Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243193 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #660 on: May 11, 2006, 10:35 PM »
But whats weird i did bad in easy???!!?!

There you have it folks. Americas youth. :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 12, 2006, 12:24 AM »
wait....who's 21? Oh..America's youth, forgot. 8)

Offline Starbee

• Youngling
  • I'm a Bitch. I'm a mother. Sometimes I embarrass m
    • View Profile
Things that piss you off!
« Reply #662 on: May 12, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Things that really boil my blood are as follows:

People in the mall who tell you how to dicipline your children when they are having tempertantrums
(most parents know that the best way to deal with unwanted tantrums is to ignor them)

When tantrums occur I can only firstly hope they don't last long, second, interupting a tantrum can have severe backdrafts,and thirdly, ignorring the behavior tells the child that you will not give in to the brattyness that has taken over them.

So for all you non-parent people, heed my words,  raising non- tempertantrum children is not an easy task, it takes a lot of patience and all consistancy.  Oh and not all parents are the same.

From one mother to another keep both eyes on your children so they aren't running wild and putting their snotty hands in the bulk candy bins.  YUCK! 

Things that piss me off about drivers is:

Yes a lot of the drivers now don't use their signals.  I think it might have something to do with other drivers speeding up when they see you trying to change lanes.  But still there is no excuse besides lazyness.

It frustrates me to no end when people don't drive the speed limit.  It's sad to say but most of the time it's elderly people and if by chance it isn't then that person has driving issues.

What annoys me the most is when the driver in front of you is constantly using his brakes.  Hello!  The driver in front of you is ten car lengths away.  Man that's annoying.

People who think they own the road and you need to heed to them.  (Annoying)

Things that piss me off about shoppers:

People who place their cart smack dab in the middle of the lane, like they own the store.

People who don't hold the door open, especially when they can obviously see you coming in that direction.

People who check their receipt, to see for mistakes and block the exit.

I think that's good for now.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 09:15 AM by Starbee »
Starbee Out!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 12, 2006, 12:39 PM »
wait....who's 21? Oh..America's youth, forgot. 8)

*is 19 untill tommorow.*

He's 15 years old, yet can't form a comprehendible sentence. I know he can type correctly if he'd take his time, I've seen him do so.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #664 on: May 12, 2006, 06:10 PM »
 :-\ Ouch, that hurt man, and was completely uncalled for, that last post was fine. >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 12, 2006, 07:22 PM »
Chill out guys. 

I'd hate to have to bring out my Hammer of Moderation and slap you bitches silly.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:24 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #666 on: May 12, 2006, 10:48 PM »
****.  *******.

See, we cann'  swear here (just turn off your swear filter).  No need to type "****" or "*******" (a pet peeve of mine by the way)
Starbee;  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was inappropriate to use vulgar language, rude boy.  Anyway why does it bother you so much?  Isn't the whole point of this forum to speak your mind the way you want. What now your trying to put a limitation on me, like I'm a child.  That's annoying!

For the record Starbee, we have a swear filter in place here at JediDefender if people want to use it...  If not, that's their perogative to filter out the bad language as well, so the ****'s replacing words isn't necessary if you're intending a swear word, is what people are saying I believe...  Swear or don't is the point, but typing ****'s isn't gonna fly too well I think with people here...  Free to choose to swear or not though, and people are free to view it or not...  Our only restriction on swearing is that we reserve the right to clamp down on it when we feel people use it gratuitously, with no real rhyme or reason...  That's up to us to change if we want to though.

So please, by all means type out words as you intend them, not symbols.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 13, 2006, 02:53 PM »
People that don't have the balls to say things to your face.  Trust me, if I tell you off by email, postcard, airplane sign or highway billboard - I'll say the same thing to your face.
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Is there a particular story to tell Beth?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 13, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Annoying, not so fun fact. Given a precedent of the last two years of my wife's annual raise verses heath insurance premium increase, 4% vs 60% per year respectively, in seven years, her monthly income will be less than 0.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 13, 2006, 08:54 PM »
People that don't have the balls to say things to your face.  Trust me, if I tell you off by email, postcard, airplane sign or highway billboard - I'll say the same thing to your face.

