Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242882 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #810 on: January 8, 2007, 06:25 PM »
My car is starting to piss me off right now, had to miss work today since it wouldn't start.  Took it to the dealership to find that my battery leaked and damaged the cables, my hood release needs to be replace, and a leak in the waterpump which is leaking fuild.  Now I need  to find a way to get $1000 by tommorrow hopefully.

Here's a new pet peeve that nearly plowed into me numerous times today.  Kids who wear their roller skate shoes to the mall/stores.  When did it become okay to roller skate in public places other than a skating rink?  Just because the skates are in their shoes doesn't mean the little buggers can skate around wherever they like.  The worst part was the parents just smiled when Jr./Sissy were weaving in and out of the aisles.

My niece asked me to get these for her birthday but I figure it makes no sense since her school bans them.  Of course she tells me kids still have them at school. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 8, 2007, 11:52 PM »
I hate cars in the early morning.  I get up every morning at 5 to go for a two mile walk and I swear that there's stalkers/killers/weirdos in every car.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 9, 2007, 06:42 PM »
I hate cars in the early morning.  I get up every morning at 5 to go for a two mile walk and I swear that there's stalkers/killers/weirdos in every car.

Why do you have to call me out like that, Mike?? Kidding.

Um, slow drivers in the passing lane for me...
and people who assume I watch NASCAR because I'm a race fan.  ::) They wouldn't understand the term Formula One, ChampCar or Indycar...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 9, 2007, 08:18 PM »
People who are at the register who decide when they get their change back, that it is high time to go through their wallet and toss out old receipts, business cards, and other random crap. Do that at home, not when there are other customers behind you.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #814 on: January 22, 2007, 03:29 PM »
I don't know if it's been covered before, but over the weekend, I was reminded of one of my biggest pet peeves:

People who don't turn their headlights on while driving in inclement weather.

Look, I know you can see just fine, Dicknose, but it's not about that--it's about other people being able to see you.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35 PM »
I think it's been covered before.  It's a huge annoyance for me as I drive on the highway a lot, usually just a two lane, non-divided highway at that.  Twilight is brutal and inclement weather is worse.  I'm so used to most cars having the lights on automatically that I'm even irritated by it in clear, middle of the day driving.  It's a visibility issue. 

Oh and shoot the designers that have the parking/turn signals come on instead of the headlights because 90% of those buffoons think their lights are on all the time, but it's only the orange lights at the side that are on :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2007, 03:00 PM »
People who write checks at stores.  Come on, it's 2007.  Ever hear of a check card?  It works just like a check but is 5 times faster than waiting for you to fill out the check and balance your damn checkbook while I wait behind you in line.

Family friends who want my help with their computer and don't have high speed internet service.  I don't mind coming over and installing OS updates or freeware utilities to help keep your machine up.  But don't expect me to do it when your download speed is 56K or less.  I've actually had to tell people I won't help them until they upgrade.

People who are determined to drive in snow/ice even when the DOT says to stay home.  If you don't know how to drive on ice, STAY HOME!  I don't care how much good you think your 4x4 SUV is, it won't keep you from sliding.  There were too many stories the other week in the Pacific Northwest of people getting injured or damaging other cars due to incompetence.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 4, 2007, 02:07 PM »
People who write checks at stores.  Come on, it's 2007.  Ever hear of a check card?

I couldn't agree with you more.  I work for a major check printer and I can't stand it when there's somebody in front of me taking there sweet time writing out a check.  Bastards!! I have a life to live and I don't have all day for you.  I've been using my bank card religously for the past ten years or so with no mistakes.

Okay, new topic.  I'm a MOC SW collector and I can't stand it when a check out clerk (especially at WM) aggresively rubs my nice minty card over and over again on that DVD demagnification thing.  Hello??  This is a freakin toy, not a CD/DVD.  Bastards.. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 4, 2007, 02:14 PM »
If you don't know how to drive on ice

Is there such a thing?  I dunno, ice skates?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 4, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Here's a new pet peeve that nearly plowed into me numerous times today.  Kids who wear their roller skate shoes to the mall/stores.  When did it become okay to roller skate in public places other than a skating rink?  Just because the skates are in their shoes doesn't mean the little buggers can skate around wherever they like.  The worst part was the parents just smiled when Jr./Sissy were weaving in and out of the aisles.

I noticed this too.  I think we're only 1 or 2 lawsuits by the parents of kids bashing their heads real good on a shelf away, before stores start to ban these sneakers in their stores.

