Author Topic: Just your average noob ...  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
Just your average noob ...
« on: July 12, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Hi all,

Just joined this site.  Seems like a really great setup.  I normally posted over at RebScum, but heard there was a lot of fun stuff also going on over here. I've been collecting since 96 and have  primarily an ANH focus.  I've also been dabbling in photonovels as of late and would love to post some if people are interested in that sort of thing over here.  Look forward to meeting some new people, although I deffinately recognize some names from other sites.  :)

Peace.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Just your average noob ...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Welcome to JD, Swede! I'm Brad.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Welcome aboard Swede, glad you stopped by...  Look around, get comfortable, enjoy the site...  If you've got questions just ask, and enjoy yourself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, Jesse; I think I remember you from over at Scums ... I'd always  dig on your insight when it came to OT topics.

Here's my first noob question, is there a test area on these boards?  I''ve been having trouble, posting pictures as of late.  I didn't see one, but I'm also the same type of guy who'll ask a used car saleman if his prices are good deals ... kinda clueless   ;)
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 06:26 PM »
Welcome to JD, Swede.  Good to have some more European influence around here (I'm presuming).  Definitely a fun place to discuss the hobby, and quite different from RS.  As for a test forum, we don't have one.  But feel free to test some things out right here in this thread if you'd like, and if they don't work, just do an edit back over your post and try again 'til you can figure it out.  We can always delete your post later on if you'd like, once you've got the hang of things, no problem.

As for posting pix, check out this thread:  Posting pictures.

Good luck, and holler if you've got any other questions!  Looking forward to chatting with you around the boards here...

- Matt

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 04:06 AM »
Hey, it worked!  Thank you JediMAC.
Oh, and I'm actually not from Sweden.  Both sets of grandparents were from there.  You know the Swedish chef from the Muppets? ... I kid you not, my grandparents actually used to sound like that!  I just inherited their goofy last name, and my buds coined "Swede" as my nickname.  I guess there could be worse nicknames out there  :D

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Just another test ... apologies for the bump.  :-[

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 2, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Nice to meet you Swede I'm Darth Slothus...from eyeing those pics I can tell you're gonna be a fun guy in here, waiting to see more...? 8)