Author Topic: Monstermonkey's customs- 11/1 update  (Read 16023 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Monstermonkey's customs- 7/20: QUESTION FOR CUSTOMIZERS!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 02:02 PM »
My first custom figure is a Galactic Marine, which I made in March this year. I got tired of waiting for Hasbro to come up with one and thus entered the world o'customizing! I don't mind Hasbro making one now. Thank God they live up to their responsability!
I'll make an SA Bacara too, with removable helmet, despite the fact that I have 5 Bacaras.

I have ideas for Kass Tod, Tott Doneeta for instance, but wouldn't be 'offended' or something like that if Hasbro decides to make those in the future.

I guess the fun of making your own figures outweighs the Hasbro factor big time  ;D

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 02:33 PM »
True, the fun IS in making your own figures. That SA Bacara sounds cool, I'd love to see it when you're done.
I also made a Galactic Marine last year when the list of '06 figures surfaced and he was nowhere to be found on it. Then I find out he's coming out next year....oh well, I'll just stick him in with the Hasbro version, I hope to get 4 or 5 and have a little Death of Ki Adi Mundi diorama.
Here he is, btw:

He's made from a Saga Snowtrooper (head and backpack) and a Com. Bacara body. I added some sculpey for the boots.
Anyone have any comparison shots of their own customs vs. the Hasbro versions?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 11:26 PM »
That's a great question, about how you feel when you make a custom and Hasbro ends up making it themselves.

For me, I am in the same boat as master brisk arpor, usually I make fan-fic stuff.  But there are certainly times when I make a figure, only for Hasbro to make it later and do a lot better than I did.

So, the one type of custom I try to avoid if I can is making a lot of army-builders.  I figure eventually Hasbro will get to those and do much better than me!

:)

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Here's some pics of various Imperials:

Ep. 3 Tarkin (better color scheme)

Simple repaint, just made his uniform a darker gray.

Imperial Commanders

These are just head swaps at the moment, I might go back and repaint their uniforms. The one on the left is Capt. Antilles, the one on the right is Ric Olie. They make good background scene filler.

Death Squad Commander (vintage color scheme)

This guy I'm not completely happy with. The helmet is hand sculpted, if I could I would have cast the Hasbro one. He was made from a bunch of leftovers- AT-AT Commander's lower body, EU Cloud Car Pilot torso and arms,and an old GI Joe head (Flash?). I might redo the helmet.

Chief Bast

This is another one that I might redo.....the head is from an old Adventure People figure, I originally made it for a vintage version of this character. I had it laying around my custom box and decided to hollow it out and pop it on a TSC Veers.  I swapped out the hands for a 21 Century WW2 Soldier.

Lemme know what you all think, thanks!
Mike

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Well when I make a custom and then Hasbro makes one, I pick whichever version I like better and display it. The other one either becomes fodder or sits on a different shelf.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Monstermonkey's customs- 7/24: CLONE WARS!
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Here's some customs from The Clone Wars:

Roron Corobb

Here's my take on this guy- he's a POTF2 Hammerhead with sleeves and pants made from milliput. I painted him a slightly darker color brown too. The saber handle is made from the muzzle of Takeel's rifle, with a misc. blue blade. I tried to make him in a style that was a cross between realistic and animated. I'm pretty happy with the way he came out, he's one of my favorites.

Sha'a Gi

I loved this guy the second I saw him. The high strung stoner of The Clone Wars is made from a Nikto Jedi body, a Luke (w/ T16) head, a small piece of plastic coated wire for  a padawan braid, and someone's green saber. If you laid off the funny stuff, you'd still be alive today, young Jedi! See, kids? Drugs are bad.

Capt. Fordo

This guy was in a few episodes of CW, earlier on he had a standard looking Clone Commander outfit, but in the 3rd season he had this helmet with the cool eyes on it.  The best part is when he's getting overwhelmed by Battle Droids and he throws his rifle at them. He's a repainted #41 Clone Trooper, with a Com. Bacara shoulder pauldron, AT-RT Driver's oversized rifle, and Lak Sivrak's pistol.

Lemme know what you think!
Mike

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 05:07 PM »
I love the paint aps on the Fordo! Nice job!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 01:15 PM »
Here's some clones- everyone does them, I'm no different.