It's coming.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2007, 02:19 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 4, 2007, 07:46 PM »
When I'm walking the dog and I'm listening to my iPod, people walking on the trails always try to have conversations with me. A friendly nod or a hello is perfectly fine, but I really don't want to pause my music to discuss what breed the dog is, or give you or your kid the okay to pet it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 4, 2007, 08:39 PM »
A recent pet peeve of mine, people on another forum reading pms and never responding. Just delete it if your not gonna respond.  >:(
I remember my dream now.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 4, 2007, 09:35 PM »
 >:( >:( >:(  people on a @@#$$% cell phone while driving,Their mind is surly NOT on their driving.I've had so many people almost clip me,because they are yakking on the phone.I have one,but I pull off somewhere to talk,If its not a matter life and death stay off of it!! >:( :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 28, 2007, 10:41 AM »
This has pissed me off a various times during my life -- now I just find it amusing.  Guys who use their cars as a means to try and convince us that they have a ginormous penis.  I get the muscle car thing -- a big, loud, rumbley-sounding fast car.  What gets me are when guys take a piece of **** economy car and try & soup it up.  Especially when they put those stupid pipes on them.  I swear to God they sound like my '64 Beetle did when it had a hole in the muffler.  Why the hell would they spend a bunch money on pipes that sound like a faulty muffler? ::)

Another thing -- the first time I saw these on a big-assed Dodge Ram, I found it amusing:

But when I saw them today on a little bitty POS 2-seater Toyota, I felt like just giving the guy a ruler and getting it over with.............. ::)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:42 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 28, 2007, 11:24 AM »
I've been taking the kids and the dog to the nearby park to walk, chase the ball, and play on the swings (it's amazing to see the dog swing...he doesn't even need a push anymore.)

Luke (the dog) always attracts attention from kids and grownups, especially when he's running for the ball, but it's usually just a "can i pet your dog" at the minimum and a conversation about how wonderful goldens are and what experiences others have had with them at the max.  usually a ten minute friendly exchange at most.

two days ago, some girl about 5th grade age came over and wanted to pet luke and then just lingered...and lingered...and petted him and hugged him.  i'm really working on discipline with him and getting him to stay focused when we're playing fetch, and every time he'd run the ball back she'd be there doing something stupid, or when i'd try to get him to sit and wait for the throw, she'd be petting him.  I didn't want to be rude to her so we finally just wrapped it up and went and let the kids play on the swings.

yesterday I went again, and as soon as we arrived this  same little pest came running over and said "hey luke."  I thought this wouldn't be a big deal, because we usually take a 30 minute or so walk before we chase the ball.  This lets Luke get some warm-up and satisfies his curiosity about the park before i take him off the leash, and it's a nice quiet time to spend with the kids.

Not yesterday.  This little turd starts following us on her annoying wheely shoes.  Doesn't say anything, just rolls along a few paces behind.  I figure she's going to leave any minute, but no...she finally comes up and starts petting luke while me and the kids are walking him. 

"oh hi" i say.  She starts in on how she's there almost every day because her mom likes to walk.  and then starts jabbering away while we're walking....she's now officially joined our walk.  This means that I've got some strange 5th grade girl tagging along, which I'm not at ALL comfortable with.  I had to change our whole walk to make sure we stayed in populated areas because I'm sure as hell not about to be isolated somewhere with some strange kid, even with my own kids in tow.  This meant scrapping the plans to go on the butterfly trail to start prepping Luke for a hike.

We passed this kid's mom on the path, and I thought "thank God...she's going to discreetly pull her daughter away." but nope.  Mom waved at her daughter as she walked right past us, said hi, looked at me, and kept on enjoying her peaceful walk.  Never mind that mine is interrupted, my time with my kids is invaded, my dog is distracted and my peaceful afternoon is interrupted because NOW THIS KID IS BOUNCING A ******* BASKETBALL OVER AND OVER FOR THE LAST QUARTER MILE.

So we finish the walk and go to throw the ball, and she stays on us.  wants to throw.  I don't want to make a 5th grader cry so I let her....now Luke's even more hyper because the routine's changed....finally I give up on that and just go sit and let the kids play on the playground until it's time to leave.

I don't know how to get out of this...I don't want to hurt this kid's feelings, but it's her mother's responsibility to intervene on this.  Mom apparently, though, is both oblivious to her daughter's intrusion on my time and doesn't care that her kid is walking around a park with a random 32 year old man.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.