Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242062 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #495 on: October 20, 2005, 08:48 PM »
And let me add: People that leave their goddang ******* carts in the middle of the ******* parking lot. If there are "corrals", put it in there. If not, take it back inside where you found it. Under NO circumstances should you leave them out where they can make friends with the doorpanels on all the cars nearby. ******* lazy ****heads. >:(
I like to bitch about this stuff as much as the next person -- but I must say that there ARE times when I will leave the cart in the parking lot.  When I have my baby with me, I put her in the carseat first (I'm not going to leave her in the cart in the parking lot while I load groceries for someone to snatch or run into with their car. )  When I am done I try to put the cart in the best place I can find nearby.  I'm not going to leave my little ones in the car (especially when its 95 degrees out or when I know my 4 year old can get out of his seat and open the doors) while I take the cart back inside.  I try to  always park next to the cart corrals so I can avoid this problem -- but that doesn't always work.  When I'm without the kids I try and make up for it by taking my cart and any others I see back to the corral.  I try to always be considerate of others, but this is one of those times I gotta look out for my kids first.  Hope you can take that into consideration. :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #496 on: October 20, 2005, 08:52 PM »
When I was taking care of my newborn baby, I depended on those carts left in the middle of the lot.  I'd pull up next to one, and put my baby and carrier right in.  If the carts were only in the store, I'd have to shlep across the lot with the carrier, and the baby would alwys wake up.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #497 on: October 20, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Oh right ... kids ... that's something I hadn't thought of (since I don't personally have to deal with it). :-[ Sorry.

Point taken I guess, but there's still no excuse for those childless people who're just plain inconsiderate and won't walk ten feet to the corral....

P.S. ... I felt bad enough that I went back and edited out some of the profanity... :-\
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 11:16 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #498 on: October 20, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Same here... If he is with me and the corral is more than two cars away, I'm leaving it- as carefully as possible, however. 
Last year there was a woman who actually had her baby stolen (I don't remember if it was with the car as well) while she put the cart away.  The heat/cold is enough for me, but with that, it just makes it worse. 

Annoyances.  Okay, I have one of those.  I just went through all my eobs last night for the cancer center to verify how much I was being billed.  They short-credited me for $100 that I paid in June and it's not showing.  I used to just pay whatever they said I owed, figuring they billed correctly... now I know better... and this isn't the first time.  My doctor's office does the same thing all the time- found an error with them yesterday for $75... so called and they corrected the system... $175 that I wouldn't have had if I didn't check...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 21, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Oh right ... kids ... that's something I hadn't thought of (since I don't personally have to deal with it). :-[ Sorry.

Point taken I guess, but there's still no excuse for those childless people who're just plain inconsiderate and won't walk ten feet to the corral....

P.S. ... I felt bad enough that I went back and edited out some of the profanity... :-\
No problem VK -- didn't post it to make you feel bad -- only to enlighten people :)  You're right though -- it does piss me off when I see people with no kids and no apparent disability or hinderance just leave their buggy where it is out of sheer laziness >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 21, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Same here... If he is with me and the corral is more than two cars away, I'm leaving it- as carefully as possible, however. 
Last year there was a woman who actually had her baby stolen (I don't remember if it was with the car as well) while she put the cart away.  The heat/cold is enough for me, but with that, it just makes it worse. 

Yeah Shannon, I remember that.  It happened in 2002 -- I can't believe its been 3 years.   The mother was taking the cart back to the corral at a Walmart in Abilene, TX when someone took her 1 month old out of his carseat.  Quick as that.  I decided then and there that the cart was staying where it was when the kids were with me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 03:59 PM by tamidala »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #501 on: October 21, 2005, 01:19 PM »

Yeah Shannon, I remember that.  It happened in 2002 -- I can't beleive its been 3 years.   The mother was taking the cart back to the corral at a Walmart in Abilene, TX when someone took her 1 month old out of his carseat.  Quick as that.  I decided then and there that the cart was staying where it was when the kids were with me.

