Author Topic: 30AC "Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack  (Read 51842 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: "The Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2006, 12:01 PM »
i certainly hope hasbro releases this bp on the scale it says its going to. i want 7. between the clean stormys and the removable helmet rft's this will be a pretty damn good set
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2006, 02:13 PM »
Espeacally when it'sthe second best stormie sculpt.:D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Espeacally when it'sthe second best stormie sculpt.:D

Second best? I'd say VOTC is the first best stormie sculpt, wouldn't you?
Yo is what yo is.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2006, 04:28 PM »
The BP Stormtrooper is the Evolutions sandtrooper, not the VOTC.  I'm not too crazy about modern figures without waist articulation.  Seems like a major point to ger rid of to save a few cents.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 3, 2007, 10:00 AM »
Now that we have a nicer Basic figure stormie on the way, is this going to effect quantities of this set purchased? I'm still considering using the stormies in this pack as squad leaders, so for me, it's looking like a no.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 3, 2007, 11:41 AM »
Well if these are the evolution sculpt but are clean, I'm thinking this is still a good set.  Count me in for many sets if that is the case.  I really like the evolution sculpt for whatever reason.

;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2007, 02:59 AM »

We've got a spiffy new photo of the Tantive IV battlepack Fleet Trooper sans helmet.  Nice enough headsculpt for me to not mind TOO much the obsolete figure it's attached to.  Something worth casting IMO.  I'm not so sure it resembles anyone from the scene as was rumored but hey it's generic enough anyway.

Word is that both figures are teh same headsculpt but I'm not sure on that either.  I thought one was the grey sideburned older trooper but I don't know. 

Removable helmet's a single step in the right direction on the figure. ;)  Now another 20 steps and they've acheived perfection, heh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Interesting to see that Mark X also has the Stormtrooper from this set up for sale, but it's the dirty one. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2007, 10:35 AM »
He received a few of the "reject" sets (the ones with the dirty troopers) that he is selling:

Hasbro still says that the set is being corrected though, so no worries on getting clean stormies eventually...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Yeah, SSG had pictures of the pack that showed clearly clean Stormtroopers and such...  No mixed molds either, just Evo Sandies without dirt.  I'm sure since Hasbro's said that's the deal, that it is what we're getting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2007, 08:46 PM »
I was going to buy this pack regardless.  But the removeable helmets on the Blockade troopers is a plus.  I actually like the Rebel Fleet Troopers scuplt for the most part.  Granted I will snatch up a new version if they ever make them but they are a decent trooper builder IMO.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2007, 11:36 PM »
I actually like the Rebel Fleet Troopers scuplt for the most part. 

i kinda do too.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2007, 12:23 AM »
Oh I like the sculpt as an upgrade too...  Don't take my bashing of it totally the wrong way.  I bash it as an action figure though, especially when compared to anything in the last 3 years or so, but as far as sculpt accuracy goes it's definitely quality...  My bashing goes to a lot of other aspects of the figure than its sculpt.

The removable helmet's a nice addition too, and eases the pain of buying this pack for me...  I still wont' army build it though, but I'll be more inclined to keep these Troopers around for "dead" guys maybe even when (not if) a new sculpt of the RFT surfaces...  They're good for that with removable helmets.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2007, 12:14 PM »
My whole thing about the RFT is that we've seen what Hasbro can do with a 14 point articulated ball jointed SA VOTC stormtrooper/ SAGA2 sandie ($7), yet we continue to get **** like the new Endor Rebel, this RFT, etc., when we all know damn well that for $7 they could give us a new RFT with 14 points of articulation with ball jointed shoulders/elbows/knees.

At this point, 14 points with ball jointed shoulders and elbows and elbows should be standard.  If the DSG and Sandtrooper can get it, they can all get it.

Hasbro just does such a half-assed job.  I've become very selective in what I buy, often times leaving 30-50% of any given wave behind on the pegs between repacks, repaints, POOR articulation/half-assedness etc.

A bit of a rant here, sorry.  But I'm sick of these half-assed figures.  I don't care if the RFT has a removable helmet.  I'm still not biting.  Do it right, all in one shot.  Don't give me a beefed up musclehead RFT, then a slightly better one, then one with a removable helmet, and then finally the ultimate version.

I want one RFT done right, all in one shot, then I'll take 30 of them.

This one, I'm not buying.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:17 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2007, 01:51 PM »
But you are in the minority and Hasbro knows it.  The general mentality is well, it's better than what we currently have and that is precisely what Hasbro is banking on.  There are guys out there that army build and will probably replace all of their RFTs with this guy and will do so once again when that ultimate version comes out (or however many times in the interim a better figure comes out). 

Guys like you have the willpower to not buy it and that's cool.  If everyone did it that would be awesome and the message would be sent, maybe three times and we wouldn't deal with this.  The converse though might be we'd run out of production figures sooner since they can't milk a particular character/figure for as long as they often do.  Not good business from their perspective.

The other negative is that folks like me are just so generally frustrated that it's driving us towards other lines.  Prior to ROTS I don't think I skipped a single sculpt of any figure, no matter how craptastic.  But now it's to the point of where I'm sick of seeing something resculpted so soon afterwards.  Sure, it's better (compare Jedi from ROTS to those from AOTC) but I still might not buy it simply because I'm tired of doing so.  Seemingly though I'm in a minority. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.