can't see what is on the pegs due their habbit of finding the perfect carded figure. %$&#@*#($ Just grab one and get the heck out of my way! Be happy that you found the darn toy.
Not that I am saying MOMC colelctin is bad, just don't take up so much time when there are other people behind you who want the toy as well.

-People who keep getting up and down in the movie theater.

- People who wear their pants half way down their @ss. AHH THAT BUGS ME!! Pull them up DUDE!

- People who think they are better than everyone else.

- People who take advantage of others....

That is all for now. I do not want to make a book here.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 06:32 PM »
I thought of another thing that pisses me off.... my stuipid Union and Employer Vons/Safeway.  Reasons:

1.  My Union three years ago got us a new contract which gived as an extra $.50 over the three years of said contract, so I will/am making $7.40 top pay.  The same year the great state of Califorina decides to raise the min. wage to something like $6.75 so we are $.75cents abouve min. wage but when you add Union dues it goes down fast.  Anyways after the local approves the contract another group of janitors go on strike and our union goes out and supports them in they cursade to get benefits and a $3 raise over 3 years.  One funny thing which I thought of was they were better paid then us (courtesy clerks) ad so for.

2.  My employer, I just found out, doesn't pay courtesy clerks funeral leave but does for everyone else in the company I guess since I know of people getting paid when on leave for funerals.

3.  The fact that us courtesy clerks are chop liver to both of the Union and Vons.  When I was in training my trainer was telling us how the Union screwed us over (courtesy Clerks) while everyone else gets time and a half on sundays we get $.50 an hour, we where on covered for 80% of our insurance becuase we are so young, and some other stuff which I have forgotten.  

I wish I could leave and get a better job but I need to wait until I finish getting my AA.  One more year to go.

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 02:00 PM »
People who are mean to you for things out of your control, like when the pumps break at work and they pull up and start yelling at me...like I can get out fix the dang thing for them...idiots
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 03:00 PM »
I was having such a delightful day when this thread was created I honestly couldn't think of a thing to complain about. Today, however, I feel compelled to contribute:

- People who rush the elevator door. Look, buddy, I'm trying to get OUT to make room for your crowding butt to ride the lift. Give me a chance to do so, okay?!

- Touchy feely people. Whether it's the aunt who insists on squeezing your cheeks well into adulthood or the office jock who runs around slapping you on the back or poking your ribs in some weird attempt to tickle you. It's just wrong; knock it off. Never touch me again.

- Smoking litterbugs. Whether they're ******* their lit butts out the car window, dumping the entire ashtray in the parking lots, or just nonchalantly dropping a cigarette on the ground on the way into a cineplex, this is littering, plain and simple. It's bad enough I have to tolerate your toxic air and smell your foul clothes/breath/hair, but don't expect me to be thrilled dancing around the physical refuse of your self-destructive habit.

- Pissing on the floor. I work in a professional office building brimming with lawyers, doctors, and assorted corporate types. I find it hard to believe somebody clearly still can't hit the head. The puddle of piss under the far urinal in the 6th floor men's room is now a common biohazard, and totally unnecessary. Are we shooting for distance rather than accuracy now? Step closer to the toilet, watch your aim, use both hands if it'll help, and by all means clean up after yourself. You're a big boy now.

- Oh yeah, and FLUSH. I don't care what they say, one person's crap is another person's crap. Believe me, nothing that comes out of your butt will impress me so much I'll want to save it or share it with anyone I know. Take a picture if you must, but please just do me and the rest of mankind the courstesy of flushing that monster. The world will be a much better place for it.
Post sober.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 03:05 PM »
MisterPL, your last two pet peeves are classic!   ;D
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 03:07 PM »
I have a list of pet peeves on my website that I update regularly.  You can view it by clicking here... http://www.chrisrhoads.com/pet_peeves.htm.

There will be MANY more added here, but I can only write so many at one time because I get kinda irritated.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 03:36 PM »
Pissing on the floor. I work in a professional office building brimming with lawyers, doctors, and assorted corporate types. I find it hard to believe somebody clearly still can't hit the head. The puddle of piss under the far urinal in the 6th floor men's room is now a common biohazard, and totally unnecessary. Are we shooting for distance rather than accuracy now? Step closer to the toilet, watch your aim, use both hands if it'll help, and by all means clean up after yourself. You're a big boy now.

A definite problem everywhere!  But you see John, this is really a double-edged sword here:

You're either standing in the piss puddle, or you're adding to it!  If there's a puddle under the pisser, most fellas will generally try to NOT stand in the puddle.  Thus they are moving further away from the urinal, and therefore their aim and splashing effects get worse, causing said puddle to grow even larger.  Pretty soon, people are shooting their wiz 5 feet across the restroom "towards" the urinal, just because they don't want to stand in the ever-growing puddle!  A no-win situation really, that just grows worse throughout the course of the day...   :-\  That's why I usually just go outside and take a leak in the parking lot - in a nice, clean, dry area!   ;)   :-*
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 07:22 PM by JediMAC »

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 03:48 PM »
Some of these pissers are just making it easy though. For instance:

- Look, ma; NO HANDS pissing. You've seen him. One hand on the hip, the other bracing the wall, and his legs spread like there's a cop frisking him for evidence, all at a 15-degree angle. Dude, is the penis fairy doing your aiming? For crying out loud, control that thing. The nuns are long gone, you can touch it now.

And another thing...

- The heavy breather. It's a bowel movement, not a baby. The occasional grunt or groan may be involuntary, but try to keep your respiration under control. Darth Vader doesn't masturbate this loud. Losing some weight might help things flow, too. Damn. (Or should that be "dam?")
Post sober.