Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242006 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Well ya might have to ask to the girl to go play on the swings while you talk to the mother!! Otherwise, she will be your tag along every day now!! ;D But you should have asked her to stop bouncing the ball, that would be no problem I think!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 28, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Wow, that is a tough situation.  Being honest is your best bet; with the mother that is.

Tell her exactly what you told us, that you're trying to train your dog and can't have any distractions.

You might want to sweeten it up a little.   :)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 28, 2007, 12:04 PM »
But you should have asked her to stop bouncing the ball, that would be no problem I think!!

yeah...i'm really not sure why i put up with that ****, other than the afternoon was clearly already ruined and at that point it seemed like complaining about the rain when you're already in the swimming pool.  Ain't going to get any wetter.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 28, 2007, 05:15 PM »
Yeah, I understand, it was just the icing on an otherwise crappy training session with the pooch!!

You know though, it is very odd that the mother didn't pull her back when you passed by. I mean this day and age it'd be very creepy to see your kid with a grown man just hapily walking by!! :o
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 28, 2007, 05:40 PM »
I mean this day and age it'd be very creepy to see your kid with a grown man just hapily walking by!! :o

Especially someone who looks as creepy as these guys

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #830 on: March 28, 2007, 06:05 PM »
That's a pretty funny picture.  I wonder how many pictures with the Hooters girls have guys staring straight down like that.

Regarding your tagalong, you need to have a quick discussion with the mom, tell her you're trying to train the dog and you need some privacy.

If that doesn't work, you could try lying:

Tell her the dog is training to be a helper dog and should not be around anyone but you while training.
Got Clones?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 29, 2007, 12:30 AM »
You might be surprised if you just be straight with the girl and say that you'd prefer to have a private walk with your dog and kids.  Just say it was nice meeting her but you really want to enjoy your time with them on your own.  She might react negatively, but she'll probably just say OK and run back to the playground.  I think kids have tougher skin than we give them credit for.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 29, 2007, 11:26 AM »
Pet Peeve of mine:

X-Mas ornaments (including lights) still left on or around the house in Spring.

Seriously, we've had a nice string of days here -- it's time to take that **** down.  Especially the large Santa and reindeer sitting right in the middle of the front yard.

Pretty soon, you're going to have to mow around that ****.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #833 on: March 29, 2007, 01:51 PM »
What about people that put up blue or white lights for parties and stuff?  I'm never sure if they just left them up there since Christmas...but I have to admit, it looks cool.
Got Clones?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 29, 2007, 04:46 PM »
These may be pet peeves of some other people but I'm not reading 50+ pages to find out.   ;D

Printers.  I hate printers with a passion.  They stop working for no apparent reason, people seem to find a need to be linked to every printer in the office and if you miss one during a reinstall or upgrade they're on your **** the minute they realize it's not there.  I've printed exactly 1 piece of paper at the office this month and I see no need why anyone else needs to print more than that.  I just upgraded a computer here at work and the broad that uses it is hooked to five printers.  Five.  WTF?

I hate eBay bidders that insist on being the top bidder on an item no matter what.  There is no need for a bidding war on a relatively common item on day 2 of a 7 day auction, especially when it's an item that should sell in the $20 range, for example, and it's already up to $15 or $18 with 5 days left. 

I also hate it when I list an auction and the first line says "No 0 feedback bidders" and my first bidder has 0 feedback. 

On top of that I always list my auctions stating that non-US winners will be quoted a shipping price at the end of the auction and I tell them why; the USPS calculator sucks, there are 3 valid ways to ship outside the country (ground, air parcel post and Global Express) and rather than people complain about high shipping I always charge the exact amount which means boxing the item and getting a quote from the Post Office. 

First day of my recent listings I got 3 "how much to ship to XXX" where XXX was UK, Canada and Australia.  The rest of the week I also got Spain, UK, France twice, another Australia and 2 or 3 more from Canada.  NONE of the people that asked ended up winning although most bid.  And that's why it's a waste of my time to estimate shipping during the auction and why I tell them that...but people are ******* idiots.  Last I knew, Canada, UK and Australia all spoke English so they don't have an excuse.  I expect that US bidders will not be able to comprehend a basic sentence but I hold these other countries to higher standards since they like to poo poo the US on our apparent educational shortcomings.  And people wonder why US sellers don't like to ship overseas? 

E... (who hates everyone equally because it's less confusing)
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 29, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Mad props on the international ebay thing -- I have the same problem.  They think we're out to rip them off when all we're trying to do is be fair.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 29, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Dust.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #837 on: April 13, 2007, 01:03 AM »
People who steal food from communal refrigerators should be taken out front and ******* flogged. >:(

I'm used to losing sandwiches and the like, which is why I rarely store anything in the dorm fridge, but now somebody ripped off an entire half-gallon of grapefruit juice. It only cost me three bucks, but COME ON ... an unopened half-gallon of juice. That's just weird. ******* freeloading prick(s). ::)

Next semester I'm SO investing in a mini fridge. Added bonus: I could put beer in it, which would be frowned upon in the community one, to say the least. :-*
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 13, 2007, 09:32 AM »
I'm telling your RA.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #839 on: April 14, 2007, 11:03 AM »
This little turd starts following us on her annoying wheely shoes.

At my school its so small that the junior high is connected to the highschool, and many of the junior high kids have to come over to the high school for several of their classes(like band or "advanced" math or science).
 Guess what they wore, F****** heelies.
 Starting this monday they are not aloud to wear them. We would make it a game to try and kick a shoe out from under them because they would just get in the way and cause problems in the hall.

Thankyou administration for ridding the school of evil.