Author Topic: Savings Bond for Shannon's Aidan  (Read 7698 times)

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Savings Bond for Shannon's Aidan
« Reply #15 on: August 2, 2006, 09:45 AM »
A few more donations came in yesterday, bumping our current total to: $977

Now for the big news...

I find myself with an extra Gentle Giant Shocktrooper Mini Bust/Bust-Up set from the San Diego Comicon.  As a incentive/thank you to those who plan to, or already have, donate(d) I've decided to hold a raffle for the bust (Retail Value: $60).  Here's how it'll work:

For every $5 you contribute(d) to the fund, you will receive one entry in the raffle.  Therefore, if you donate(d) $5, you get one entry, if you donate(d) $25, you get five entries, etc.  I will draw the winning name on or about August 31st to allow for any straggling checks to arrive by snail mail and clear the bank.

As always, if you need my PayPal or snail mail address to send a donation, please PM me.  Thanks!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: August 2, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Now for the big news...

I find myself with an extra Gentle Giant Shocktrooper Mini Bust/Bust-Up set from the San Diego Comicon.  As a incentive/thank you to those who plan to, or already have, donate(d) I've decided to hold a raffle for the bust (Retail Value: $60).  Here's how it'll work...

Wow, that's pretty cool Roger, and very generous of you!

Exciting to see that Aidan's bond should be hitting the 4 digit range here pretty soon (if it hasn't already).  Good stuff.  Thanks again for setting it all up.

- M

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 4, 2006, 09:05 AM »
With two weeks left to go, we are now up to: $1073!

Thanks again to all those who've contributed, as well as those who plan to but haven't had a chance yet.

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 7, 2006, 06:40 AM »
Donations are still funneling in.  With the ones I received this weekend, we're up to:

$1174

Thanks everyone!

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 9, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Today's total:

$1241

Still nine days left to get those contributions in and enter the raffle for the Shocktrooper mini-bust!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #20 on: August 9, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Man, I really, really, really, wish I could help out, but I don't have a paypal, and my parents would think it was a scam or something. I'm sorry I wish I could help out.

Adam

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 9, 2006, 04:30 PM »
No problem, Adam, it's good to know you would if you could.

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 08:59 AM »
With one week to go to donate, we are up to $1290.

Thanks again to those who have contributed, and to those who would still like to - please PM me for my PayPal or snail mail address.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 10:40 PM »
This is really fantastic Roger, I'm glad this all is going so well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Current tally: $1339

I think there's a real chance we could reach $1500 by the end of the week.  That would be very cool because the EE savings bonds I'm going to buy are purchased at 1/2 face value, which means that for $1500 we'd be able to buy Aidan $3000 in bonds!

Remember, you can PM me for my PayPal or snail mail address and send contributions until the end of the day Friday, August 18.

Thanks, as always, to those who've already so generously contributed!

--Roger

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 11:45 PM »
This is great news!  I don't think any of us imagined we'd get this high.  It's very inspirational.

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 06:59 AM »
The total this morning, after a few more generous contributions came in, is:

$1446

I'm expecting at least one more check through the mail, which will put us OVER the $1500 mark!  Thanks again to all those who have contributed, your generosity has been astounding.

Stay tuned for the final tally, and for the results of the August 31st drawing for the Shocktrooper mini-bust + bust up.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 02:25 AM »
This is absolutely wonderful. Having not known Shannon, I am so glad to be able to help Aidan in this and am extremely proud of this community for setting the bond up. I just can't tell you how happy I am for you guys. :)

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Well, I think all of the contributions are now in and accounted for, and the grand total is...

$1550

Thank you very much to everyone who contributed, no matter what the amount, every donation helped and I'm sure, wherever she is, Shannon was touched by the generosity of each and every person who donated.

I will be purchasing the bonds this weekend ($3100 worth) and I will probably just go ahead and draw the name of the winner of the Shocktrooper bust this weekend as well since I'm not expecting any last minute checks.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Roger -- thank you so much for all of the work you put into coordinating this. :)  Thanks to everyone who contributed.  I know that Shannon was very touched by this idea and would be blown away by everyone's generousity.  Aidan was her top priority and I'm sure she's resting peacefully knowing that there are so many people that care about him.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(