Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242037 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #1080 on: January 24, 2012, 01:29 PM »
I don't know if I've posted it before, but people who don't understand the right of way.  And I don't mean people cutting me off...I mean people who think they're being nice by yeilding their own right of way.  I get it all the time here...waving me out to go first at a four way stop, waiting to turn off of a main road so I can enter it first, waiting to enter a roundabout when I'm still half a block away...sweet lord, the roundabouts.

You're not being nice...you're making the road confusing and unsafe for both of us.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34 PM »
I don't know if I've posted it before, but people who don't understand the right of way.  And I don't mean people cutting me off...I mean people who think they're being nice by yeilding their own right of way.  I get it all the time here...waving me out to go first at a four way stop, waiting to turn off of a main road so I can enter it first, waiting to enter a roundabout when I'm still half a block away...sweet lord, the roundabouts.

You're not being nice...you're making the road confusing and unsafe for both of us.

I'd like to build on that for people walking on the sidewalk or in a hall or a store.  Is it not common knowledge to stay to the right side even when you're walking?  I constantly find people moving to their left when walking at me as I am moving to my right to avoid them.  I had an Asian woman almost mow me down at Target the other day.  The worst part is, I'll offer up an "excuse me" and I just get a dirty look in return as though I'm the one in the wrong.  Seriously!?  That and when a crowd of 2+ people walk side by side and don't allow any room for people walking in the other direction.  If I am walking towards you and you are spread 5 people across, perhaps one of you should move out the way instead of forcing me to sidestep.  I swear I'm going to just start plowing through people.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1082 on: January 24, 2012, 02:39 PM »
when a crowd of 2+ people walk side by side and don't allow any room for people walking in the other direction.

Ugh, that pisses me off too.  If there are four of you, then walk 2x2 down the hallway and leave some room dammit.  You don't have to be 4across, arm-in-arm like you're skipping down the friggin' yellow brick road or something.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 24, 2012, 03:16 PM »
when a crowd of 2+ people walk side by side and don't allow any room for people walking in the other direction.

Ugh, that pisses me off too.  If there are four of you, then walk 2x2 down the hallway and leave some room dammit.  You don't have to be 4across, arm-in-arm like you're skipping down the friggin' yellow brick road or something.   ::)

The place this pisses me off most is at amusement parks...especially Disney.  Enormous extended families in matching t-shirts clustered together everywhere in groups of 30.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 24, 2012, 04:30 PM »

This!  Also, don't walk in the door of Target or Walmart or the grocery store and then stop dead in the entrance and try to figure out where you're going.  I can't tell you how many times I've almost run over someone from behind because they walk in the door and just stop.

Like Jman said, one of these days I'm going to just start pushing people out of my way.  I have a feeling that the first time I find myself standing over some Cornell ******bag, who is face down in the Target entrace with my boot on his neck, it's going to be the happiest day I've ever had.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 24, 2012, 05:25 PM »
I have a feeling that the first time I find myself standing over some Cornell ******bag...

Why are we being singled out specifically?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 25, 2012, 02:44 AM »
Because after navigating the treacherous parking lot full of Daddy-supplied Lexus, Acura and Navigators, you have to get past the I Slammeda Ho and Tapa Kega Day Jersey transplants to actually get into the store.

Don't get me wrong, Cornell provides a good education and a lot of eye candy, but when I'm battling triple-digit rent increases because everyone caters to the rich students, I don't have any patience left for putting up with there **** when I just want to walk through a store to pick up one or two things and maybe check the toy aisle.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 25, 2012, 04:39 AM »
I already walk into people who don't move and call them dicks if they stop dead in front of me. I'm lucky I don't live in America as I would probably have been shot numerous times by now and no NHS to take out the bullets!
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 25, 2012, 05:54 PM »

I have a feeling that the first time I find myself standing over some Cornell ******bag, who is face down in the Target entrace with my boot on his neck, it's going to be the happiest day I've ever had.

E...

Because after navigating the treacherous parking lot full of Daddy-supplied Lexus, Acura and Navigators, you have to get past the I Slammeda Ho and Tapa Kega Day Jersey transplants to actually get into the store.

Don't get me wrong, Cornell provides a good education and a lot of eye candy, but when I'm battling triple-digit rent increases because everyone caters to the rich students, I don't have any patience left for putting up with there **** when I just want to walk through a store to pick up one or two things and maybe check the toy aisle.

E...

Wow.  That stereotype doesn't fit a single one of the 25 people I knew best during my tenure at Cornell.  Speaking for myself, my parents didn't go to much school past high school, my Dad was a construction worker for 40 years and my mom was a secretary.  I took loans for almost the entire amount of my tuition at Cornell and then went into another quarter million in debt to put myself through dental school.  Most of those I knew best who ended up in medical  school after trying for years to get in have similar stories.  Nobody gave me anything.  I don't doubt you might have met a few people like the ones you described along the way, you can find them at any school really, but you've really created an alternate reality of what most of us are like.  P.S. I drive a Ford.  My last car was a Ford.  And my next car will be a Ford.  And if my kids want to go to Cornell, God bless 'em.  They're taking a loan for it, and paying for their own car.  The same way me and my Cornell friends did.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:58 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 26, 2012, 07:56 AM »

Well said!  This bugs the crap out of me too.  The entire idea of right-of-way is so that drivers will be able to predict who will do what in a given situation.  Those who take it when it isn't theirs are just a touch worse than those that yield it when they shouldn't.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 26, 2012, 07:57 AM »

This!  Also, don't walk in the door of Target or Walmart or the grocery store and then stop dead in the entrance and try to figure out where you're going.  I can't tell you how many times I've almost run over someone from behind because they walk in the door and just stop.

Like Jman said, one of these days I'm going to just start pushing people out of my way.  I have a feeling that the first time I find myself standing over some Cornell ******bag, who is face down in the Target entrace with my boot on his neck, it's going to be the happiest day I've ever had.

E...

This one is right near the top of my list.  God does this irritate me!

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 26, 2012, 11:56 AM »

Well said!  This bugs the crap out of me too.  The entire idea of right-of-way is so that drivers will be able to predict who will do what in a given situation.  Those who take it when it isn't theirs are just a touch worse than those that yield it when they shouldn't.

The yielders yield when they don't have to because of people who take the right of way when they shouldn't. The yielders lack driving confidence and would rather let everyone go first so they can clear the field for their own manoeuvre.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 26, 2012, 01:09 PM »
My pet peeve is people that have pet peeves.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 26, 2012, 04:16 PM »

So apparently you annoy yourself?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 26, 2012, 04:53 PM »

So apparently you annoy yourself?

That was funny! Thanks for the laugh!