Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243192 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #555 on: November 14, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Idiots on the Interstate.  I have to drive it 4x/day and it never ceases to amaze me how moronic people get at 75mph.  When there are two lanes of traffic and both are going the same speed because someone in the left land is farting around (a whole other peeve) there's always one ******* who has to speed up on the traffic and then dodge and weave and ride everone's ass.  I used to get into pissing contests with them.  Now I play dumb and act like I don't see them when I ever so slightly speed up or slow down to made sure that they get blocked in behind the slow car ;D
Guys on those motorcycles that you have to bend way over on (sorry -- don't know the name of them) and truckers seem to be the worst offenders.   They are the two groups that seem to piss and moan the most about not getting any respect from drivers.  Gotta give it to earn it.
Saw some asswipe pull a pass in the grass at 70mph on I-85 the other day -- unbelievable >:(

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....much better :D
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 14, 2005, 07:23 PM »

Guys on those motorcycles that you have to bend way over on (sorry -- don't know the name of them)

Crotch Rockets - the bike itself turns normally intelligent individuals into 100mph lunatics that pass on the shoulder and in between two side-by-side vehicles. The worse drivers of any on-road vehicle, IMHO.
Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #557 on: November 14, 2005, 10:34 PM »
The fatality rate for first-year crotch rocket drivers is 25%. Not surprising considering the way most of them drive.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #558 on: November 15, 2005, 12:20 AM »
The fatality rate for first-year crotch rocket drivers is 25%. Not surprising considering the way most of them drive.

I think its sort of funny they hardly ever wear helmets because they don't want to look uncool, but they always wear sunglasses.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #559 on: November 30, 2005, 01:57 PM »
People that slam staplers. For crying out loud, you can just press firmly down on it and accomplish the same result far more quietly--you don't have to beat the thing into submission. Take out your pent-up frustration someplace else.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 01:58 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 30, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Kay, is the Christmas fluffiness done with?  Good. 

1.  People that play music on their work computer in the next office/cubicle with no consideration for others.  Even if I happen to like your taste in music I don't really want to hear your music coming through the wall.  Honestly people, whatever happened to consideration for others?  It's pretty ******* dead, yes?

2.  People that take infants to the movies.  Yep, a crying baby at Chronicles of Narnia at 8:00 at night.  Hey, I'm a parent.  I get that kids don't necessarily sleep when you want them to.  Still, what kind of ******* tool takes an infant that's bound to soil themselves/be hungry/be cranky to a movie theater?  Again, thanks for the consideration.  I suppose if there's a bright note to the whole thing it's that Betty-Lou talking to Bobby-Sue and Johnny's pecker really seemed quite interesting since I couldn't hear the ******* movie anyway ::) 

3.  Shopping carts.  After thinking and ruminating on the subject for a while I don't care what the excuse is - if you're leaving a cart hanging out in the middle of a parking lot you're just being lazy, nothing more.  Worried about your kid being stolen?  Here's a suggestion: take the cart to the car, unload the bags into the car whilst leaving the kid in the cart.  Close the car, take the cart with the child to the corral and then carry/have the kid walk back to the car.  It's just plain lazy and inconsiderate to leave a cart blocking a parking space or rolling through the lot into someone else's car.  There is no piano tied to your ass so don't behave like there's one.  I'm not singling out anyone here but trust me, I thought long and hard about the justifications for doing this and they are, months later, still lame in my ever not so humble ******* opinion.  Take issue if you will, note the subnic before doing so. 

