Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242067 times)

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #930 on: March 31, 2009, 12:14 PM »
Bounty Select-A-Size.

What!?  You don't like the Bounty brand of this or SAS in general?  Having kids, we would be in the poor house without SAS paper towels (though Target brand is the best value).

I was thinking the exact same thing. Select-a-size is awesome for families with kids, especially those with just two kids that want everything the same as one another. Tearing a full-size sheet into two exactly equal sheets is nearly impossible and could possibly be the most frustratingly futile activity known to man. Preschoolers can see the difference, believe me. I don't care what they cost, select-a-size is a staple in our household.   

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 31, 2009, 10:10 PM »
I don't care what they cost, select-a-size is a staple in our household.   

Us too!  We used to buy another brand until we had kids and realized we were wasting a lot of paper towels cleaning up after them.  Now it's SAS or nothing.

Anyway, back to the topic...

What has really been pissing me off lately is the new woman that moved into the cube next to mine at work.  She has absolutely no filter on her brain, so anything she's thinking comes out of her mouth.  The majority of us can have a thought about something and think about it silently at our desks, right?  Not her.  She spends 9/10 of her day talking to herself as she types on her computer ("Ok, I need to move this file here..." for example).  Also, EVERYTHING she does is loud.  She needs to sigh, you can hear her two buildings over.  She yawns and it sounds like a lion roaring.  When she takes a sip of her coffee, it's the loudest sipping noise you've ever heard... And she sips like that EVERY time she sips her coffee, even if it's no longer hot!

But the killer is when she clears her throat.  When most normal people clear their throat, they do so with their mouths closed and they make that very recognizable sound.  When she clears her throat, it sounds like she's hocking up the biggest lougie (sp?) she can muster.  And, to top it off, she does this about every 30 minutes during the day and every 5-10 mintues when she's eating at her desk at lunch.

I've resorted to listening to my iPod at work at such a loud volume that I fear I'm eventually going to lose my hearing.  The only good thing about that will be that I will no longer be able to hear her!  Maybe I will be able to claim it as a workman's comp injury...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25 PM »
And another thing, I really can't stand people that create computer viruses/worms/etc.  Not looking forward to whatever happens with this Conficker worm tomorrow...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 31, 2009, 10:33 PM »

But the killer is when she clears her throat.  When most normal people clear their throat, they do so with their mouths closed and they make that very recognizable sound.  When she clears her throat, it sounds like she's hocking up the biggest lougie (sp?) she can muster.  And, to top it off, she does this about every 30 minutes during the day and every 5-10 mintues when she's eating at her desk at lunch.

I've resorted to listening to my iPod at work at such a loud volume that I fear I'm eventually going to lose my hearing.  The only good thing about that will be that I will no longer be able to hear her!  Maybe I will be able to claim it as a workman's comp injury...

I've had a douche bag sitting next to my cube for the past 6 months, but he's finally getting moved.  So many moans grunts and groans and 20 minute sneezing attacks = a very annoying coworker.  See ya later.  I've also resorted to "plugging into" my iPod more so than usual, but I'm happy he's moving.  I don't care to hear the snot being sucked up his nose every 10 minutes, but now I have an 80 year old women who's taking his spot so I'm not sure whats going to happen now.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 31, 2009, 11:22 PM »
lougie (sp?)

I feel like it's "loogey".

Of course, I have been known to make mistakes from time to time.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 1, 2009, 09:20 AM »
I've had a douche bag sitting next to my cube for the past 6 months, but he's finally getting moved.  So many moans grunts and groans and 20 minute sneezing attacks = a very annoying coworker. 

Dude, I can see how that's annoying, but I wouldn't call someone who had constant sneeze attacks a douche bag.  It's not like that's something he can control or is purposely doing to bother others.  I'm sure if it were up to him, he'd be sneezing a lot less too.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 1, 2009, 01:48 PM »
Dude, I can see how that's annoying, but I wouldn't call someone who had constant sneeze attacks a douche bag.  It's not like that's something he can control or is purposely doing to bother others.  I'm sure if it were up to him, he'd be sneezing a lot less too.

Did I mention he rarely covers his mouth?  I guess it's more of the constant moaning/groaning and snot ingestion that gets to me.  Oh and it pisses me off, so it fits fine in this thread just fine.   >:(    ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 1, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Poorly executed April Fools day pranks.  Everyone thinks they're clever but 90% of the population can't actually pull off clever.  And spaming threads on a forum with the same prank link multiple times is as busted as the Rickroll.

I almost always try to pull an April Fools joke on my websites but this year didn't even bother, which is actually a better prank than actually doing something at this point.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 1, 2009, 04:38 PM »

Did I mention he rarely covers his mouth?  I guess it's more of the constant moaning/groaning and snot ingestion that gets to me.  Oh and it pisses me off, so it fits fine in this thread just fine.   >:(    ;)

Well, not covering your mouth is both lazy and irritating, so I guess he is a douche bag.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 2, 2009, 02:48 PM »
There is a four lane highway, divided by a turn lane, that borders the campus where I work.

There is a pedestrian skywalk that connects the main campus to the digital media campus that spans the width of this highway.

Almost every day, when trying to turn left I almost run over or cannot make a turn when I have an opportunty because of some idiot crossing or standing in the turn lane directly UNDERNEATH the skywalk.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 2, 2009, 03:10 PM »
I hate websites that have music that automatically plays when the page loads.  This is no longer 1998 when it was cool and a sign of  your mad skillz that you could make a WAV file play on a page.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 2, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Another traffic/pedestrian complaint.

Where I leave work, I have to make a lefthand turn across a very busy undivided four lane.  At this corner, actually maybe 1/3  of the way down the block, is a sky walk for pedestrians to keep them from getting squished.

|   |                |   s   |
__________|   |________|    k  |____________________
                                          |    y  |
                                          |    w |
                                          |    a  |
_____________________|    l  |_____________________
                                          |    k |
                                          |       |

At least five times in the past month or two, there's been a dumbass or two standing there on the corner to my left, in the shadow of the skywalk, trying to cross the highway and making it to where if I get lucky enough to have a break in traffic, I'm going to also have to worry about them jumping in front of me.  OR they've already crossed halfway and are standing in the ******* turn lane underneat the skywalk waiting to get run over and blocking me from making a turn even if I could.

I think I'm going to start throwing water baloons at them.  I really don't want to run over one of them.  It's too damn much paperwork.
There is a four lane highway, divided by a turn lane, that borders the campus where I work.

There is a pedestrian skywalk that connects the main campus to the digital media campus that spans the width of this highway.

Almost every day, when trying to turn left I almost run over or cannot make a turn when I have an opportunty because of some idiot crossing or standing in the turn lane directly UNDERNEATH the skywalk.

People who keep pissing and moaning about the same things over and over again............ ::)

:-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 3, 2009, 12:56 AM »
i forgot all about that post, but I almost ran over two dumb chicks standing in the turn lane today.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #943 on: April 4, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I hate websites that have music that automatically plays when the page loads.  This is no longer 1998 when it was cool and a sign of  your mad skillz that you could make a WAV file play on a page.

E...

The breeder who we got our new puppy had the Airwolf theme playing on the front page....it was kinda creepy and for a while I thought I was purchasing a puppy from Carpeteria.   :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 4, 2009, 02:23 PM »
People that don't wash their hands after they use the restroom...