Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242056 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #480 on: October 4, 2005, 04:34 PM »
My major pet peeve is when I'm riding in my Mum's car and where at a stoplight, It turns green, but the douchbag in front of us keeps yakking on his cellphone about Aunt Yanya's new house.  ::)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 4, 2005, 04:45 PM »
That's when you need to be driving an old beat up half ton with a pushbar on the front to "help" them get moving.   ;)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #482 on: October 4, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Shoppers that don't clean up after themselves. >:( You people do realize we have to go around picking your **** up after you, right?

If you take something off a peg and don't buy it, put it back, not on the floor or other shelf (unless the peg is so full it truly doesn't fit -- it happens).

If you pop open a container of some sort, close it.

If you later decide you don't want something, don't toss it on the nearest shelf in a completely unrelated section. If you can't find the spot again or you're too frikkin lazy, at least ask an employee to put it back--we're paid to know where **** goes.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2005, 07:06 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 5, 2005, 09:30 AM »
My major pet peeve is when I'm riding in my Mum's car and where at a stoplight, It turns green, but the douchbag in front of us keeps yakking on his cellphone about Aunt Yanya's new house.  ::)

Well that's very specific.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 5, 2005, 10:10 AM »
This happened the other day at TRU and it drives me crazy:  When you're waiting in line at the checkout and the person in front of you unloads their buggy, pays for their stuff, grabs their bags and leaves their buggy sitting right in front of you!  It is so inconsiderate, especially when I have a buggy/stroller/kid(s) in my arms.  I usually call out after the person "Excuse me ma'am/sir, but I think you forgot something" and then I give it a little push in their direction.  It usually shames them into it ;D  Of course, I do this with a smile the whole time :D
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 12, 2005, 02:19 PM »
I have to add:  Men's pants sizes, especially for blue jeans.  I'm apparently a very odd size right now.  34 waists are a bit too snug for my liking, but 36's will fall RIGHT OFF of me if I wear them and walk around at all.  And guess what?  Most designers/styles/stores/etc. don't carry or make size 35 waists.  ********!   >:(  Fortunately, the Mrs. finally found me a couple pairs in that size in another style and at a different store.  Annoying as **** trying on a hundred pair of pants that didn't fit though...

I could go for some 31 lengths too, but no.  Even ******* numbers only...   ::)

So did you graduate to that 36 yet?

;D
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #486 on: October 12, 2005, 11:55 PM »
I don't get mad easy, but off the top of my head a thing that does annoy me is trolls wasting people's time.  >:(
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #487 on: October 13, 2005, 12:22 AM »

I have to add:  Men's pants sizes, especially for blue jeans.  I'm apparently a very odd size right now.  34 waists are a bit too snug for my liking, but 36's will fall RIGHT OFF of me if I wear them and walk around at all.  And guess what?  Most designers/styles/stores/etc. don't carry or make size 35 waists.  ********!   >:(  Fortunately, the Mrs. finally found me a couple pairs in that size in another style and at a different store.  Annoying as **** trying on a hundred pair of pants that didn't fit though...

I could go for some 31 lengths too, but no.  Even ******* numbers only...   ::)

I have the same ******* problem but it isn't just with pants.

I am between a 38-40. 40 is a bit too big, 38 fits around the waist but because I have thick legs 38s don't fit. And 40s always fall down but they are a bitt better on the legs. I can never find jeans long enough either, whenever I sit down I have an inch or two of ankle showing.

And I'm mot any better up top. I have a snowboarding jacket that fits nice around the torso but when I extend my arms, the sleeves are about 3 or 4 inches short. >:( I have to get any longsleeve dress shirts custom tailored.Your wingspan and height are supposed to be the same, I'm 6'4" with a 6'8" wingspan.

No stores ever have my damn shoe size either. Why can't more peole wear size 15? ::) :P
"This is the way."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 13, 2005, 07:49 AM »
Its not my problem -- its my husband's.  32's are too small and 34's are too big.  Try finding jeans in 33W 36L -- not fun!  And he wears a size 13/14 shoe - narrow -- can't ever find anything that fits his skinny-assed feet. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 05:59 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 13, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Try finding jeans in 33W 36L -- not fun! 

I thought I was the only one on the planet looking for that size. 33W is perfect for me, but everytime I find one, it's a 32L or shorter...and I just don't look good in capris!  :P

And my wife still wonders why I hang on to all my raggy old jeans. Because they fit!

I still tell her the story of when I broke my hip. The hospital staff was going to cut off my jeans, but I pleaded with them to just help me get them off without cutting. It took about 15-20 minutes of pain, but I still have those jeans!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #490 on: October 18, 2005, 01:53 AM »
It's a total bitch for me to find jeans. My size is 38 waist 32 leg (short and fat).

It's easy to find 38/34 and 38/30, but forget anything in between.

Another thing that pisses me off is variance in jean sizes. I was buying another pair this weekend, and I had to buy a size 40 waist because the 38 was too confining. Yet my 38 Eddie Bauers fit perfectly, so it's not like I got even fatter recently. I guess since they were that cheap JC Penney's brand (Arizona or something like that) it's to be expected.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 20, 2005, 04:54 PM »
I'm going to prison.

