Author Topic: Riddell Mini Helmets  (Read 15498 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Riddell Mini Helmets
« on: April 7, 2003, 03:30 AM »
Updated for the C-3PO helmet that's now available over at KBtoys.com (cruise to end of the thread)...

For anybody who's been contemplating collecting this line of Riddell authentic miniature helmets (only 5 in total), KBtoys.com currently has the Darth Vader helmet in stock, and on sale for $30.  If you're interested in ordering or just checking it out, click on over:  Riddell Vader helmet at KB
« Last Edit: February 3, 2004, 01:31 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Riddell Vader helmet: $30 at KBtoys.com
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2003, 12:27 PM »
Did you happen to order one of these Matt?  I'd like to hear what other people think of these, because I would like to get one for myself.

Thanks for the link & update!
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2003, 09:09 PM »
I picked up four out of the five of these helmets a few years back on eBay (this Vader, along w/ C-3PO, Boba Fett, and X-Wing Luke).  These things are totally sweet!  Highly detailed and very authenticly accurate.  I'd definitely recommend this line to anyone, though there's only a total of 5 pieces to be had here.  I scored all of mine for about $20-$30 on eBay a while back, so I don't know what they're currently selling for now - except for the damned Stormtrooper (who I still need) who is the rare one of the bunch and routinely goes for about $125 on eBay!   >:(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2003, 09:16 PM »
I say it every chance I get; I so wish Riddell could have held onto this liscense.

Im still thinking of getting an extra fett sometime, to make a Jango conversion. There was an incredible one on Ebay a few months back, it looked like the guys at Riddell did it!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 07:50 PM »
What JediMac said!

I got all my mini-helmets at clearance prices, and I love
them.  They are really beautiful and a great addition to any Star Wars collection.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 10:43 PM »
Um, anybody wanna help a Canuck out?  Purty please.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 01:24 PM »
One down, four to go ;D

About the cheapest Vader helmet recently on ebay has been about $40+  This is a good deal for that helmet.  Thanks for the tip Matt.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2003, 03:12 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

KB cancelled my order.  Get this:  I used a US address for delivery.  Because my card has a billing address that is Canadian (well duh) they will not process my order.  Never mind the charges would have gone ahead just fine, but I cannot even order.  

Oh, I am sorely tempted to be mr. POtty mouth right f****** now.   Grrrrrrr.

Can somebody here give me a hand with this.  Please.  

Stoopid KB>

And, in the height of my own hypocrisy, I sent the following note to their customer service department:

Greetings,

just a note to say how remarkably dissappointed I am in KB.  That your system is automated is a pathetic excuse and you are, as such, eliminating a potential market in Canada of 30 million consumers.  That is indeed your choice to do so.  

My greatest regret is that I filled out a remarkably positive survey that cannot be reversed.  whereas you received eights and nines on the surveys, it appears that your actual level of service (at least to non-Americans) merits scores more along the lines of ones and twos.

I have never had this problem in the past with various online retailers in the US.  Amazon happily takes my money (though like your organization, will not ship to Canada) as do numeorus other, smaller toy retailers.  Most of the smaller retailers will even ship to Canada, realizing it is just the country next door, not somewhere on another planet.  

You can rest assured that I shall not darken the proverbial doorstep of KBtoys again, be it your online service or when I am visiting the United States.  You can also be comfortable in the knowledge that I shall relay this story to as many people as possible, both here and in the United States.  Congratulations on your extremely effective automated system.  

Please, in future, when you send emails like you have to me, don't sign them sincerely.  If you were truly sincere, you would have made an effort to process the order.  The credit card is fully functional and works just fine.  The address given is valid and belongs to a friend in the US.  

sincerely,

once a potential repeat customer, not so now

« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 03:45 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2003, 04:10 PM »
US  online retailers that take my money happily:

Amazon (TRU)
Yestertoys
Entertainment Earth
NewForce
spawntoys.com
mcfarlane.com

I'll think of others.  I'm certain the sponsors of this site would too.  

Stoopid KB >:( >:( :o >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2003, 04:53 PM »
Want me to snag it for you Brent?  Just say the word and I'm on it...  LMK!

- M

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 04:58 PM »
Very nice and eloquent letter there Mr. Potty Mouth  :-*

I'd buy it for you too but I am going to have to pass, my wife is already going to go ballistic when she sees all of the stuff I am getting in the mail next week

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2003, 05:13 PM »
You should have seen all the stuff I wrote before I retyped it.  Ouch.  Still, I'm pretty annoyed by the process.

Matt, you have a PM and I guess entitlement to my second born (1st is too cute to give up).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2003, 08:11 PM »
OK Brent and Jim - I placed an order for each of you.  Even found a $5 off coupon for you guys!   ;)

Jim, yours is being shipped directly to your house.  Brent, yours is coming to me and I'll fire it off to you when it arrives.  I can hang on for it to show and send it with the Holiday Droids if you'd like.  Probably save you a couple bucks in shipping...  LMK.

I'll PM you guys with the totals!

1 down and 4 to go for you both, sure.  Just keep in mind that the damned Stormtrooper helmet will run you at least $125.  It's been on my favorite eBay searches for a couple years, and it's been going nowhere but UP!   >:(  Plus, you two should both be gracious fellas and let me get my Stormtrooper first, to complete my set!   8)  Then you guys can go get yours...  Deal?!   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2003, 09:04 PM »
Thanks very much Matt, mucho appreciato.  

What's your max BIN for the stormie?  If I see it before you, I'll let you have it.  Not sure about all the others.  Have yet to see the X-wing version.  There's a C3PO for $22.99  BIN right now, but recent 3POs have sold for less than that so I'll wait that one out.  Fett will be pricy though.  Not that far off regular retail though, I suppose.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2003, 09:16 PM »
Ah shucks, ain't you sweet Brent...   :-*

I was just messin'.  Feel free to snag that Stormie for yourself if you see it.   A little healthy competition for it won't be anything new.  Besides, you can probably afford to drop a little more on it than I'm willing to.  When I first started watching it, it was around $75, but I refused to pay that much since I scored the other 4 helmets for between $20 - $30.  Unfortunately, I guessed wrong on this one.  It ain't comin' back down.  Doing just the opposite.

I'd probably BIN one now for the $75 price that I wouldn't spend on it before, but I ain't spending any more than that for it, which most likely means I'll be waiting for quite a while longer.  But my patience somehow always pays off in the end, and I'll get it somehow for a decent price, I'm sure...

Bummer to hear the Fett's gone up more lately.  All 4 of the others were all really affordable for quite a while there...  But the Fett helmet is definitely sweet!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 09:43 PM by JediMAC »