Author Topic: luke skywalkers death?  (Read 11702 times)

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
Re: luke skywalkers death?
« Reply #15 on: February 4, 2007, 02:56 PM »
since your name is lestat, I'll give you an answer from another vampire:
"the world you know is a sugar coated topping!"

check out the starwars.com threads,rebelscum threads. and the eu threads on this site. there is a massive Devide amongest starwars fans young and old. EU and prequels, then theres the only ot ppl.

i personally don't get it, i mean i see flaws in everything...quite frankly i know I've said this before elsewhere. but i would have been done with starwars a long time ago if it wasn't for the EU. i wouldn't even be that into the movies if it wasn't for the EU, constantly bringing all the extras and locations to life. on one hand its retarded to have a action figure devoted to every single patron of the cantina when we don't even have every padme outfit yet, but its kool to know what everyone in there was doing.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 09:58 PM »
From what I understand of the story arc that this happened in, Chewie's death was supposed to raise the stakes in the NJO series.  Throughout all of the EU novels up until then, you always knew that the main characters were going to get out of their respective predicaments.  As a result a good number of the stories left people a little "blah" and there didn't seem to be a reason for them to continue following the storylines of the novels.  In that regard I can understand why Chewbacca was killed off.

Exactly.  It sucked, but if you read the rest of the NJO series, you were always on edge wondering who might get knocked off.  I would have liked to see Anakin around a little longer, but I applaud the writers for taking a less than popular risk by killing him off.

From what I've heard, Lucas has yet to decide on the fate of Luke, Han & Leia.  I've been reading Legacy and I think the story is awesome so far.  Its 100 years beyond NJO (I think?), so obviously the known SW heroes have all passed on. 

The latest decendent is Cade Skywalker and his dad is Kol Skywalker.  Luke has a son named Ben, so I'm wondering if Ben is Cade's grandfather and Luke is is Great Grandfather?  If you assume that everyone (outside of Luke) had kids around the age of 25, there could be a missing Skywalker somewhere in there...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 10:16 PM »

Exactly.  It sucked, but if you read the rest of the NJO series, you were always on edge wondering who might get knocked off.  I would have liked to see Anakin around a little longer, but I applaud the writers for taking a less than popular risk by killing him off.

I heard a rumor that Anakin's death was deemed necessary by George Lucas himself.  Personally, I don't recall how far back Anakin Solo dates in the novels, but his death seems to have been prompted by a desire to have less confusion about all of the Anakins in the series.  Specifically, with regards to descending to the dark side.  Originally the story was supposed to have Anakin Solo falling, but GL reportedly intervened, had the young Mr. Solo killed off and shifted the focus to Jacen Solo.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 5, 2007, 08:55 PM »
I would like to see him die in battle. Go down like a real hero you know.
He should die for a reason like saving someone's life but not like Crunchy
I suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2007, 09:30 PM »
I would like to see him die in battle. Go down like a real hero you know.
He should die for a reason like saving someone's life but not like Crunchy

I think he should die of ripe old age.  Cripes - let someone besides Yoda just have a long, mostly happy life.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I am on board with you Justin!!!!! Luke is the one character that no other SW character dererves the honor of killing!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within