Author Topic: 30AC "Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack  (Read 51853 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: "The Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2007, 11:07 PM »
A buddy of mine picked up 4 sets, two each from different stores. The first 2 he opened up had only dark-haired RFTs, the second 2 had only brown haired ones. I picked up 2 sets last night from a totally different store. One BP has 1 of each trooper the other has both dark hair.

If getting both troopers is important to you, inspect the package at the store.

What?  Variant Battle Backs?  UGH!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Ok, I finally opened one of mine.  Let me say that I love removable helmets on Rebels and non Jango Clone imps...but that was not enough to save this one for me.

Keep in mind I committed to at least 3 or more sets, so I was not a nay-sayer from the get go...

The head sculpts on the Rebs are terrible.  They are very BBI-ish and I have never been a fan of their Head Sculpts in the 1:18 line.

They are different sculpts though, not just a Dark Haired and Light Haired version of the same sculpt.  Maybe once the suffer from the fact that they are on a questionable body at best and are stuck with the woefully underscaled blaster.. but I really am not inclined to go pick up set #3 now.

The stormtroopers are great (aside from having Sandtrooper belts) and I can now stop trying to remove the "stains" from my Evo Troopers...

I think there was a Darth Vader in there too, but I threw him away with the packaging...I have so many different DV's already, I am afraid they would breed and make more...

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2007, 11:24 PM »

I think there was a Darth Vader in there too, but I threw him away with the packaging...I have so many different DV's already, I am afraid they would breed and make more...

I made the mistake of putting my Vader with the 50 other Vaders I have. I woke this morning to 25 little Vaders running around my place. The worst part is they all have the 500th Vader articulation.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: March 1, 2007, 12:40 AM »
I've seen only one of this set so far and let my gf's kid have it...  I want one set just for the Reb's heads to cast them and the Impy's for my army, but I'm gonna not be doing much army building for sure.  I can't justify the price for 2 nice Stormtroopers...  The Rebels suck hard, regardless of removable helmets (a nice update, but not enough to make it a nice figure...  Just good generic headsculpt fodder).

Fleet Troopers eat ****, but don't die.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 1, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Went looking for this set yesterday, but alas, found none.  I want just one to have a couple variant rebels and a couple more Stormies.  Paul, it's nice to read an objective review from you and Jesse over here though, because most people once buying something will defend it no matter what  :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 1, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I make no delusional claims about it. I'm buying this set just for the Stormies. I'll give the Vaders away and trade away the RFT's after the first two sets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 1, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I opened the 2nd Set today.  I did not check before hand, but I got 2 troopers with the same hair color.  I'll get pics up when I can get the  camera charged up to show the differences.

The helmet is nice though on the RFT.

So  now after being negative, I will go ahead and snag set #3 to get an even number of hair colors on my extra Rebel Heads.  It won't hurt to have 2 more stormtroopers either.

I made the mistake of putting my Vader with the 50 other Vaders I have. I woke this morning to 25 little Vaders running around my place. The worst part is they all have the 500th Vader articulation.

Why can't we breed out the impurities instead of making them more dominant..

The Rebels suck hard, regardless of removable helmets (a nice update, but not enough to make it a nice figure...  Just good generic headsculpt fodder).

Fleet Troopers eat ****, but don't die.

When they came out the first time, I had a more soft view than JJ on this figure...I was so disappointed with the POTF2 Rebel BEEF Trooper that the Saga I update was really neat to me.

All this really does is make me want another better one.  The Ceremonial Guard guy won't help that either...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 1, 2007, 12:37 PM »
I just want the Stormies too... I wish it was a damn 5 pack of that Stormtrooper.  I'd buy 20 sets then.

:P

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 1, 2007, 07:21 PM »
wont be coming up north will it?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 1, 2007, 09:42 PM »
wont be coming up north will it?

I don't see why it wouldn't - it isn't an exclusive.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 1, 2007, 10:00 PM »
not many BP make their way to Canada. i have seen the attack of the clones one once but that was a couple weeks ago and they never came back.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 1, 2007, 10:48 PM »
The Rebel Fleet Troopers aren't dressed warm enough to handle the cold up here.  :P

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 2, 2007, 09:42 AM »
The Rebel Fleet Troopers aren't dressed warm enough to handle the cold up here.  :P

damn why didnt i think of that. it all makes sense now. ;)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 2, 2007, 02:40 PM »

damn why didnt i think of that. it all makes sense now. ;)

Well the cold causes shrinkage...just ask the Saga Hoth Soldier...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 2, 2007, 04:41 PM »
God I hate that figure!

Coming in 2008 as an exclusive to Canada - the Ultimate Hoth Battle Pack....

:P