Author Topic: One to go  (Read 4670 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
One to go
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Been holding off for a few years looking for a great deal on the last couple vintage figs I needed.  This morning I just met a guy and purchased 4 of the last 5 loose viontage I needed to complete the run(he just happened to be offering all the ones I needed, and was able to get them all in one shot, no shipping, etc.):

Lando General
Luke Poncho
Imperial Dignitarty
Amanaman

All are complete with weapns, and in the Mintiest condition I think I've ever seen loose!  VERY happy with my purchase!

Now I need to scour for a cheap deal on EV 9D9.   ;D
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: One to go
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 04:53 PM »
A great score and such a quick and painless way to close out the bottom of the 8th if you will with the 4 POTF figures. Were you able to score the coins alongside the figures?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Good score.  I still need Yak Face to finish my loose set off.  I managed to score and EV9D9 and Barada in the same auction for about $50 a few years ago.  The EV had one arm missing.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 07:16 PM »
EV and his arm >:(  Mine has both and it's poseable, but it still falls out.

Nice score getting those all at once and for what sounds like a good price.  Very nice indeed.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Is EV-9D9 that hard to get?  Sorry for my ignorance...I haven't even tried to collect vintage in years.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Is EV-9D9 that hard to get?  Sorry for my ignorance...I haven't even tried to collect vintage in years.

I think it's just a matter of a good quality loose EV-9D9 is hard to get. It's not hard to  find EV-9D9 available, it's just that either there's an arm missing - inexplicably it always seems to be the left arm, weird eh? - or the legs are bent inwards and the figure can't stand. If one can handle these imperfections (well the legs at least), then it shouldn't be too difficult to find.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Sounds like a very nice score, congrats.  :)

My EV-9D9 is carded, I know about this loose arm thingy so it can be a pain. Not sure which is the best route to go, get one carded for cheap, take him off the card & hope the arm stays or try & get a loose one & hope for the best.

It's a nice feeling to be narrowing down the collection.   8)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 01:17 PM »
VERY nice score, Boba!

I never knew about the limp-limbed EV-9D9 issue... I'm glad I know, now.

It's a nice feeling to be narrowing down the collection.

Definately! You guys are way ahead of me with the vintage count, though, I'm missing 9 movie-line figures, and I haven't got a single POTF... Thankfully Dale and I just closed a deal that'll pop my POTF cherry, though.

:D

In time, I'll probably give up on the "Must have them all" dance, once all I'm left in "need" of is Yakface and friends... One of the upper POTF figures costs as much as the entire handful of movie-line figures that I'm missing combined. Ouch!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 01:14 AM »
In time, I'll probably give up on the "Must have them all" dance, once all I'm left in "need" of is Yakface and friends... One of the upper POTF figures costs as much as the entire handful of movie-line figures that I'm missing combined. Ouch!

That's one of the big sticking points with me and finishing up the POTF figures I need. I was able to clear off 5 last year at quite the cost to my wallet, so it's definitely not something you want to dive head into without patience and research.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 02:24 AM »
Nice score there Bob.  Good luck with EV-9D9 to polish things off!

I've been sitting at one to go (Yakface as well), ever since Jeff Correll hooked me up with a Luke Stormie about 5 years ago.  Prior to that, I sat on two to go for about 12 years...

No idea why I haven't bothered with the Yakface yet, other than I'm potentially a bit nervous about all the fakes I've heard about floating around nowadays, while most of the authentic ones have pretty scratched up paint jobs.  Oh well.  Some day...

Then, it's on to the original 21 carded!  :P

- Matt
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:24 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Then, it's on to the original 21 carded!

I won't even flirt with the idea of a carded collection... In fact, I was afraid to buy the one carded that I do have, because I was afraid to get the itch...