Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 242034 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2004, 05:39 PM »
So I'm sitting behind this b!tch (who was yapping on a cell phone) at a stop light (in the left hand lane) eager to get home after a day at my sh!t hole job.  The light had just turned red, so we sat there through one round of light changes.  Both lanes go straight or you can go left from the left hand lane.  Now I assume the car in front of me is going straight like I'm going to because she didn't have her blinker on.  Wrong.  She waits until the light changes before she finally puts her blinker on.  Now I'm stuck behind her waiting for her to turn where I could have been in the right hand lane had she put her blinker on at the appropriate time.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #151 on: May 5, 2004, 02:18 PM »
3 new ones

Commercials in addition to trailers at the movies
Video tapes that take 10 minutes to rewind
Seeing the same commercial 20 times while watching a sporting event

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 5, 2004, 03:35 PM »
Maybe it's my age catching up with me, but I now have zero, zip, nada, nil tolerance for any commercials of any type. I don't watch a lot of tv, but when I do, I mute it and read something or do something whenever any commercial comes on. Every now and then a rented dvd will have a commercial on it and because it sometimes won't allow me to skip past it, I ignore it profusely by also muting and doing something else. My dislike for all commercials has also become so bad that while watching PBS during the seemingly "weekly" pledge drives, I refuse to watch those segments that have the "star" of the current PBS show hocking their items to get pledges. It's just a glorified commercial and it's now on PBS of all places! No, Rick Steves, I don't want to pay $150 to receive a VHS tape of you trouncing through Italy wearing corduroy OP shorts and a fanny pack, speaking poor Italian to every deer-caught-in-the-headlights European you meet.  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 5, 2004, 03:39 PM »
I'll agree with that sentiment....I can't stand it when there are commercials/previews on a DVD that you aren't allowed to skip.  I know that I bought my wife the Lion King DVD last fall, and we have to watch all of that crap prior to the movie every time.  At least we haven't been able to skip it.  Quite frustrating :).

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 5, 2004, 04:35 PM »
Parents that sit in their SUV and watch the baseball game and beep after every single frickin' pitch their kid throws.  Ball, strike, wild pitch....hell it didn't matter, this stupid guy just layed on his horn.  Then, he finally gets his fat-ass out of the vehicle to go give Junior some words of encouragement and the stupid bimbo wife slides over and starts honking and waving...WTF???  

Needless to say when nutbag finally laid off the horn, I said in my most cheerleaderish voice "What a bunch of a-holes, if she does that again I am going to have one of the players miss a pratice ball and send it through her windshield" so that the dick-headed dad could hear me.  At least he listened because when he waddled back to his car, they just sat their like stone statues and watched the rest of the game.  I did feel sorry for the kid though, you could tell his teammates were giving him crap and his parents were just so stoopid it's incredible.

Ahh...I feel so much better now....what a great thread :)

Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 5, 2004, 04:40 PM »

...the dick-headed dad could hear me....

I've always liked you Beth, but you just moved up the ladder.  Never knew you had it in ya. ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 5, 2004, 04:42 PM »
A couple of things that bug me that I have notice more so now are:
People who expect me to shop for them while I'm at work instead of getting the items themselfs.

People who blame me and my fellow coworkers for leaving behind they bags but they will blame us for not giving the bags to them.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #157 on: May 5, 2004, 05:00 PM »
I've always liked you Beth, but you just moved up the ladder.  Never knew you had it in ya. ;)

Exactly what I was coming in here to say Mikey!   8)

Yes, that was most impressive Beth!  If you and I weren't married, I might be inclined to ask you out...   ;D  I knew there was a little bit of that in ya', but you far exceeded my expectations!  Excellent work.  Please keep us posted if you have any exciting updates on the matter - like if you kick the livin' snot out of that "nutbag a-hole" at the next game.   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 6, 2004, 12:14 AM »
If you and I weren't married, I might be inclined to ask you out...  

That would be disturbing, if I didn't technically own Patty :-*

Not that it should come as a big surprise, but like Beth, I have no problem shooting off my mouth (I mean that as a complement).  

My favorite is when people park along the front of a mall, usually in front of a walmart because they'll only be a minute.  If the timing is right and I'm passing by as they come out, I'll usually ask the following question: is that piano heavy?  To which they dumbfoundedly reply what piano?  My reply being the one tied to your ass that made it so hard to walk across the ******* parking lot!

