Author Topic: Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?  (Read 13570 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?
« on: April 14, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Maybe the "collectors" area is a more appropriate place for this, so I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum for this.  With the "hit and miss" quality that TSC figures have had in my area so far (although I've been fairly fortunate so far), I've started to consider ordering cases for the upcoming OT waves (Tatooine, and maybe Endor, in particular).  I've personally never done the case route, and I was curious if anyone could offer some advice.  Where is the best place to go?  I've read a lot of posts of people having good luck with Newforce, and I know that Entertainment Earth carries the assortments as well.  Which is the best bet (price, actually getting the product, timeliness, etc.).  With many of the price jumps this year at retail, it doesn't look like online ordering would be too much more expensive.  I'm not sure if I should go this route or not, but I really don't want to miss out on this upcoming waves and I don't always have as many opportunities to hit the stores at the right times.  Anyways....any advice on case ordering and/or your experiences with it?

thread title edited for clarity - Jeff
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:12 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Ordering TSC Cases?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 01:45 PM »
I tend to use www.NewForceComics.com as my source.

NewForce is going to be the cheapest ($72 plus about $8 shipping), but there is alway the chance you won't get your order because they sometimes get shorted by Hasbro (since they don't do the volume of EE).

If your main concern is that you know that you will get your order, your best bet is probably EE.  the are often times the most expensive option ($80 plus about $10 shipping), but they come through 95% of the time with your pre-order.

So,
- if you want them cheap and are willing to risk you won't get what you ordered , the NewForce is for you
- if you want to be sure that you have the best chance to get the case and are willing to pay a litle more for it, then EE is for you.

There are tons of other sites out there, but I've done most of my "by the case" ordering at NewForce or EE.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 01:48 PM »
I'll back up everything Jeff said. My experince with newforce has been the best overall due to service and price. It's a shame they do get short changed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 03:08 PM »
In each of my dealings with Newforce I've either received the order so long after the wave was relevant that I didn't want it anymore, or never received the item at all. It looks as though the latter may be the case with the 5 wave 4 UGH packed-in cases I ordered from them. It was a bad gamble and I'll know not to do it in the future.

Entertainment Earth all the way. I've used them for 10 years now and I'll stick with 'em. The extra cost is worth the piece of mind.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 03:46 PM »

Entertainment Earth all the way. I've used them for 10 years now and I'll stick with 'em. The extra cost is worth the piece of mind.

And the peace as well.

I've preordered with NewForce twice and had my order cancelled twice.  Entertainment Earth has come through every single time, ever since the POTF2 days when I first ordered a case with them consisting of the Vader Removable Helmet/ Ishi Tib/ Admiral Piett/ Zuckuss wave.  EE is the most reliable and worth the extra couple bucks if you want to see your order for certain.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 04:04 PM »
You're my new grammar checking software.  ;)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 09:16 PM »
It looks like consensus in this thread-  I'm new to Newforce, and I received one case of 6, and I'm not feeling like the rest are coming. I've ordered from EE in the past and always gotten the product, but I wanted to save a few bucks and try Newforce.  It's a drag to preorder and then your etailer gets short changed by the big H, so I will probably stick with EE from here on out. I only order a few cases a year, so it won't add up too much.

I already have my Endor and Tatooine waves ordered at EE. The earliest cases have the best ratios (generally 2 of each new figure, no repacks).

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 02:51 AM »
EE all the way.  I will gladly pay slightly more knowing  I will get what I ordered, receive them within a few weeks of retail,  and arrive in mint condition on my doorstep.

If it wasn't for EE I wouldn't have my 90% of my OTC collection, 99.9% of my Post-OTC, and about 85% of my TSC collection.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 09:15 PM »
I remember I used to order from Newforce quite a bit back in 2002-2003, and was happy with them.  But suddenly I started not receiving orders... I was pretty unhappy with that.  Not that I really blamed them, but I'm not going to miss out on figures just because they are nice people.  So when I do order a case online (which is rare lately), I go through EE.  I've never had a problem with them.

Another place that I really enjoy shopping through is www.dnstoys.com - very good people to deal with and probably the best customer service I've seen.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 01:38 AM »
I ordered from NewForce a while back...  I think Commtech days maybe it was.  I'd written ordering online off for the most part because I generally found what i wanted in stores anyway but NF had come through for me.

Current fears of them being unreliable have me concerned though about something I did order off them.  It's always something, I tells ya.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 01:39 AM »
I might order a case of the Vintage stuff, just to be sure I get two Biker Scouts.

This is, of course, assuming the pack is 2x of each figure. I want a carded and loose set and this just seems to be the most sensible way to do it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Yep, that's the case breakdown for the VTSC.  Newforce is out of stock but EE still has them.

At one time, the Star Wars Shop had them by the case as well and the price wasn't too shabby.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Another place that I really enjoy shopping through is www.dnstoys.com - very good people to deal with and probably the best customer service I've seen.

I've never used them for case orders, but I have placed a few orders with them for individual things.  In those times I used them, they always seemed to come through with little hassel and pretty good service. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 11:08 PM »
I was just over browsing at EE amidst all the discussion of Newforce not receiving their full alotment of orders.  Everything EE has up says coming soon, so I can drop more $$ to get the same stuff from EE still at this point that I have on order with Newforce. 

The questions is, has anyone received their orders of Wave 4 Saga from EE to this point?  If not, aren't we sort of speculating a little early about Newforce getting the shaft from Hasbro (even though past history dictates this may occur)?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 01:55 AM »
The questions is, has anyone received their orders of Wave 4 Saga from EE to this point? 

Yes.  I received my two cases of Wave 4 Rev 2 March 23 or the 24 if memory serves me right.  The thing with EE, as with other pre-orders is the sooner you place your order with them, the sooner you get your figs.  I placed my order the first week of January, and pretty much pre-order as soon as that particular case assortment I'm interested in goes up.

Pre-ordering rocks if you can swing it.  You don't have to worry about chasing down htf figs, and it so easy to cancel with EE should you change your mind, or find the figs at retail. 

"Either way, you win"
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."