Yes I totally agree..as I will tell it to their face as well, but... I didn't know you had balls too Beth :-X?

;D

Like Jesse said can I hear a story too is there is one?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 14, 2006, 06:37 AM »
Annoying, not so fun fact. Given a precedent of the last two years of my wife's annual raise verses heath insurance premium increase, 4% vs 60% per year respectively, in seven years, her monthly income will be less than 0.

Yea...that blows. :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 14, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Employers that don't have kids.  My daughter was up all night puking, and is pale as a sheet this morning. 

#1.  My boss refuses to cover my shift for me today.  She doesn't have kids so she apparently has no idea what it's like to stress over your childing puking her guts out.  **** her.

#2.  My wife's boss scheduled her to work today.  On Mother's Day.  There are 4 men at work and 1 woman, my wife.  And he picks her to work today.  So not only does she not get to spend the day with our daughter, she can't even be at home for our sick daughter.  **** him.

The good thing is I have 2 weeks of work left and I'm done this job.  Nothing will make me happier than moving out of this ****hole town (oh, and selling my house too).

The world is full of ********.  I guess I should just accept it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 12:43 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Starbee

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 15, 2006, 09:30 AM »
****.  *******.

See, we cann'  swear here (just turn off your swear filter).  No need to type "****" or "*******" (a pet peeve of mine by the way)
Starbee;  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was inappropriate to use vulgar language, rude boy.  Anyway why does it bother you so much?  Isn't the whole point of this forum to speak your mind the way you want. What now your trying to put a limitation on me, like I'm a child.  That's annoying!

For the record Starbee, we have a swear filter in place here at JediDefender if people want to use it...  If not, that's their perogative to filter out the bad language as well, so the ****'s replacing words isn't necessary if you're intending a swear word, is what people are saying I believe...  Swear or don't is the point, but typing ****'s isn't gonna fly too well I think with people here...  Free to choose to swear or not though, and people are free to view it or not...  Our only restriction on swearing is that we reserve the right to clamp down on it when we feel people use it gratuitously, with no real rhyme or reason...  That's up to us to change if we want to though.

So please, by all means type out words as you intend them, not symbols.

Thanks Jesse I guess I thought that I had to put those in myself.  That's why I took offence Mikey D.  Sorry I took it so personal.  I get like that sometimes, don't take it personal.  Hey, Mikey D, I see that you took on the name rude boy under your picture.  Good way to lighten up issue.  Ha, Ha.  I'm such as bitch sometimes.
Starbee Out!

Offline Starbee

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 15, 2006, 01:56 PM »
"On the hunt" peeves:

• When you find a brand new figure or two hanging on the pegs, and you realize that you most likely just missed out on a much bigger score by not going to that store just a little earlier (yeah, I'm a glass is half empty kinda guy - what of it?!  :-*)
  • When you carefully place your figures on the conveyer belt, only to have the clumsy cashier try to stack a few up to scan, and of course wind up dropping several of them 4 feet down onto the floor.  Sure, I'll just use those formerly MOMC figures for my "loose" collection.  Thanks moron.   >:(
  • When you unexpectedly stumble across such a huge figure score, but didn't anticipate needing an actual cart, so you try to pile up 15 figures in your arms ('cause it's not safe to run all the way back up to the front of the store for a cart!), only to wind up dropping one or two on the floor yourself!   ::)  IDIOT!   :-\
And then there's this always enjoyable conversation that irritates the living crap out of me EVERY single time it happens at my favorite fast food joints:

At In-N-Out:

Me: Hi, I'd just like a Double-double.  That's all.

Idiot: Would you like the combo?

Me:  No.  Just the Double-double.

Idiot:  Would you like a drink with that?

Me:  NO!   >:(  Just... the... Double-double...!!!   >:(   >:(   >:(

Me (in my head):  What the f'n hell part of "No", "just" and "that's all" are you having so much trouble understanding exactly, you freaking moron?!?!?   >:(

Feel free to substitute Taco Bell, KFC, Jack in the Crack, Burger King, or any other fast food place in there instead, and you get the identical results 90% of the time.  And you wonder why they call me Bulky Blocky...   ::)   :P

I 'll never understand how the idiots get the job when they can't even hear the word "no".
Starbee Out!