I used to be a "cart-boy" (hangs head in shame), and I can tell you, it sucks going after those carts people leave all over. I don't mind the ones that if it is cold out, and there isn't a corral near, or you have kids or something. The ones I don't like are the one people are too lazy to put away, like the ones where a corral is five feet away and the jerk can't make the effort to put it away. Or the ones people just shove out to the far off edges of the parking lot, so when its raining or snowing you have to make a 5 minute walk to get this jackass's cart.

It is fun pushing the carts with your car though. We used to get them set up in front of my friends car then gun it, then brake all of a sudden so the carts went flying through the lot at 60 mph   ;D
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 21, 2005, 02:16 PM »
It is fun pushing the carts with your car though. We used to get them
set up in front of my friends car then gun it, then brake all of a sudden so the carts went flying through the lot at 60 mph   ;D
Now THAT I'd like to see -- it bet its hysterical ;D

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #503 on: October 21, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Yeah, sounds like fun! ;D

No problem VK -- didn't post it to make you feel bad -- only to enlighten people :)

No worries ... I did go a little overboard. It's just that inconsiderate people get me so frustrated....

Yeah Shannon, I remember that. It happened in 2002 -- I can't beleive its been 3 years. The mother was taking the cart back to the corral at a Walmart in Abilene, TX when someone took her 1 month old out of his carseat. Quick as that.

That's horrible.  :( >:(

...On a lighter note ... at the store where I work, our carts aren't really intended to be taken outside, as there aren't corrals anywhere in the lot. Well one night we get a call from the Target across the street--apparently one of our carts had been in their lot for some time (several days I think). Somehow it had "migrated" all the way across our lot and across a four-lane road to an entirely different shopping complex. ::) There's no way that could have been common carelessness--it had to be premeditated. I'm guessing one of our shoppers left it in the lot and some teenage miscreants thought it would be fun to take it for a spin.

So I had to go all the way over there and pilot the damned thing back. That part wasn't what made me mad (hey, I welcomed the opportunity to get out of the store for a brief "scenic walk" ;)) but the whole thing was just asinine. Should never have had to happen. ::)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 03:31 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #504 on: October 26, 2005, 04:04 PM »
I once had some "shopping cart fun" when I was a teenage miscreant, way back when, along with a teenage miscreant friend of mine.  I hopped in a basket outside a TRU and he pushed me all the way to a neighboring mall, maybe--I don't know--half a mile away.  We parked the cart in a parking spot and headed inside the mall.  Good times.

And to keep with the theme, I hit a Target last night and noticed two stray carts, so I gathered them up and dumped them in the corral on my way in.

On my way out, I noticed two more carts, one in the exact same spot I had seen one of the first one. 

Didn't bother corraling those up, though. 

But I didn't get angry, because I'm sure that all of them were left by Mother and Baby.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #505 on: October 26, 2005, 04:24 PM »
It is fun pushing the carts with your car though. We used to get them
set up in front of my friends car then gun it, then brake all of a sudden so the carts went flying through the lot at 60 mph   ;D
Now THAT I'd like to see -- it bet its hysterical ;D

It was fun...until our boss came running outside screaming and called the cops. We quit the next week.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 29, 2005, 09:09 PM »
I happened upon this at the grocery store yesterday and it reminded me how much it pissed me off.  When people change their baby's diaper and then throw it in the parking lot. >:(  That is purely nasty.  It was right next to my van and the kid who was getting the carts came out about the time I was putting the baby in -- I felt compelled to let him know it wasn't me -- I was embarassed to even be associated with that. :-[  Come prepared -- we always stock the diaper bag with grocery store bags to stow it in until we get home.  If its a smelly one I'll even suck it up and take it home in a bag as opposed to even putting in a restroom trash can for other's to suffer.  I pity the poor person who has to pick THAT up.   :(

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 29, 2005, 10:34 PM »
I hate those grocery store shopping carts that are made to resemble a stock car or truck for the damn kiddies.  >:(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #508 on: October 29, 2005, 10:36 PM »
I hate those grocery store shopping carts that are made to resemble a stock car or truck for the damn kiddies.  >:(

Why? It keeps them quiet.
"This is the way."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 30, 2005, 01:27 AM »

Are you kidding me - best damn invention ever!  If the kids are enjoying themselves in the cart, that means they're not running around, pulling stuff off shelves and screaming.

I just wish they made 'em big enough for me to ride in.   :P