Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243243 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #540 on: November 8, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Text messaging: the downfall of modern society. :P
IM's too.  When I'm online I don't want to interrupted by someone who demands that I have a conversation with them NOW >:(  I prefer e-mail -- so that I may get back to you when it is convenient for me :P
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 8, 2005, 08:27 PM »
When someone feels the need to forward a message to me via email....please take out the "fw.s"   Example:

Memo:  fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:picture of donkey

I do not need to know that this message has been forwarded eight times.

Also, I do not need to see the hundred email addresses before I get to the message, joke, picture or whatever the hell is being sent to me.  All I ask is that the sender do a 10 second clean-up.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 8, 2005, 08:30 PM »
I don't know if the people who use this horrible grammar are doing so out of sheer laziness, or if they're just uneducated, but either way, it makes them look like morons.

I like that....uneducated moron....thanks Bill. :)
Beth

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #543 on: November 8, 2005, 08:47 PM »
When someone feels the need to forward a message to me via email....please take out the "fw.s"   Example:

Memo:  fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:fw:picture of donkey

I do not need to know that this message has been forwarded eight times.

Also, I do not need to see the hundred email addresses before I get to the message, joke, picture or whatever the hell is being sent to me.  All I ask is that the sender do a 10 second clean-up.

In the same vein, I HATE chain letters. I've been bombarded the last couple of days with about a hundred of them. I keep getting the same inane one where, supposedly, for every person you send this email to, Bill Gates will give you $242.00. Microsoft will then call you in two weeks to get your address. The "writer" got $245,000, but its real because despite the numerous typos, the writer is an attorney.

::)

I don't know whats worse: the fact someone wasted time in their life writing this, or the fact that some fools actually believe it.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 8, 2005, 09:17 PM »
Along the same lines..........I hate those vague e-mails that warn about someone who drank a soda out of a can and then died from the rat piss that was on it or some other such nonsense.  Don't send me that crap -- its obvious its BS.  If there's no specific information in the story, i.e., city, dates, names, hospitals, etc. then you know its an urban legend and don't waste my time.   If I get something like that I can't let it be -- I have to look it up on Snopes.com and then send a link back to the person who sent it to me asking them to stop the madness! :P
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #545 on: November 9, 2005, 01:05 PM »
I like that....uneducated moron....thanks Bill. :)

Maybe it's the cynic in me, or maybe it's the paranoia that comes with a severe case of sleep deprivation, but was this supposed to be some sort of backhanded compliment?

Fine if it was, I was just wondering.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 9, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Yes, it is a compliment.  I liked the line and stole it for my own use.  It's my new thing to say when someone pisses me off. 
Beth

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #547 on: November 9, 2005, 11:29 PM »
Along the same lines..........I hate those vague e-mails that warn about someone who drank a soda out of a can and then died from the rat piss that was on it or some other such nonsense. Don't send me that crap -- its obvious its BS. If there's no specific information in the story, i.e., city, dates, names, hospitals, etc. then you know its an urban legend and don't waste my time. If I get something like that I can't let it be -- I have to look it up on Snopes.com and then send a link back to the person who sent it to me asking them to stop the madness! :P

Nobody ever sends me those. I guess nobody cares about me enough to bother. :'(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #548 on: November 10, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Heehee ... thanks to whoever sent me that ;) (was that you Tracy?). I now feel loved.... :P
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 10, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Awwwwww...........I didn't want you to feel unloved  :'( -- glad you enjoyed it ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 14, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Do you work with anyone that has the responsibility level of a child?  I do, several of them in fact. 

They are all happy-go-lucky idiots that think the world is just a rosy old place.  They collect a paycheck, do minimal work, always tell people to relax, it's not a big deal?  Got any of those? 

Well, I have a theory.  You know when office workers go psycho and start shooting people?  My theory is that those people were relatively mentally stable at the beginning, but over time, the happy idiots wore on them.  The HI's got away with murder and often impacted the normal employee, usually telling them no big deal; it's not worth worrying about; why stress over it.  One day, the normal employee just has enough of it and BOOM!  All of a sudden you get multiple casualties. 

Y'see, I work with a moron like that, actually more than one.  And someday soon, they won't be working here anymore.   >:( >:( >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 14, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Sounds like someone's having a rough day at work.

Relax, it's not a big deal.  :P

But seriously, I understand.  I worked with a pharmacy technician with the intelligence of a snail.  Her friend was one of the pharmacy cashiers, and during one evening shift I caught the tech and cashier looking at patient profiles for fun.  For ****'s sake!  One of the first things they drill into you in school is patient confidentiality!  It's one thing if an employee's stupidity is going to get herself fired, but putting my job at risk too?  **** that.  I normally have a very long fuse, but I went off on her that night.  She wasn't around much longer before my boss finally realized the ****-for-brains she really was.   >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 14, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Do you work with anyone that has the responsibility level of a child?  I do, several of them in fact. 

They are all happy-go-lucky idiots that think the world is just a rosy old place.  They collect a paycheck, do minimal work, always tell people to relax, it's not a big deal?  Got any of those? 

Well, I have a theory.  You know when office workers go psycho and start shooting people?  My theory is that those people were relatively mentally stable at the beginning, but over time, the happy idiots wore on them.  The HI's got away with murder and often impacted the normal employee, usually telling them no big deal; it's not worth worrying about; why stress over it.  One day, the normal employee just has enough of it and BOOM!  All of a sudden you get multiple casualties. 

Y'see, I work with a moron like that, actually more than one.  And someday soon, they won't be working here anymore.   >:( >:( >:(

Uh oh. Sounds like someones got a case of the Mondays.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 14, 2005, 01:52 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 14, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Sounds like someone's having a rough day at work.

Relax, it's not a big deal.  :P

But seriously, I understand.  I worked with a pharmacy technician with the intelligence of a snail.  Her friend was one of the pharmacy cashiers, and during one evening shift I caught the tech and cashier looking at patient profiles for fun.  For ****'s sake!  One of the first things they drill into you in school is patient confidentiality!  It's one thing if an employee's stupidity is going to get herself fired, but putting my job at risk too?  **** that.  I normally have a very long fuse, but I went off on her that night.  She wasn't around much longer before my boss finally realized the ****-for-brains she really was.   >:(

Part of the reason I'm not a fan of small towns.  Everyone knows everyone else's business.  Why, there's so ******* little to do, snooping in files is completely acceptable to some.  I've no doubt the juicy tidbits are flowing through the coffee shops at this moment.  Full kudos to you Jesse for taking a piece out of her.  The joy of not working in government where apathy seems to be rewarded as much as anything else. 

Mondays?  Nah, I hate every day equally.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.