Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243028 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #570 on: January 2, 2006, 09:45 AM »
I'd like to consider myself a handsome fellow, at least in my girlfriends eyes. I get the boy girl ratio. For the longest while I didn't get it. I'd take a trip to the mall, and all these ugly guys would have supermodel looking girlfriends (and most of them were shallow, I'll bet) and it made no sense to me at all. In a word, frustrating.

Now my girl is a ton better looking than me, and that just adds to me trying to lose weight, clear up my skin, and such, so I look good with her.

Onto my peeves:

The average Wal*Mart parent. Now I don't mean the smart ones who keep their kids in the cart, or on a kiddie leash, or actually have raised their children to respect and fear other shoppers. No, I am speaking in fact, about the ones who let their little ***** go into the toy or electronic isles, to entertain themselves while the parents shop.

I've almost been hit by a 3 or 4 year old child each time I've gone to Wal*Mart. I can't peer into the display case because a pack of 8 kids is surrounding the nintendo DS floor model fighting over who gets to play it, with no supervising adult in sight.

Raise your kid right. If I did that bull when I was a kid, I'd have had my ass handed to me on a plate. All they usually get is a "C'mon Ty, mommy is done shopping. Let's go catch the bus." God forbid you say somthing about it too the parent, too...thats a whole seperate rant.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #571 on: January 2, 2006, 03:42 PM »
oops i read a post, ( it wasnt daigobahs)(whos was it?) about children running all over.
 Then I read urs  a min. later,( oops got it all messed up
in my head happens alot ::) oops  lol

oh and famine yeah u should have been at target the other day. This kid was grabbing every starwars fig in site( grabbing quads
 of ones he'd already grabbed) and put them in the cart then his mom comes up and tells him he can have 1 and he starts screaming. Not just wining screaming
I mean wake the dead screaming, the mom did nothing, just grabed a toy out of the basket and threw the extras on the floor. 
I wanted to yell shut the f*** up little boy, and you lady get a hold of him and then don't throw those on the grounds some of them might be
 mint. Collectors might love to have a mint figure ie me :-[ >:(
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 07:34 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 2, 2006, 10:17 PM »
Smartypants, PM sent.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #573 on: January 2, 2006, 11:21 PM »
It irritates me when lazy people slaughter the english language.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 3, 2006, 12:01 AM »
oops i read a post ( wasnt daigobahs)(whos was it?) about children running all ove then read urs  a min later oops got it all messed up
in my head happens alot ::) oops  lol

oh and famine yeah u should have been at target the other day. This kid was grabbing every starwars fig in site grabbing quads
 of ones he'd
already grabbed and put in the cart then his mom comes up and tells him he can have 1 and he starts screaming, not just wining screaming
i mean wake the dead screaming the mom did nothing just grabed a toy out of the basket and threw the extras on the floor.  I wanted to
yell shut the f up little boy and u lady get a hold of him raise him right and then dotn throw those on the grounds some of them might be
 mint. collectors might love to have a mint figure ie me :-[ >:( AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   were was i oh yes AAAAAAAAAHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.   im done 8)

Who typed that, a troll?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #575 on: January 3, 2006, 07:39 PM »
OK sorry guys, I have no excuse that would hold up to any of you. All i can say in my defense was, I was in a rush. I know that is no excuse,and I am sorry for my poor typing skills.  :-[ I know one thing though this is kinda ironic being this is the thread to express your annoyances, and i did the 1 thing u all hate. im am sorry for my behavior. ttyl guys smartypants out :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 3, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Much appreciated, smartypants.  :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #577 on: January 3, 2006, 09:33 PM »
np
 :-*  :Dlol

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 4, 2006, 11:06 AM »
I thought of something else: for the past 2 years, I've been a graduate assistant to a professor of kinesiology, and have made a sorta reputation for tutoring his very difficult physiology class.  Well, most of the time, students would meet me as a group in the lab I called my office.  But twice before, 2 different female students asked if I could meet them at a coffee shop or bookstore near home and would pay a tutoring fee (sounds funny, but was completely legit: one girl was engaged, the other married, and they insisted on meeting and paying me).  Ok, so I go both times, and they had the nerve to bring along their guy who sits off to the side.  Now, I don't know if it's the girl's idea or the guy's, but either way it annoys me to no end.  You're going to request that I drive somewhere to meet you, and bring your guy?  Or, is he so insecure that he has to come along?  I'd much rather trust my girl to be professional about things and find out that she's not and leave her, than to follow her around all the time like a desperate puppy to insure nothing goes further with any male acquaintances.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 4, 2006, 11:41 AM »
That sounds to me like a very insecure fiance/husband.  When my wife and I were still dating but living in separate cities because we went to different universities, I hung out with a lot of the women in my class, even went to the bar with them.  It wasn't a problem because she trusted me (and I never gave her a reason not to trust me).  It sounds like this guy would have a bird if that happened.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 4, 2006, 12:33 PM »
It sounds like this guy would have a bird if that happened.

"have a bird"...really, Jesse like one would fly out of his rear-end?
What is that a Canadian/Jesse term ;)?

Seriously I don't like it when your talking to someone...your not even finished... and they say "wha?". THis just pisses me off because then they repeat your statement or finish your sentence when you try to repeat your self to them. So then the next obvious q is " If you knew then why say what in the first place?"  >:( My wife and son do this ALL the time..drives me crazy-well, at least my daughter isn't doing it. . .  . .yet. :P

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #581 on: January 4, 2006, 03:27 PM »
D-B,   I would think that since you are meeting them out of the office, it's probably a good thing to have a witness... unfortunately, some women will accuse professors of inappropriate behaviour, etc, if they don't get the grades they desire, etc, etc...
Pet peeves-  Barium is the nastist thing to drink... and I'm only down my first cup :(  2 more to go...
Berry flavoured my butt...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 4, 2006, 03:30 PM »
yes, Barium, hate it...so they can xray you later to follow it traveling down your innards-pretty hard to swallow isn't it?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 4, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Pet peeves-  Barium is the nastist thing to drink... and I'm only down my first cup :(  2 more to go...
Berry flavoured my butt...

Yes --  then it's especially nice when they do a swallowing test with the barium -- they mix it with oatmeal, and peanut butter and a sorts of lovely food stuffs.   The thing is -- if you have a swallowing disorder, the barium infused food gets stuck in your throat -- yum!  Post pics Shannon! ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #584 on: January 4, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Post pics of what exactly???  They can insert barium into places, too... and that's REALLY not fun... and you don't want pics, trust me...
At least they have internet in the waiting areas :)
You are starting to damage my calm.