I made these guys during the winter, and now it looks like they're actually making the lime green and blue stripe ones, but that's cool. The black one is actually a metallic black, it looks nicer in person.

Commander Neyo

This was a quick draw clone with a resculpted helmet and bandolier. I need to get a better pic of his helmet, it looks messed up here.

V-Wing Pilot and Oddball

The V-Wing Pilot is a repainted Clone Pilot with a resculpted helmet. Oddball is slightly repainted to have a more movie accurate helmet, which unfortunately you can't see in the pic.

More to come!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 08:17 PM »
All of those look pretty good, expecially Fordo.  It's the cleanest paint job out of all those I think.  Roron Corob really looks nice too, especially how the eyes come to life!

:)

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Monstermonkey's customs- 7/28 update
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 11:36 AM »
Here's some original/fanfic customs:

Shlubbin- Snivvian farmer/peasant

I really like the look of the Snaggletooth bunch. This is a Takeel body with a Zutton head. The floppy hat comes from some unknown figure, I got it in a big lot of random figs and acc. from eBay. The staff is from Yak Face, but I'd like to find a rake or something for him to tend his crops with.

Viggo

Ok, this isn't an original design, he's based on this Minature:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/SWmini/swminiUH28rodianls.jpg
I made him a bounty hunter instead of a gangster, but liked the ring of "Vigo"so I added a "g". Now he's named after the Lord of the Rings dude and that ties all of geekdom together.
Anyway, he's made from a VTSC Greedo upper body with ROTS Saesee Tiin legs and a VTSC Han Endor trenchcoat. The trench was repainted grayish, but the pic made it look like it wasn't painted at all! Weird. Oh, and he has 2 Supersize Me Han Blasters from POTF2.

Myan Maw- Barfly

This guy likes to drink. He's a repainted Swamp Thing figure. I'm planning on putting him in The Kasbaah, my custom cantina (whenever I get around to tackling that project).

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Monstermonkey's customs- 7/28 update
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Man, I really enjoy your work!

Very refreshing look, you've got to your work.

The paint aps on Capt. Fordo just blow me away. Very Clean Percise work.

The Eyes on Roron Corobb really make this custom fit right in with the rest of the Animated line.

Shlubbin looks great I like the floppy hat, really sells this guy as a farmer.

Viggo is my favorite of the lot. I had no idea that Saesee Tiin's legs looked that cool. A couple of suggestion though, If he is going to be using two Blaster he should have double holsters, and I'd use smaller Guns.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Fritzkrieg

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Monstermonkey's customs- 8/16 update
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Alright, here's a long overdue update. I actually have finished several more customs in the last few weeks, but I still have to take pics of them. In the meantime, here's some older ones.....

Diva Shaliqua

One of Jabba's Episode I slave girls. She's a Slave Leia body with Sculpey pant legs with a Rystall head, minus those face horn things.

Naboo Starfighter Pilot

Sure, it looks like Han Solo, but its not. Ric Olie body, POTF2 Han Endor head.

Mos Espa Spacer

This guy can be seen wandering around Mos Espa when Darth Maul's probe droid flies by. He's a Saga Snowtrooper body with some unknown old Tonka race car driver figure's head. The backpack is from the G.I. Joe figure, Blowtorch. This figure came about when I had a body left over from making my Galactic Marine, and for a long time couldn't figure out what to do with it. He would've ended up a fanfic bounty hunter or something but the Ep.1 skull-faced spacer always stuck out to me, so here he is.

Aks Moe

I had an extra Ask Akk when I got one of those TRU bundled up 2 packs of ROTS figures (I think the other one was Tarkin) and the only thing I could think of at the time was another Gran senator. I added some sculpey to the torso to make his inner robe a little different. He's good background filler.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2006, 09:54 PM »
does anyone know where i can get atleast twenty DEADITEs ? ebay dosen't have anyone selling army builders? i''m very interested in this will buy.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Great looking additions to your work. Extra props for making the first custom I have seen of the Mos Espa Spacer. I've always liked the look of that character. Hopefully Hasbro will give him an action figure one day.

Keep up the great work,
Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2006, 03:28 AM »
I saw some "Army of Darkness" figures on smalljoes.com.
Great work!
I really like the Snivvian farmer/peasant.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...