4.  Walmart.  WHy?  Oh no real new reason, it just needed to be said.  If only for the mentality it seems to support. 

Happy ******* new year to all the inconsiderate jackasses out there that raise my blood pressure :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 30, 2005, 04:05 PM »
3.  Shopping carts.  After thinking and ruminating on the subject for a while I don't care what the excuse is - if you're leaving a cart hanging out in the middle of a parking lot you're just being lazy, nothing more.  Worried about your kid being stolen?  Here's a suggestion: take the cart to the car, unload the bags into the car whilst leaving the kid in the cart.  Close the car, take the cart with the child to the corral and then carry/have the kid walk back to the car.  It's just plain lazy and inconsiderate to leave a cart blocking a parking space or rolling through the lot into someone else's car.  There is no piano tied to your ass so don't behave like there's one.  I'm not singling out anyone here but trust me, I thought long and hard about the justifications for doing this and they are, months later, still lame in my ever not so humble ******* opinion.  Take issue if you will, note the subnic before doing so. 

I still stand by my reasoning for leaving a cart sometimes.  If I can get the cart in between the cars and weather permitting I will leave the baby in it while I unload so I can take it back with her in it.  But I still refuse to leave the cart sticking out with her sitting in it so some dumbass at Walmart can run into her or snag her.  It's happened here more than once and I don't plan on making my kids a statistic.  If I have to deal with morons who park so close to me that I can't get the kids in and out of their carseats without crawling through the front then they can deal with an occasional shopping cart.  While I don't like incosiderate people, contentious pricks who won't cut somebody any slack are becomming a pet peeve of mine.  :-* :-*

Happy New Year -- I hope it is as shopping cart free as possible :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:10 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #562 on: December 30, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Kay, is the Christmas fluffiness done with?  Good. 

1.  People that play music on their work computer in the next office/cubicle with no consideration for others.  Even if I happen to like your taste in music I don't really want to hear your music coming through the wall.  Honestly people, whatever happened to consideration for others?  It's pretty ******* dead, yes?

2.  People that take infants to the movies.  Yep, a crying baby at Chronicles of Narnia at 8:00 at night.  Hey, I'm a parent.  I get that kids don't necessarily sleep when you want them to.  Still, what kind of ******* tool takes an infant that's bound to soil themselves/be hungry/be cranky to a movie theater?  Again, thanks for the consideration.  I suppose if there's a bright note to the whole thing it's that Betty-Lou talking to Bobby-Sue and Johnny's pecker really seemed quite interesting since I couldn't hear the ******* movie anyway ::) 

1. In the same vein, the douche bags in my dorm who chose to yell at the top of their lungs at 3:00 am and blast repetitive techno. I don't mind people having fun (I mean its college afterall) but at 3:00 am on a weekday or during finals week, that just being a jackass. I don't mind techno either, but when you are trying to get to sleep because you have a class in 5 hours and the same beat just keeps going through your skull, it gets old real quick.

2. I agree. I once went to a movie a few years ago where this dad just let his kid quickly rock back and forth in his seat the ENTIRE movie, even though it made a loud creaking sound. The dumbass dad also thought it was a good idea to let the kid bring a little electronic ray gun thing with him, so when the kid pulled the trigger every 10 seconds it would make this loud noise.

(end of rant)
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 30, 2005, 04:42 PM »
More ranting......

1.  In the same vein -- the jackasses next door who think its fun to bring a bunch of buds over at 1:00am, party in the garage/driveway until around 5:00am and repeatedly fire up the various Harley's and rev them over and over and then shut them down only to repeat it again in 30 minutes.  WTF?  No offense to anyone, but this isn't a trailer park, its an upscale neighborhood.  Hello??

2.  I'm with you.  Why in the world would you bring a baby to the movies??  Its not fair to the other people there and its not fair to the baby.  You can't expect the child to sit quietly through a movie.  The only time a kid small enough to give anyone a hard time should be in a movie theater is during a matinee or very early evening showing of a kid's movie. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #564 on: December 30, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Things I hate-

Neighbors that complain that they can hear music downstairs. The stereo was on its lowest setting, and they still bitch about it.
Then they turn around the next day and blast their Christian rock nonsense.

My local comic store just got ML11 in. I wanted to buy Hulk Buster, but it was priced at $21.99.

