Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243471 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #585 on: January 4, 2006, 09:52 PM »
I had an upper GI which is where they make you drink barium as you all said.

Just so you all know your lucky only probably having to do this once, I've done it 6 times in 4 years >:(. Dumb a** doctors can't figure out if my NISSIN  FUNDOPLICATION (sp?)(some procedure, where they wrap your esophogus around your esophogus, to keep you from throwing up because of your relux; I had it done when I was 18 months old :o) is still intact because of my bad reflux disease :-\.

is that better, can u actually read it? ???
« Last Edit: January 4, 2006, 09:53 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 4, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Post pics of what exactly???  They can insert barium into places, too... and that's REALLY not fun... and you don't want pics, trust me...
At least they have internet in the waiting areas :)

I was just being a smartass as usual ;D  Glad you have access to us while you're waiting.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 4, 2006, 11:04 PM »
D-B,   I would think that since you are meeting them out of the office, it's probably a good thing to have a witness... unfortunately, some women will accuse professors of inappropriate behaviour, etc, if they don't get the grades they desire, etc, etc...
Pet peeves-  Barium is the nastist thing to drink... and I'm only down my first cup :(  2 more to go...
Berry flavoured my butt...

Uh, Barium sucks, I know.  But the alternative ain't much better.  Colonoscopy sounds a whole lot better than it feels.  Going in the other way ain't much fun either. 

The witness notion is sound advice, there are all manner of nutjobs out there, irrespective of gender.  I taught labs for five years during school and made sure I was never in a room alone, be it lab or office.  One girl came into my office and closed the door behind her :o  I nearly had a bird ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #588 on: January 4, 2006, 11:09 PM »
I did the Barium/swallow test thing the week my appendix almost blew up last year.  They thought my appendix was a barium clog in the Large Intestine.   :-X :-X :-X

I hvae pretty bad reflux as well

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 5, 2006, 02:59 AM »
  One girl came into my office and closed the door behind her :o  I nearly had a bird ;)

What is that...... like a crow sized Boner because you were alone in a room with a woman, B?!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 5, 2006, 04:35 PM »
One girl came into my office and closed the door behind her :o I nearly had a bird ;)

It sounds like this guy would have a bird if that happened.

It seems like the Canadian's all have birds....what the hell is going on up there??? :-*
Beth

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 5, 2006, 05:48 PM »
One girl came into my office and closed the door behind her :o I nearly had a bird ;)

It sounds like this guy would have a bird if that happened.

It seems like the Canadian's all have birds....what the hell is going on up there??? :-*

I've heard of people ******** a bird before........... :-\
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 07:29 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #592 on: January 5, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Unforunately I've had six CT scans (with barium) since June... and two PET scans- but they only inject you with nucleur (SP?) stuff, same with the one lung scan...
and I'll probably have to have CT scans every 6 months for the rest of my life... :P
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 5, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Unforunately I've had six CT scans (with barium) since June... and two PET scans- but they only inject you with nucleur (SP?) stuff, same with the one lung scan...
and I'll probably have to have CT scans every 6 months for the rest of my life... :P

Not fun Shannon. :'(  And damn, I thought my 3 spinal taps in one week in April sucked.......... :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 5, 2006, 09:26 PM »

I've heard of people ******** a bird before........... :-\

>:(

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #595 on: January 6, 2006, 11:19 PM »

Not fun Shannon. :'(  And damn, I thought my 3 spinal taps in one week in April sucked.......... :-\
That does suck, Tracy!   :'(  I'm sure spinal taps aren't a walk in the park, either... they don't sound like it. 
Yep, I can see what everyone is up to at JD while waiting to get my scan- kind of neat :)
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2006, 03:20 AM »
It snowed an inch or two here today, just enough to make a genuine mess out of everything and encourage every ******* with a sport utility vehicle to hit the roads. I got tailed from Waterloo all the way home to E'dale by some twat in a baby Hummer. Strangely, it wasn't foggy at all out, but the ****-for-brains had his fog lights on anyway. I figure he's hung like a zit, and has to ride the tails of small cars on slick roads for kicks. I mean, why else would you buy a vehicle like that? It's useless.

So, what did I do about this predicament? I gently tapped the brake pedal, just enough to turn the brake lights on, and I made the ************ swerve and go sideways. But he had it coming. Regardless of the four wheel drive you have, it ain't gonna help you stop any faster, so don't **** with the guy in the little Hyundai who's just had a really long ******* day and doesn't want to deal with your ****. I just wish he'd have gone into the ******* ditch, the *******.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Ain't that a bitch?

Am I wrong for having no sympathy at all for this woman?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Ain't that a bitch?

Am I wrong for having no sympathy at all for this woman?

Was wondering when we would see a news clip of this somewhere...liked the guys post about dialing the cell phone to find the arm ;D. No, your not wrong II ;). I think it's better that she lived so her daughter could grow up to know whatta dumbass her mom is.

was the arm reattachable?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Most likely not because I know small digits are reatatchable but an arm, is seriously pushing it.