Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243095 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #765 on: August 15, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Or how about the guy on the interstate who blows by you in the left lane (I always use my cruise control) and then twenty mintues later I'm passing him!

I hate ******* who can't keep a constant speed on the interstate!

And let us not forget about the ****head who goes to pass you in the left lane but takes fifteen minutes to do so! 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #766 on: August 19, 2006, 03:53 AM »
Time for me to add a new one to my list:

When the Emergency Broadcast System on the TV is tested during primetime TV right at the final three minutes of Stargate, causing me to miss the ending. >:(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 03:54 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 19, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Nextel Walkie Talkie phone thingies.  Listen numbnuts, why in hell do you think I want to listen to both sides of your conversation?  >:( And that annoying chirp!  At least have the courtesy to dial the friggin' phone -- that's what speed dial is for.  Ass.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 19, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Nextel Walkie Talkie phone thingies.  Listen numbnuts, why in hell do you think I want to listen to both sides of your conversation?  >:( And that annoying chirp!  At least have the courtesy to dial the friggin' phone -- that's what speed dial is for.  Ass.

I have to agree on that. I had to use these things when I was a dispatcher for a tow truck company. Very annoying.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 22, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Work bought us Nextels for the walkie talkie feature... I never use it.  SOOOO annoying.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 22, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Back to the traffic idiots...

I was unfortunately reminded of this one this morning. Tailgaters driving monstrous SUVs/trucks that love to keep maybe three feet between their front bumper and my own back bumper, all while going 70 mph, then, before I even have a chance of moving into the slow lane to let the idiot pass (even when the fast lane is clear), he zooms into the slow lane, passes me, then immediately veers into my lane ahead of me where I can clearly read his "United We Stand" bumper sticker and American flag window sticker.

United we stand, indeed. Unless, of course, someone's in your way in traffic, then it's every idiot for himself.

Yeah, another pet peeve...cliched bumper stickers that mean absolutely nothing.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 22, 2006, 03:06 PM »
On traffic -

Bicyclists who don't understand that they are NOT pedestrians, they are VEHICLES.

In the past month I've almost run over at least five bicyclists because they're either riding against the flow of traffic, crusing across an intersection in a crosswalk, crossing a street any damn place they want, or something else stupid.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #772 on: August 22, 2006, 11:01 PM »
If you hate bicyclists, do not come to Fort Collins Colorado. I read somewhere that we are in the top 10 cities with the most bike lanes per mile of road (or something like that). It is quite annoying. Ryan can back me up on this one, as he lives there too.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 23, 2006, 11:19 AM »
If you hate bicyclists, do not come to Fort Collins Colorado. I read somewhere that we are in the top 10 cities with the most bike lanes per mile of road (or something like that). It is quite annoying. Ryan can back me up on this one, as he lives there too.

So, I'm guessing you're 'annoyed' from a pedestrian or passenger point of view about the bikes then? Unless of course you are driving already? Well, I would hope there wasn't too many fat folk in Fort Collins considering the amount of cyclists- that could be a good benefit right?

The DS

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #774 on: August 23, 2006, 11:11 PM »
I have my permit, I should have gotten it 8 months ago, but my parents kept saying well do it next week. ::) So I finally got it, and yet, I have to wait 1 year, so I'll almost be 17 when I get my license.

So to answer your question, yes I have to deal with these people, they pull out in front of cars without even looking or caring. It never fails that it happens to everyone almost everyday.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 24, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Then maybe you should get a bike instead of a car? They're considerably less expensive and environment friendly.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #776 on: August 24, 2006, 06:53 PM »
I have a bike, but everything like school, the mall, the theater, target and wally for toy runs would take me all day to ride to those places. It's just not an option

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 28, 2006, 12:35 PM »
1 - students who park in the faculty/staff lots, filling them up.

2 - people who drive tiny penis cars and pull all the way forward, making the space look empty from the lot entrance

3 - hunting for parking for twenty minutes in a stick shift.

Oh yeah baby.  School's definitely back in session.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:45 PM by name »

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 28, 2006, 06:47 PM »
2 - people who drive tiny penis cars and pull all the way forward, making the space look empty from the lot entrance.

I believe it's what's referred to as a "Farking Space" = Fake Parking Space.  I drive a Mini Cooper S so I create Farking Spaces all the time.  And I don't feel bad at all about doing it.

Yesterday I was in a parking lot where two guys riding harleys had them parked.  They were perfectly centered in the parking stalls.  They had come out of the store to see that some ass had parked his/her SUV over the parking stall line and next to one of the bikes.  The rider was extremely upset and began doing things to the SUV like playing with their rear view mirrors.  I almost went over to help him out.  I'd be pissed too if someone parked like that.

I also found out that my grandfather-in-law lays on his horn when he sees someone driving while talking on a mobile phone.  Heh.  Great minds think alike...

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 28, 2006, 07:27 PM »
The Farking Space in a grocery store lot where you can run up and down aisles is one thing....doesn't bother me too bad.  But the lots at work are single lnes with no exit...go down a full one, and you have to make a three point turn to get back out.  Stupid design. 

Another piss off moment was last week...I pulled down the one aisle lot because I saw a car backing pulling out from the back of the lot...he had just backed up and was pulling forward, so I assumed he was leaving a space.   I waited at the lot entrance for him to come out, he did and I pulled in to find the lot full.   He was just making the three point turn to get out.

****** could have told me...signalled me....whatever.  Instead he just smiled and let me make the same mistake he did.

****head.