Cheap siblings. They totally hosed me on Christmas when it came time to buy our mother something. They didn't get anything, and I was scrambling to find a few more gifts last Friday after work. The bastards.

The price of comics. I just paid $4.50 for GI Joe: America's Elite #6. Granted, it has a few more pages than an average comic book.
Speaking of the new Joe book, they have killed entirely too many Joes. I seriously considered not reading this new book after they killed Lady Jaye in the final issues of the last book. Whatever happened to character development?

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 1, 2006, 01:36 AM »
Okay, thanks to the dry weather here, and fires in Oklahoma, we're currently under a burn ban. So what do people do here for New Years? Set off fireworks of course!

::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 1, 2006, 02:05 PM »
1) People without kids who call their pets their kids.  Sure, you try to convince me that an animal that you fill a bowl with food once a day and goes outside or in a litterbox to poop is ANYTHING like sleepless nights for weeks because your daughter is teething and has a flu at the same time, you have to bathe every day, make several meals for and feed it to them, and you can't leave alone for any considerable amount of time.

2) Ooh, this is going to be a sensitive issue, but I really get bugged about couples who are obviously disproportionately good-looking to each other.  I have a theory that this current generation of teens and 20-somethings have an incredibly high ratio of great looking girls to average or not good looking guys, so they are forced to end up with one.  Hey, I'm superficial!  I know that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but men will always be more concerned about how their girl looks than the other way around.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 1, 2006, 02:25 PM »
1) People without kids who call their pets their kids.  Sure, you try to convince me that an animal that you fill a bowl with food once a day and goes outside or in a litterbox to poop is ANYTHING like sleepless nights for weeks because your daughter is teething and has a flu at the same time, you have to bathe every day, make several meals for and feed it to them, and you can't leave alone for any considerable amount of time.

2) Ooh, this is going to be a sensitive issue, but I really get bugged about couples who are obviously disproportionately good-looking to each other.  I have a theory that this current generation of teens and 20-somethings have an incredibly high ratio of great looking girls to average or not good looking guys, so they are forced to end up with one.  Hey, I'm superficial!  I know that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but men will always be more concerned about how their girl looks than the other way around.

Holy crap! I couldn't agree more, on both points.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #568 on: January 2, 2006, 12:50 AM »
i agree with u DP thos children should be spanked for pete sake my God wtf r u just goan ignor ur child until htere on pot 10 years alter i mean comon

second people who think ur wierd for buying action figures at age 15 just os u can " rip them apart" IE my Dad  ::)

third G@y @ss dumb shyts who dont even know me on my online game call me a stupid war loving american  ??? i mean wtf u dont even know me take a chill pill.

4th i was a camp counselar at my church and these people kept saying there children were 5 (minimum age is 5) but yet in reality only 3 or 4. whos' dumb enough to fall for that u have to hold ther hand and watch them every seocnd. there just looking for free babysitting. im nto gonna take that my God

5th frends who are god dang stupid and expect me to explian everything be it school or a book story plot duh pay attention and read the book.

6th Really stupid teenage drivers/street racers. in my state SLC /ryan knows about this
they have increasded the age to 18 to those born after 1991 but any way i have to wait till im 17 cause of the god Dang MOther F^ckers who have 20 crashes on 125 between fort collins and denver in 1 day i mean jeeese thanks alot >:(

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 2, 2006, 08:22 AM »
i agree with u DP thos children should be spanked for pete sake my God wtf r u just goan ignor ur child until htere on pot 10 years alter i mean comon

I'm not sure we're reading the same post... I agreed that people who called their pets kids and couples of disproportionate beauty were annoying.

I'm also on board that people who refer to me as my dog's "dad" when I have her out on a walk are annoying. Usually they're in a conversation with the dog at the time, so I have to interrupt to make the point.

While I think ignoring (actual) kids is also bad news, that wasn't what Daigo-Bah was bitching about.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2006, 08:23 AM by Deanpaul »
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life