Author Topic: 30AC "Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack  (Read 51865 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: "The Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack
« Reply #105 on: November 5, 2006, 11:30 AM »
I'll get 2 if I find them on clearance, otherwise none.

same here
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 5, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Another Q&A impies that the RFT heads are new sculpts and based off of film characters. :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 5, 2006, 11:36 AM »
Another Q&A impies that the RFT heads are new sculpts and based off of film characters. :D

yes that is a very good thing...i wonder what they meant by 'identities yet to be revealed'. maybe they are uncredited actors or will appear in the 3D or live action series?  :o  ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 6, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Nahhh. I'm sure both were in the opening sequence of ANH. I'd bet one is the blue eye'd white haired guy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 6, 2006, 05:12 PM »
While I personally think that the Evo Stormie is not a great choice, as long as it's clean, I can do some army building, but the wide stance will make them not match the others. Perhaps they'd make good squad leaders.

Odds are they'll be dirty. 

I'm still confused on why they would use a superior stormie mold (which by the looks of it, I'm in love with) for the back of the box but use a totally different mold for the actual toy...

It's little things like this that piss me off to no end.  For once I'm excited about a toy and then I learn more about it....and it all goes to crap.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 6, 2006, 09:41 PM »
While I personally think that the Evo Stormie is not a great choice, as long as it's clean, I can do some army building, but the wide stance will make them not match the others. Perhaps they'd make good squad leaders.

I'm still confused on why they would use a superior stormie mold (which by the looks of it, I'm in love with) for the back of the box but use a totally different mold for the actual toy...

It's little things like this that piss me off to no end.  For once I'm excited about a toy and then I learn more about it....and it all goes to crap.

Same exact thoughts here
Momar and Fester

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 7, 2006, 11:25 AM »

:'(  >:(
truer words have never been spoken...err, uhh...posted.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 7, 2006, 03:18 PM »
I see that SSG has some boxed and loose pics up of this (and the Dagobah/Geonosis) battle pack - it looks like the Stormtroopers are indeed "dirty".  Also, at least in the loose pic, Darth Vader has a blue lightsaber - which I'm sure will be fixed.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: November 7, 2006, 03:43 PM »
That loose pic (Vader with the wrong Saber  ::)) gives me even more hope that it's just a mock-up. 

I'm still holding out hope that they just grabbed whatever they could for these catalog images and that explains the dirty Sormies and the wrong Vader saber.  If not, then this is by far the crappiest piece of crap they've ever churned out. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 7, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Another error: the Stormtrooper belts are backwards. ::)
« Last Edit: November 7, 2006, 03:52 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: November 8, 2006, 03:27 AM »
I gotta be honest that the sculpt choice doesn't bother me, it's the dirt that does, but either way I can't see myself wanting the set because A) I don't need Darth Vader again, B) The Rebel Fleet Trooper sucks well beyond a new head with Antilles' helmet, and C) 2 Stormtrooper army builders can't get me at this point.

I'll get some casts of the heads Hasbro makes, and if any of you guys wind up not wanting the Storm/Sandtrooper figures you can look me up.  I'd probably buy.  I like the Evolution sculpt just fine and could use more.

And the Fleet Trooper sucks as hard now as it did in POTJ and Saga so Hasbro's not fooling me.  It's not "decent", it never was "decent", and only a super articluated resculpt will suffice at this point.  So there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 8, 2006, 08:36 AM »
Let us not overlook the fact that they included the woefully small compact version of the Rebel Blaster.

Why not give us the much improved version we got with Antilles/Vander and the Endor Rebels.

I'll snag a set, if for nothing else, a couple SA Stormtroopers (hopefully not dirty) and some more Antilles Helmets...

I want a new SA RFT as well, but at this point, I don't see it happening.

Can anybody tell if those heads are Ball Jointed?  Or are they just the standard post?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 8, 2006, 09:35 AM »
That loose pic (Vader with the wrong Saber  ::)) gives me even more hope that it's just a mock-up. 

I also noticed that the RFT blasters in the loose shot are different from the packaged ones.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 8, 2006, 10:17 AM »

I also noticed that the RFT blasters in the loose shot are different from the packaged ones.

:o

argggg....HASBRO!!!!  >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 8, 2006, 10:43 AM »

I'm still holding out hope that they just grabbed whatever they could for these catalog images and that explains the dirty Sormies and the wrong Vader saber.  If not, then this is by far the crappiest piece of crap they've ever churned out. 
Choppers anyone? Unleashed BPs?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m