Author Topic: ACME Character Keys  (Read 124984 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: ACME Character Keys
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2007, 01:16 AM »
Can anyone point me in the direction of an etailer that has the Tarkin,Tiepilot and Sandtrooper keys???
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2007, 01:39 AM »
I'm not sure of if any etailers would have anything Hemish, may I suggest heading over to the RS Acme Archives: Classifieds section of the forum.

Tarkin was a CIV exclusive & toonsart.com looks like they have the Tie Pilot key but it's 24.31GBP. Nothing at razorsedgecollectibles.com.

Always eBay.  :-\

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Thanks Dale, picked up Tarkin there for $25 and Leia and Tie Pilot on ebay for $68
Now to just get that darn Sandtrooper...........
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Boy that was quick Hemish, yeah keep an eye out for the Sandtrooper. You should be able to snag him for around the $25-$34. range.

On a good note today, I received my Durge key & all was good this time, #0889/1000.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2007, 10:27 PM »
Hemish,
I think I have a second Sandtrooper around if you want it for retail.  Might be able to get it cheaper on ebay though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2007, 01:26 AM »
Actually one of the other guys on scum helped me out and I have the sandtrooper on its way as well.
That was nice and easy, I was expecting a bit more hassle to pick these up.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #276 on: October 24, 2007, 12:05 PM »
I saw that, congrats Hem !

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Another key for my collection, Darth Sidious 297/500.  8)

I still have not heard a ******* thing from SWS on my damaged Fett key, I will e-mail them again. If I get no reply soon, then I will call customer service at FedEx & have them return it & I will have SWS billed for the return. I talked with a FedEx driver at work & he said up here they have no call tag thingy so I will have SWS billed for the return.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Well customer service just sent me an e-mail, they will arrange for a replacement to ship out to me & will also send me a FedEx call tag to return the key & I can have it picked up at work. I was thinking about taking the key to Michaels & having it rematted & the metal plate reglued as they are not damaged, just the mat but I should not have to pay for that. I was just worried they would not have a replacement.  :-\

Will see how it goes when I reply back to them to make arrangements.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #279 on: October 27, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I got my Boba Fett in the mail and i have to say these are much smaller than i thought they were. Its pretty cool. So what do you guys do for framing, any special type or just any frame that fits?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I got my Boba Fett in the mail and i have to say these are much smaller than i thought they were. Its pretty cool. So what do you guys do for framing, any special type or just any frame that fits?

I use the 6x8 version of these:

Just get rid of the wood backer piece and fill the remaining gap between the key and the back glass piece with matboard (three pieces work for me) and you should be all set.  Michael's has them for about $8 each, but I usually wait until they go on sale and buy a bunch at a time.  Last sale was last week, 40% off.  I think I bought six - four the last four keys released and two extra.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth1

• Youngling
  • Formerly known as Reconsgt
    • View Profile
    • ImperialShipYards
« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Walgreens have the same thing for $5.50 and I just use a piece of foam core as the spacer. I like the Indy key but liek others I am sticking with the SW items and then only the OT chars in general.
imperialshipyards comming soon to a galaxy near you     I want my 2 dollars

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2007, 11:47 AM »
Thanks for the framing tips, ill look into those.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I feel like i am being sucked in. I want to order R2 and 3PO.

Scratch that...I ordered them.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:34 AM by evenflow »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 1, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Well for my damaged Fett key, I tried to set things up so I could have it shipped back where I work. I explained everything to customer service & just had to wait for a response, I received an e-mail from customer service on Monday.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. A replacement package has been sent under order #*********. Please allow up to 8 business days for delivery. Please discard the damaged merchandise. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Discard! Yeah right!  :o   :o   :o   :o  Guess it was to much hassle to sent it back.

Today I had a pick up at FedEx & I was very happy to receive my replacement.   8)