Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242066 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #900 on: September 23, 2008, 09:11 AM »
First, I think it was a couple bags of chips, a 24oz can  of beer and a few other things.  I'm not a d%ck I won't have a problem with someone setting something on the counter if they say something, but it seemed an awful lot like he had done his shopping and wanted to pay.  I was getting pretty ticked and was going to keep responding to the crap he was shouting, but I really wasn't looking for a fight.  I'm bigger than he was, but still, not something I was looking to do on my sunday afternoon.
I am not the Stig

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 1, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Finding a copperhead in your driveway and having one of your kids clog the toilet, creating a loverly little flood -- all on a day when your hubby is out of town.   >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 2, 2008, 08:44 AM »
How interesting ...for two reasons:  one - I have a friend who stepped on a copperhead in her driveway last week, got bitten, and is in all kinds of pain.  two - the reason I was in this thread was to post a pet peeve of my own.....people who fill a public toilet up with greasy, nasty **** and then don't flush it.

And I'm not talking about about a gas station toilet either...right here in the administrative building of the university. 

What's really amazing is that every now and then I'll run across one of these filled with ****, but with no toilet paper, or with one tiny little square.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 2, 2008, 01:37 PM »
........people who fill a public toilet up with greasy, nasty **** and then don't flush it.

As someone who cannot go in a public toilet, I've always been horrified by that sight/thought/smell.  But that's for another thread all together........... :-X
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 6, 2008, 09:44 AM »
I hate it when I'm working in the office downstairs and a family member "calls" you from upstairs because they want you for something. Instead of hollering and making me get up, wouldn't it be more considerate for them to come down and talk to me? I can understand if it's an emergency, but normally it's not.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 6, 2008, 10:31 AM »
two - the reason I was in this thread was to post a pet peeve of my own.....people who fill a public toilet up with greasy, nasty **** and then don't flush it.

And I'm not talking about about a gas station toilet either...right here in the administrative building of the university. 

Universities are, for reasons I can't possibly fathom, the worst places on earth for this.  My alma mater was horrid for it.  I really, really don't understand it because the illusion is that these are supposedly intelligent people out to improve themselves.  The whole Freudian anal retentive thing is kinda blown outta the water because it's almost like these people want to show how prodigious they are.  Flush the ******* toilet.  Don't use your hand if you find it icky to touch the lever, use your foot.  Thankfully the autoflush sensors are going in all over the place, so people are being denied the opportunity to display with pride their prodigious production. 

I think it's really more of a sign of how utterly uncivilized we really are when in private.  Lots of people keep creepy little secrets behind closed doors.   :-\

And oh yeah, the standardized Walmart rant: shopping carts do not migrate back to the racks on their own.  If you leave yours lying out in the parking lot to slam into my car, don't be surprised when it ends up behind you as you start backing up you lazy sack of ****.  Also there is no real need to lean on a shopping cart and park it diagonally in the bonbon aisle of a Walmart.  A little courtesy extended to others will be returned to you in kind.  A lack of effort will generate something else altogether.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 6, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Also there is no real need to lean on a shopping cart and park it diagonally in the bonbon aisle of a Walmart.  A little courtesy extended to others will be returned to you in kind.  A lack of effort will generate something else altogether.   ;)

Amen.  I couldn't agree more.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #907 on: November 6, 2008, 03:25 PM »
And oh yeah, the standardized Walmart rant: shopping carts do not migrate back to the racks on their own.  If you leave yours lying out in the parking lot to slam into my car, don't be surprised when it ends up behind you as you start backing up you lazy sack of ****.  Also there is no real need to lean on a shopping cart and park it diagonally in the bonbon aisle of a Walmart.  A little courtesy extended to others will be returned to you in kind.  A lack of effort will generate something else altogether.   ;)

Damn...that just gave me a great idea for an invention.  Motorized Shopping carts that return themselves!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 6, 2008, 04:32 PM »

Damn...that just gave me a great idea for an invention.  Motorized Shopping carts that return themselves!

How about a sensor that detects when a cart is fully emptied, and sits idle for more than 10 second without being taken to a cart return, shouts out "Hey, a$$, how about returning me?" or just goes off like a car alarm or something.

Better yet the system detects which cart is yours at check out, then if you don't return it to the corral, it automatically charges you an extra $5, that way the store can hire another cart wrangler....
I am not the Stig

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 6, 2008, 08:41 PM »
I'd be happier if it could home in on the responsible individuals car and run a strip down the side, but yeah, I could live with them getting nailed for $5. 

The solution is so simple though and tons of stores here do it already (don't think I've seen it in the US).  THey're essentially coin operated to unlock from the chain.  Don't get your coin back if you don't put it back.  Safeway is only a quarter but Superstore is a buck and you don't see many of those floating around.  Yeah, someone will figure out a way around it with a shim or something, but most people aren't that clever.  Walmart just refuses to do it up here even though almost all other major retailers do. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 7, 2008, 12:04 AM »
The solution is so simple though and tons of stores here do it already (don't think I've seen it in the US).  THey're essentially coin operated to unlock from the chain.  Don't get your coin back if you don't put it back. 

We call that Aldi's here.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 7, 2008, 09:42 AM »
One of the wholesale clubs near here used to do that when I was younger.  When I was 10 or so I remember being excited when you'd find a loose one in the lot, that meant you just got a quarter or a buck, depending on the store.  They've since done away with it, I think too many people complained about the things jamming in the winter, meaning you couldn't get a cart separated from the huge line of them...  Or people having to go into the store to get a quarter, to get a cart.  They end up being a hassle.  Especially since people don't generally go into a wholesale place to buy one item, frequently its $100 plus.
I am not the Stig

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 7, 2008, 12:58 PM »
I guess we're just better sheep here.  Only Costco and Walmart don't have the coin operated solution for the carts.  Most people just keep the quarter or dollar coin in the car because they know they'll need it.  But that personal responsibility stuff won't fly south of the border, even at that minimal level ;)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 7, 2008, 01:04 PM »
I think you guys keep stealing carts, so they have to keep them under lock and key is all...

I do agree that if you are going to a store, and you know they have the quarter operated carts, bring a quarter.  Its like leaving your wallet at home....  But I bet enough people complained about them, and they are higher maintenance and cost, than regular carts, so they did away with them.  Plus the one store I'm thinking of was located in its own parking lot that wasn't walking accessible really, so they don't need to worry about hobos walking off with them.
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 14, 2008, 08:29 PM »
I think I brought this up before, but I'm hating women in stores who think that they're allowed to steer their shopping carts wherever they want to with disregard.  I've almost been hit a few times these past few weeks.  Please obey traffic laws when exiting out of aisles ladies!   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN