Author Topic: Hey Everyone  (Read 2672 times)

Offline JeffGlow

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Hey Everyone
« on: July 2, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say hey! I am a regular poster over at RS and decided to sign up here too. As far as collecting and Star Wars... I collect mostly vintage and have about 30 carded figures. I don't collect anything modern unless its R5-D4 (focus I have been working on). If you want to know more or just say hi feel free to send me a PM or email.

-Jeff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hey Everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 3, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Hey Jeff, welcome over here...  I recognize the name from Scum but you came in when a lot of the people here had already taken off from those forums on some level or another.

R5 focus eh?  Well that's been a probably fairly easy focus when it comes to modern. :)  This year would've been big though.

Enjoy the site and if you have any questions just ask...  Feel free to jump into the talk.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: July 3, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Welcome to JD!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 3, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Hey Jeff! Nice to see you over in these parts. I hope you like it here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 5, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Hey Jeff, nice to see you stop on by and visit with ye olde JD gang...  Hopefully you dig the friendly vibe around here and stick around!  Drop us a line if you've got any questions, comments, or suggestions about anything.

So are you eventually shooting for a complete carded vintage set, or are you just working on a subset or two for now?  Slim pickin's on the R5 front, I'd imagine, especially in relation to the modern line.  I'm sure being a vintage collector you're tracking down all kinds of goodies for that one figure though, like proofs, hardcopies, 4-ups (I think that's what they're called), etc...  So, did you actually count that Star Tours R5 droid as R5-D4, or not?

Anyway, good to have you around.  Looking forward to chatting with you 'round the boards here.

- Matt

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 6, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Glad you're aboard Jeff; looking forward to some good droid discussions with you included. Perhaps you could open a thread on a droid topic, then? See you around.

--J

Offline JeffGlow

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 6, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Thanx for the warm responses! To answer a few questions, I was working on a R5 vintage set, but loans for school has put that on the back-burner. So far I have an R5 on ESB card, 2 Jedi carded, and 1 Tri-logo.

I still try to collect modern R5 figures but I havent had the time or money lately. Not to sound like a vintage collecting snob, but alot of the modern stuff is readily available on ebay for relatively low prices so I know if I want it I can get it.   :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 10:30 PM »
Welcome Jeff.

I don't go into this section nearly as often as I should to welcome everyone, but it's great to see another one of the old gang over here.