Not quite yet, but someday, perhaps not in the too distant future.  I haven't quite selected the crime yet either, I believe it will come from the following list:

vandalism - Used to be they just had no stopping signs up outside of the front of stores but ****wads abused that and parked there saying there's no sign saying they can't park there ::)  So now there's both signs, no stopping, no parking.  Still the piano-tied-to-my-ass crowd sits there, in the middle of a weekend day on the premise that they'll only be a minute.  Nuh-uh folks, doesn't work that way.  So I figure I'm about to start taking a large, sharp metal bar and proceed to "key" any ****tard that sits in his car under the premise of it'll only be a minute and I'm too ******* lazy/important to park my car.

assault - you know when oblivious morons stop in the middle of the aisle or at the junction of numerous aisles with precisely zero consideration for anyone else?  Yeah, well, I'm not as big as I used to be, but for about 90% of the people if I drop a shoulder into them they're going to be going ass over teakettle into the soup display.  At what point did it become ok to be absolutely inconsiderate of others?  Same deal in the mall, at what point did it become my responsibility to get out of the way of a group of three walking abreast of each other?  No more folks, be prepared to land on your ass.

assault with a weapon - This is primarily for dumbass drivers out there.  Don't signal when you're already in the turning lane if you didn't prior to entering it, we've already figured it out.  Don't get part way into the turning lane and stay partly in the main lane slowing down traffic.  Don't go slowly through the light when there's 15 other cars behind you.  We're not retired yet *******.  Don't cut me off and give me the finger.  If you do, I'll get out at the next stop light, walk up to your car and shoot your ass.  Dead. 

vehicular manslaughter - sure, pedestrians have the right of way, in cross walks, at intersections.  They don't have the arbitrary right to walk out into the roadway at any point and fire a dirty look at oncoming traffic.  I'm sorry you can't afford a vehicle, get the **** out of my way.  And what is up with crossing roads diagonally?  Take your sweet ******* time and you're likely to find my bumper residing in your small colon, ok? 

vandalism II - I admit it, the parking spaces are small.  But what makes you so almighty ******* important that you don't need to a) park straight b) park in a single space rather than going two feet over the line delineating the space in front of you c) put the middle of the line in the center of your car?  No, you aren't that important.  No, your car isn't that nice.  No, you're not allowed to be that lazy. 

Whatever happened to consideration for others?  Why'd most people just throw it away.  You have to work for what you get, nobody deserves anything.    >:(  *******.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #492 on: October 20, 2005, 05:00 PM »
Need a cellmate Brent? ;)

assault - you know when oblivious morons stop in the middle of the aisle or at the junction of numerous aisles with precisely zero consideration for anyone else? Yeah, well, I'm not as big as I used to be, but for about 90% of the people if I drop a shoulder into them they're going to be going ass over teakettle into the soup display. At what point did it become ok to be absolutely inconsiderate of others? Same deal in the mall, at what point did it become my responsibility to get out of the way of a group of three walking abreast of each other? No more folks, be prepared to land on your ass.

I'm bigger than about 99.5% of people out there.
"This is the way."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 20, 2005, 05:54 PM »
Well,  I'll be your cell mate Brent as I was just coming in here to post the very same thing about the asswipe that cut me off and then gave ME the finger.  Hello???  Dickhead???  I was in the passing lane, coming up on traffic in my lane when you decided you weren't going to turn and just pulled back over in to my lane.  There was NO cars behind me but you couldn't wait??  Your blinker was still going left but I guess your deaf as well as blind and couldn't hear that constant blink-blink noise.  Idiot....

As for the people that leave their cart in the middle isle, I just push it out of my way and keep right on walking.  The killer for me is backpacks.  Yes, kid...I see your backpack and I am sure it is heavy but trying to sling it from one shoulder to the other isn't helping me out much as I stand behind you in line.  I'd like to eat the food I want to order not have reconstructive jaw surgery because you can't just leave the pack hanging down at your side.  If you unloaded the two cans of pop, the several cd's and the rolled up jacket....maybe it wouldn't be so bad!!  Nitwit......

Beth

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #494 on: October 20, 2005, 07:51 PM »
vandalism II - I admit it, the parking spaces are small. But what makes you so almighty ******* important that you don't need to a) park straight b) park in a single space rather than going two feet over the line delineating the space in front of you c) put the middle of the line in the center of your car? No, you aren't that important. No, your car isn't that nice. No, you're not allowed to be that lazy.

Hear hear!

Not to beat a favorite dead horse of mine, but I notice that's mainly people in big ******* pickups and SUVs (well, or sports cars). In my experience, people in SUVs generally have terrible driving and parking habits. Maybe it's not cause-and-effect, but rather arises from the same ego complex that led to them getting an eight-ton tankmobile in the first place. ::)

And let me add: People that leave their goddang carts in the middle of the parking lot. If there are "corrals", put it in there. If not, take it back inside where you found it. Under NO circumstances should you leave them out where they can make friends with the doorpanels on all the cars nearby. >:(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 11:14 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)