Another time my mouth got me in quasi-trouble.  I was late getting in to work after dropping the kid off.  The admin blabber mouth up front immediately started pestering me about being late and why it was so and that it wouldn't happen if I was a good employee and moved out of the city and lived in town like I was supposed to >:(  It's about 45 steps across the front of the admin area to my office and she nattered away the whole time.  I got to my office, turned around and in a rather livid voice yelled maybe for once it's none of your ******* business.  Yes, I used *******, not the more literal term and it was a damn good thing.  You see, my brand new bosses office is all of two doors, about 10 feet from mine.  It was his first day there that morning and he heard/saw it all.  I'm sitting in my office not more than a minute later, he walks to my doorway, smiles, shakes his head and walks away.   :o  Hasn't fired me yet.  Yet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #159 on: May 6, 2004, 02:30 AM »
Things that piss me off:
Pain reliever that doesn't work. Need some damn vicodin, or something.

Working all f---ing day Saturday, and going in next week, having nothing to do for two days, and then, on  Wednesday, all hell breaks loose. Good thing I'm going to St. Louis on Saturday and Sunday, otherwise I'd have to work.

The assheads on Sportscenter who analyze everything to death. I just want the highlights from MLB and Nascar, not your poorly-delivered prefab banter. And stop wearing your ties so tight. Your heads look like balloons.

Cell phone commercials. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph,  they're all so confusing, just please stop.

Dickheads who try to kill me when I'm biking. I can be on an empty road, and some ******* will always come too close, trying to either crush beneath his Chevy Blazer or break my arm with his rearview. I swear, if it gets much worse, I'm going to detach my seat and beat the next guilty ****** to death with it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2004, 01:34 PM »
Doug Christie raising his hand after every basket he makes

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2004, 08:49 PM »
Wal*Mart express lanes.

I went to buy Chappelles Show Season 1 DVD, with some early 18th Birthday cash. I decide, since I only had the DVD, I would go and use the machine.The package clearly says NR.

I start to ring up, and a loud voice says "CLEARANCE NEEDED! PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE." I check my pocket and see that I dont have my ID (in case I needed to be over 17), so I say screw it, and press Cancel. "YOU HAVE SELECTED CANCEL. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT THIS OPTION?" Now, I should interject that I don't like to draw attention of this sort. People are begining to look at me, and I am getting pissed. "CANCEL HAS BEEN SELECTED. CONFIRM?" I push yes. "CANCEL CLEARANCE NEEDED. PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE." Now, there are 12 people behind me, and a bunch in the line next to me, and I'm embarased and red :-[.

The clerk comes over and asks "Do you want this?" I explain, no, because I don't have ID on me. "Do you want this?" 'No dude, I don't. I just said that. "Are you sure?"

Then...I lost my cool. I told the guy what I thought of his stupid machine, and his ****** customer service. I think I called him a nerf fart or somthing. I was very embarased, and I still am.

I hate those machines. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2004, 02:07 AM »
I made the mistake of buying a six-pack at a self-checkout last night. I had about $20 worth of food and Ghostbusters on DVD. I rang everything up, then passed the beer through. I had to wait until some employee came over and looked at my ID. Of course, it was a cashier and not one of the ten employees who were standing around shootin' the ****. It took ten minutes, nine of which were waiting for the clearance.

F*ck Wal-Mart.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2004, 11:18 AM »
Brown nosing.
We've recently gone through a change of ownership here at work, accompanied by an influx of new management. It seems every day I hear some simpleton outside my office chatting up one of the new directors. Not your normal "Hello," "How ya doin'?" stuff, but more like a steady stream of compliments to the CEO or VPs like "I haven't seen you around lately. Have you been on vacation? You look so tan and well-rested!" or "I hear you bought a new place in Tahoe. It's quite lovely. Do you like to ski? You look like a skier!" Mind you, these brown nosers are not this chatty with anyone else...and some are downright rude to talk with. Yeah, it doesn't really affect me directly, but hearing it right outside my office door is just sickening sometimes. Maybe if the new management wasn't slowly and secretly letting people go, I'd be able to take it better, but for now it's all I can do not to lose my friskies.  :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2004, 02:45 PM »
Haircut banter with the barber ::)  Cut my damn hair and let me get out of here as fast as I can ::) ::) ::)