Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243503 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #945 on: April 4, 2009, 06:45 PM »
People that don't wash their hands after they use the restroom...

OMFG, that disgusts me too. In fact that happened just last week at a restaurant I went to and to make it worse it was one of the cooks. I immediately went to the manager and told them about it. I was about to leave the place with my wife and bro-in-law in tow when the manager said she would cook the food herself. I was still skeptical as I had no proof that that would indeed happen. In the end I caved to my wife and we ate there, but I don't think we'll be going back there any time soon.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 6, 2009, 12:31 PM »
******* potholes 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 9, 2009, 11:13 PM »
One of the things that pisses me off is the fact that it seems whenever a drunk driver hits someone the innocent person gets killed and the ******* dip**** drunk survives.  Too many times I have heard this in my life and it always seems to happen.  The only glimmer of hope is that hopefully the ******** end up in jail and get acquainted with they new boyfriends.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 10, 2009, 09:51 AM »
One of the things that pisses me off is the fact that it seems whenever a drunk driver hits someone the innocent person gets killed and the ******* dip**** drunk survives.  Too many times I have heard this in my life and it always seems to happen.  The only glimmer of hope is that hopefully the ******** end up in jail and get acquainted with they new boyfriends.

My husband's cousin is visiting this weekend with her 2 year old daughter.  Three years ago she was driving home from dropping her husband off at the airport and her mother was riding with her.  They were hit by a drunk driver.  Kelly was injured, while her mother, my husband's Aunt, was killed.  The driver kept going - he didn't have a scratch on him.  Apparently this was his fourth offense and he didn't want to get caught.  He was eventually caught is now serving a 30 year sentence (not enough).  During the trial, Kelly said he never quite got the impact of what he did - he didn't really think he deserved 30- years - more like 2 or 3.  Kelly got pregnant a few months later, but her mother never got the joy of seeing her first grandchild.  I can't wait to see her later today! 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 28, 2009, 11:03 PM »
I'm sure this is the next thread to get locked/closed - following Scum, but I thought I'd post one last time.

More of an annoyance than a pissy thing, but who in there right mind deemed the business casual dress code in office buildings?  I work in a large office roughly 100 yards away from our corporate world headquarters and men are required to wear dress pants/shirts/shoes Monday-Thursday, but women are allowed to wear shorts capris and flip flops all year round.  Everytime I turn a corner I see women that look like they're headed for the beach or a cookout.  How is that fair - especially during the summer months?  Oh well...just a rant I guess.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #950 on: May 28, 2009, 11:04 PM »
There hasn't been any discussion about locking this thread down...  Scum's got closed?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Is this not a "nasty" thread the same as the out of context one - last post was in early April for this one.  Maybe not, but I'm a *light* reader on Scum and from what I read - the pet peeve thing was closed, unless I just didn't have enough time to dig through all the crap over there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:12 PM by iFett »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #952 on: May 28, 2009, 11:15 PM »
Not really...  It's just a thread someone started to vent I think, about things that piss them off...  I don't visit it really.  The OOC thread I think just ran its course in the eyes of the staff was all. 

I'd assume the thread at Scum got closed because of some bitch-fight there.  That's 99% of why anything dies there...  Or GNT just didn't get to start a new one. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 28, 2009, 11:17 PM »
Scum's "things that irritates you" thread got shutdown because of some of the members who posted in it.  A couple of people acted like the usual Wuhers Canatnia posters, acting like children.  So the Mods (GNT) closed down the whole thread.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 28, 2009, 11:33 PM »
This certainly seems like another thread we could do away with at JD.  It just hasn't been the same fun thread lately and feels like its run its course.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #955 on: May 28, 2009, 11:45 PM »
Scum's "things that irritates you" thread got shutdown because of some of the members who posted in it.  A couple of people acted like the usual Wuhers Canatnia posters, acting like children.  So the Mods (GNT) closed down the whole thread.

Hah, I was in the ballpark of why and who...  :)  It's like I'm psychic.

This thread's brought up some fairly serious topics...  It may have run its course though, I don't know.  Drunk Driving as a problem (and personal experiences) were the last posts here though, and not too long ago...  I don't know if I'd can this one yet.  Maybe though.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 29, 2009, 09:29 AM »
This certainly seems like another thread we could do away with at JD.  It just hasn't been the same fun thread lately and feels like its run its course.

Things come up in people's lives that they bring to this thread.  There have been a few instances where people have vented about something and someone has provided a new perspective on why something was done a certain way.  While some people come here just to vent (which is the purpose of this thread), others have actually learned something.  It was never intended to be a "fun" thread (although it has been funny at times).  Perhaps your sentiments are fueled by sour grapes?

Edited to fix type -- changed "my" to "by"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:24 PM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 29, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Gum smacking and other assorted activities revolving around chewing with an open mouth.

Ketchup.

Mustard.

An overflowing garbage can.

A dirty house.

Dirty dishes.

Sorry just a little got pent up there this week.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 29, 2009, 10:54 AM »
This certainly seems like another thread we could do away with at JD.  It just hasn't been the same fun thread lately and feels like its run its course.

Things come up in people's lives that they bring to this thread.  There have been a few instances where people have vented about something and someone has provided a new perspective on why something was done a certain way.  While some people come here just to vent (which is the purpose of this thread), others have actually learned something.  It was never intended to be a "fun" thread (although it has been funny at times).  Perhaps your sentiments are fueled my sour grapes?

Well, I personally think Drunk Driving is much more than a pet peeve, so I've found some of the more recent posts in here a little offensive.  I generally just avoid it though, which seems to be par for the course since there are lengthy gaps in activity here.  I just assumed that admin were trying to clean up the forums a little, so this feels like a good candidate for lockdown, Tracy's sour grapes aside.   ;)  I'm certainly okay with keeping it open if others still enjoy it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 29, 2009, 12:05 PM »
I'm certainly okay with keeping it open if others still enjoy it.

People who overestimate the influence of their opinion.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.