Author Topic: Saga Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter  (Read 23159 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Saga Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2006, 04:03 PM »
It seems to be shelfwarming here in Minnesota. I saw six today at one Target and 2 at another.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2006, 04:14 PM »
We must just be behind a bit here then, which wouldn't surprise me.  The Endor wave is still just trickling in too, so maybe more of these are still on the way.  Just curious if it was selling that well, or if it was just a regional thing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2006, 04:56 PM »
I'm in a simmilar situation Brian where Endor isn't even trickling in (I haven't talked to anyone locally who has seen it recently I don't believe), and the Mace fighter is a trickle at best though someone did score one the other day...  It's high on my list.  I'm not a vehicle fan from Hasbro mostly but the JSF's are pretty flawless pieces in the line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Just wondering if everyone else has the same issue with the boxes I have...My Mace box has in indention near the upper middle and my Vader's Tie box has a buldge in the same area...I've noticed the same issue with others I've seen at Taret as well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2006, 03:15 PM »
It might just be the placement in the case- my box has a good corner ding, but the middle of the box seems untouched. Maybe the one next to Vader takes a crease from something bulging in his (there's something PG-13 about that sentence).

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2006, 04:09 PM »
Although I'm not going to buy it, I have yet to see this on the shelves...hmm...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2006, 07:41 PM »
I've noticed more than a few items in the SW section at my local Target having heavily damaged boxes over the course of the last few weeks, and the Mace JSF and Vader TIE are just two of them.  The Vader TIE I got there's box was almost completely crushed in on the back (luckily the ship was okay), and their case of the UL Hoth Snowspeeder and Turret sets was almost completely trashed.

That said, excellent decision on Hasbro's part to reship the already saturated Anakin and Obi-Wan JSFs in the case with the Vader TIEs and the Mace JSF.  I'd bet someone a pickle that they reship those two JSFs again this fall with the AAT and Hailfire Droid because it would just be too logical not to do so.

Um yeah, I've seen the Vader TIE twice and Mace's JSF twice (once at Target and once, believe it or not, at Wal-Mart), and I bought one of each.  They're nowhere near shelfwarming here, but it's mainly because the Anakin and Obi-Wan JSFs are already doing so.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2006, 03:04 AM »
Nor here, and I wanted the Mace fighter badly but I'm really concerned now due to the exact problem you mentioned Dr.P...  Whole lotta Obi/Ani...  Whole notta Mace/Vader.   :-\

What would've been great, and this is maybe just my opinion but I think it is true, is if they'd released the blue and green painted JSF's from TRU last year, but no figure/spiffy package.

I missed those and would LOVE to have them in my collection, and they still have some legs to move at retail...  The yellow/red paintjobs are dead in the water though and were in 2005 after their oversaturation at that point...  Was pointless to put them back in circulation to begin with really when they were still available in ROTS packaging at some stores.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Agreed - the green/white and blue/white starfighters were very cool looking.

That's a good idea - maybe add / remove some battle damage to make them a little different from their previous release.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2006, 04:45 PM »
I guess I am in a lucky area ship-wise because several of my local Targets have goobs of these ships.  I counted 5 Mace fighters and 3 Vader TIEs at one last night.  I have yet to buy either.  I have 2 POTF2 Vader ones so I am good but I may pick up Mace's, just to have my all inclusive rainbow jedi squad.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2006, 05:09 PM »
I've seen multiple occurances of both the Mace Starfighter and the Vader TIE.  I've resisted so far on both.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2006, 09:18 PM »
Like Jesse mentioned previously, this style of Starfighter is one of my favourite from the prequels, so I'm looking forward to grabbing Mace Windu's.  Assuming I find it, of course.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 5, 2006, 02:06 PM »
It is a good looking ship open too- The R2 is a little wanky, but I like that ship style and it is an eye catching deco. It really sits nice next to the CW gunship.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: September 7, 2006, 12:07 AM »
I've yet to see this, and am a little concerned...  It's been out a while for it not to have shown at all.  I haven't seen Vader's fighter either which shipped with it but should've (in theory) sold less rapidly...  I hope I find a Mace Fighter soon though, I don't want to miss out on it and have to resort to begging like usual.