Author Topic: ACME Character Keys  (Read 124953 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
ACME Character Keys
« on: July 16, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Well I couldn't find a thread on these, so forgive me if there is one (the search didn't produce one.)  Who all collects these?  I myself have Padme, Mace, ARC Trooper and Obi-Wan (my most recent purchase.) 

ACME will have the Anakin Skywalker and Darth Sidious keys available at Comic Con. 

Anakin is limited to a thousand pieces and you can purchase a max of 3 at Comic Con.  He'll be available on www.acmearchivesdirect.com after Comic Con as well. 

Darth Sidious, on the other hand, is limited to 500 pieces and will be 1 per attendee at the Con.  50 will go onsale on ACME's website tomorrow at 10am for those not attending.  I see this piece reaching the $200 plateau as soon as Comic Con is over.  It's the most limited key thus far.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 11:48 AM by Jeff »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: ACME character keys
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 04:49 PM »
I have a few, Grievous was the first one then Padme & shortly I will have the ARC Trooper. I would love to get Sidious but I will have no access to the PC tomorrow.  :'(

Yeah, prices on these sure are climbing. Yoda is far out of reach.  :-\

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 11:05 AM »
I haven't picked any of these up myself but I've only come to realize them about a month ago when I saw the Arc Trooper. Though it was cool but didn't preorder it. Now that I'm seeing them around a little more they've become more appealing. I'll have to see one in person to know for sure but I very well may get into this line.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Well, the Sidious key sold out in less than 1 minute.  After reading the thread on Scum about this key, it appears that everyone actually had it in their cart only to lose it at the credit card info screen.  People are furious.  This is right up there with the Blackhole Stormie bust. 

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I was just reading about this myself. I wonder how it will go down at CC. They'll probably sell out in the first night if they don't allocate per day. This might be a booth that has to be hit first going in on preview night.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 06:55 PM »
I was just reading about this myself. I wonder how it will go down at CC. They'll probably sell out in the first night if they don't allocate per day. This might be a booth that has to be hit first going in on preview night.

The ACME rep who posts on Scum said they'd have SOME available each day.  But ACME's booth is my first stop on preview night.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 11:00 PM »

The ACME rep who posts on Scum said they'd have SOME available each day. But ACME's booth is my first stop on preview night.

Now that I have the GG busts preordered ACME is going to be my first stop too.  If they allocate per day that only leave 90 to sell per day  :o.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 02:06 AM »

The ACME rep who posts on Scum said they'd have SOME available each day. But ACME's booth is my first stop on preview night.

Now that I have the GG busts preordered ACME is going to be my first stop too.  If they allocate per day that only leave 90 to sell per day  :o.

Yeah, it could get ugly to say the least.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 06:21 PM »
You know what's funny is there was no one at the booth last year.  Who knew these would be so hot.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 06:56 PM »
You know what's funny is there was no one at the booth last year.  Who knew these would be so hot.

Jamie and I couldn't even find their booth.  I heard no mention of Yoda at C3 and now BOOM, these things are huge.  It's crazy.  Sidious is gonna be a pain to get and I'm sure Anakin will be sold out very quickly after the Con. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Just got my Padme & ARC Trooper in the mail today, boy these cels sure are sweet.  8)

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Picked up 2 low-numbered Anakin keys at Comic-con on preview night (the Sidious keys were gone by the time I got to the ACME booth at 6:05PM).

This morning I got in line at 7AM, waited for the doors to open at 10AM and ran straight to the ACME Booth. There was already a line of people there. Managed to score a Holo Sidious key. Have a complete collection of keys -  they are cool and are exploding in popularity.

Snags

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 08:52 PM »
I managed to pick up an Anakin and Sidious key as well. ACME's booth was the first place I hit on preview night and got it fairly easily. I was probably one of the first 120 into the convention so that helped.

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 11:05 PM »
I managed to pick up an Anakin and Sidious key as well. ACME's booth was the first place I hit on preview night and got it fairly easily. I was probably one of the first 120 into the convention so that helped.

That Sidious key was a tough grab. It is pretty damn cool - it's a shame that we are among the few collectors that were able to obtain one. Scalpers have been having a field day with this piece.

Snags

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 05:45 AM »
Well I'm glad we all scored a Sidious.  Jamie just barely got one on Thursday (he was number 99 of 100.)  It's a killer piece and just looks so much different than the other keys.  I was extra fortunate to score 2 Sidious keys thanks to Jared and the generosity of one of my close local friends.  I'm hoping to trade that straight up for a Yoda.  Anyone grab multiple Anakin keys?  I grabbed my max of 3 in hopes of turning 1 (or both) into a Grievous key at some point.