Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242996 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #510 on: October 30, 2005, 01:36 AM »
I just wish they made 'em big enough for me to ride in.   :P

;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #511 on: October 30, 2005, 03:25 AM »
I'm actually with Hunter on this...  But because the people pushing the carts push them about as well as they drive their SUV's and mini-vans.  It seems anything above standard size isn't something they're capable of handling...  I'm not specifying gender, but you could likely see where I'm heading. :)

BTW what the hell happened to smacking your kid when he's running around screaming?  Dammit bring back corporal punishment, NOW.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 30, 2005, 07:34 AM »
I'm actually with Hunter on this...  But because the people pushing the carts push them about as well as they drive their SUV's and mini-vans.  It seems anything above standard size isn't something they're capable of handling...  I'm not specifying gender, but you could likely see where I'm heading. :)

That's because they have about as much maneuverability as a block of concrete on four marbles.............. :P
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #513 on: October 30, 2005, 11:19 PM »
I happened upon this at the grocery store yesterday and it reminded me how much it pissed me off.  When people change their baby's diaper and then throw it in the parking lot. >:(  That is purely nasty.  It was right next to my van and the kid who was getting the carts came out about the time I was putting the baby in -- I felt compelled to let him know it wasn't me -- I was embarassed to even be associated with that. :-[  Come prepared -- we always stock the diaper bag with grocery store bags to stow it in until we get home.  If its a smelly one I'll even suck it up and take it home in a bag as opposed to even putting in a restroom trash can for other's to suffer.  I pity the poor person who has to pick THAT up.   :(

Thats a whole new pet peeve in itself! You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I had to pick up while working at Meijer. Off the top of my head, I remember once finding a little toddler sipee cup - full of cheap vodka.

Another time, this redneck, for some insane reason, had over 300 bags of hot dog buns and loaves of bread in the back of his pick up truck, rotting away, and decided the parking lot is a great place to just unload it all.

One of the worst ones was when I had to clean of a pile of turds in front of the check out lanes. God only knows how it got there.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #514 on: October 31, 2005, 12:30 AM »
That is true Tamidala...  When a normal sized cart is about as maneuverable as a sopping wet sponge, a cart twice as big and heavy probably isn't much better.

Which brings me to my hatred of the carts at our grocery stores...  They all have sticky wheels, the handles are always sitcky from unclean people and their unclean kids, and they all pull to one side or the other.  No fluid movement.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 2, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Teenagers taking a dump in the middle of a Filth*Mart Wal*Mart SW aisle.

It's a long story.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 2, 2005, 07:18 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 2, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Actually not much of a long story, but what the hell.

About a week ago me and my mum went to Wal*Mart. I wasn't going to waste a perfectly good store run so I made a beeline to the SW aisle. I'm checking out the usual Wal*Mart pegwarmers (Mothma, Bail, Tarfull,) when a 16-17 year old kid walked in. He pulled down his pants, squatted down, and took a dump. Right. In. The. Store. Needless to say, I qiuckly walked away to my mum. I don't know why he did it, it could have been part of a prank or dare, or he could haven been mentally handicapped, but I still don't know why to this day.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 2, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Actually not much of a long story, but what the hell.

About a week ago me and my mum went to Wal*Mart. I wasn't going to waste a perfectly good store run so I made a beeline to the SW aisle. I'm checking out the usual Wal*Mart pegwarmers (Mothma, Bail, Tarfull,) when a 16-17 year old kid walked in. He pulled down his pants, squatted down, and took a dump. Right. In. The. Store. Needless to say, I qiuckly walked away to my mum. I don't know why he did it, it could have been part of a prank or dare, or he could haven been mentally handicapped, but I still don't know why to this day.

You should have asked him his name.
I bet his name was greenday or kilo or bling or rickjames or charliemurphy.   ::)

IDIOTS....I week for the future.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #519 on: November 3, 2005, 02:12 AM »
Ticket scalpers.

I just want a pair of decent tickets to U2's Dec. 14th show. Is it too much to ask?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 3, 2005, 08:35 AM »

Which brings me to my hatred of the carts at our grocery stores...  They all . . .they all pull to one side or the other.  No fluid movement.

Yes.  This is the world's greatest need:  German engineered shopping carts.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 3, 2005, 08:42 AM »
Off the top of my head, I remember once finding a little toddler sipee cup - full of cheap vodka.

Why would you open the lid on a found sippy cup??  Had a hankering for some Juicy Juice?

One of the worst ones was when I had to clean of a pile of turds in front of the check out lanes. God only knows how it got there.

True.  They belonged on the Turd aisle with the rest of the Force Battlers.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #522 on: November 3, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Off the top of my head, I remember once finding a little toddler sipee cup - full of cheap vodka.

Why would you open the lid on a found sippy cup??  Had a hankering for some Juicy Juice?

My friend and I found it when we were taking carts in. So my friend takes it and throws it in the air, and when it crashes down I smell that familiar smell, and I pick it up (there was still a lot in there suprisingly) and it was cheap vodka.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 3, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Excuses.  I get so tired of people who have an excuse for everything they do or don't do.  What's even worse are other people I work with who don't come prepared and they have excuses out their butts about why they couldn't get something finished, or taken care of or prepared, or on and on and on. 

I tell my kids "Excuses are monuments of nothingness."  I have that on a sign in my classroom and when I get some BS excuse, I point to the sign.  They usually don't give me any.

I understand that things happen from time to time, just don't keep giving me one, explain that you messed up, apologize, and fix the situation.  That's what I do.

I also get irritated with people's lack of common sense.  Ie. the evening news story:  A study released by so and so university today indicated that pregnant women have a tendancy to gain weight during pregnancy.

Duh!!!!!  Is the baby not supposed to weigh anything????
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 4, 2005, 10:11 AM »
Looking for a place to vent, I guess this is as good as any.

I abhor the rising cost of Health insurance. We have a fairly good plan, but it's going to increase just shy of $60 per month for the year. WTF. I remember being on a different plan a few years back the monthly cost nearly doubling in 3 years. It's an out rage. Couple with the pitiful raise given out this year, our monthly income has decreased now with the increased heath care. Bad omen.

Now there are ramblings of mortgage interest being no longer eligible for deduction.   >:( That's going to hurt.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2005, 06:27 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."