Author Topic: ACME Character Keys  (Read 124986 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: ACME character keys
« Reply #135 on: April 4, 2007, 07:25 PM »
My R2-D2 & C-3PO character keys have arrived.  8)

R2 (0454/1000) & 3PO (0906/1000).

Bring on Tarkin!  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I'm trying to decide what to do here.  It looks like SWShop has gotten some stock in of the Slave Leia, R2, and 3PO keys.  I can really only afford to get one, and I'm not sure which way to go.  I tried to order the Leia initially from ACME, but my computer was having issues and it didn't happen.  This way, I could at least attempt to have a complete set of the OT keys.  The question is, will there be an R2/3PO released in the OT line - or will these Clone Wars ones be the only versions?  I'd hate to have a collection of these without R2 and 3PO.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2007, 11:32 AM »
I'm trying to decide what to do here.  It looks like SWShop has gotten some stock in of the Slave Leia, R2, and 3PO keys.  I can really only afford to get one, and I'm not sure which way to go.  I tried to order the Leia initially from ACME, but my computer was having issues and it didn't happen.  This way, I could at least attempt to have a complete set of the OT keys.  The question is, will there be an R2/3PO released in the OT line - or will these Clone Wars ones be the only versions?  I'd hate to have a collection of these without R2 and 3PO.

Since the R2 3PO sets state they are part of the Clone Wars line, I would suggest it is inevitable they will be done in the classic OT line. If I were in your situation, I would get the Leia key- if I remember correctly, the edition sizes on the droids is higher anyway, so you are more likely to be able to get these reasonably later on.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ACME Character Keys
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2007, 02:56 PM »
If I were in your situation, I would get the Leia key- if I remember correctly, the edition sizes on the droids is higher anyway, so you are more likely to be able to get these reasonably later on.

That's exactly what I ended up doing.  I figured with the Leia key, I at least have a shot at keeping "complete" with the OT line since I'm actually starting in from the beginning for once.  I'm hoping that the R2/3PO will be released later on in "OT style" anyways.  Those two do seem to still be in stock at SWShop, but there's been plenty of spending lately so I'll just stick with the one for now.  Now if the exclusives in this line don't get too impossible to pick up, or the releases don't get too overwhelming, hopefully I will be able to keep up.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2007, 04:07 PM »
I misspoke earlier, they are the same size editions. A quick look at the previous posts would have clued me in. Since SWshop.com is now sold out of Leias, I would say you made the right choice-

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2007, 03:00 PM »
Slave Leia key arrived today looks sweet edition #471 bring on Tarkin.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Are they going to do any more of these?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2007, 01:40 AM »

Based on the popularity of these so far, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet, especially now that they're moving into OT characters.  C'mon Vader!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Well, I received my first character key yesterday (Princess Leia).  I always regretted not getting in on the Clone Wars keys, and thought I'd try to get in on the ground floor with the OT line.  I have to say I really like it, and hope to keep up with these as they are released.  I got number 228 of 1000.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2007, 03:44 PM »

Based on the popularity of these so far, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet, especially now that they're moving into OT characters.  C'mon Vader!
Bring on Qui-Gon!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Bring on Qui-Gon!

Highly doubtful, unless they branch into PT keys.  Even then, I'd imagine they're a long ways away as Acme just started the OT keys. And there's only 2 CW keys left (for a total of 16) and since Qui Gon never appeared in the Clone Wars cartoon (other than that 5 second dream sequence with young Anakin), he's probably not one of them.  My guess is Durge and another Jedi (either the Muftak or Ithorian) are the final two.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2007, 10:22 PM »
 :( :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 5, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Picked up Padme today.  I liked the price for it, it seems reasonable considering most of the BINs have been up at $75 or so. 

I'm still missing Obi, Yoda, Grievous, Sidious :-\

I'd guess Tarkin will be the next one into my collection. 
« Last Edit: May 5, 2007, 05:13 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #148 on: May 5, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Nice score.

I only want a Sideous whichI may never see. Asmy focus is on Sith and OT only...

Guys or any leads ? =)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 7, 2007, 08:14 PM »
News from Morly at RS on the C4 Tarkin key:

AMCE: Celebration IV Tarkin Exclusive - PRE-ORDER

I don't have the full plan ready for you guys just yet, but here is the gist of it:

1. There will be a page set up strictly for this sale.

2. We will set aside two-hundred (200) keys to be sold to those fans that are unable to attend the convention. The non-attendee keys will not ship until June 1st and will have an additional shipping and handling fee of $3. If you are attending CIV, PLEASE do not take one of these 200 pieces out of the hands of someone unable to attend.

3. The remaining keys will be sold online before the convention begins. The pre-sold keys will be held and available for pickup at the convention anytime before noon on Monday, May 28th; after that time, they will be available to anyone at the convention. You will need your receipt/invoice to pick up your key and, again, the limit is one per person.

4. Any keys not pre-sold will be taken to the convention and sold to walk-up customers while supplies last.

No dates yet, but we're figuring them out. This at least gives everyone a general idea as to what we are planning (and, of course, none of this is set in stone just yet).

Thanks,
Morly