Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Scum and Villainy Figures  (Read 39799 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Scum and Villainy Figures
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Well, I hurried home tonight (since I asked Fed Ex to try and deliver the package after 4:00pm) and nothing was here.  Should be good news right?  I checked online to see if it was still out for delivery and it was DELIVERED!!!!!!!  At 2:08pm, signed for by Sediva.  I don't know who Sediva is, but it is not either neighbor.  So, now Fed-Ex is trying to contact the driver to see exactly where the boxes are.  Kind of hard to misplace two boxes that weigh 49 pounds between them??  and not be on the correct street or at the correct house?  WTF???

To say that I am a little pissed off right now would be an understatement..... >:(
Beth

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2007, 06:00 PM »
That sucks, i hope they find them for you.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2007, 06:54 PM »
It just gets worse.  I was able to view the actual signature online and some one tried to sign for it using my full name. 

Below the signature is a line that states : S. Adeva  14:08
                                                         2 Del, 0 non-del

Fed Ex is absolutely useless but Sideshow was fantastic.  They put in an immediate signature dispute, set aside another Jabba and Throne and gave me the name of the lady that handles delivery disputes.  They did caution that it can take up to two weeks but at least I know that I have something set aside.  I don't know if it is the exclusive Jabba or not, I never thought to ask...hope so.

I am so dumbfounded as how a driver can deliver such large items to the wrong house today (he was here yesterday and left a note for redelivery) and how someone could actually receive these items, knowing damn well they don't belong to them!!  I can only assume the driver stole them.  Why would he/she deliver them to the wrong house in error and have someone try to sign my real name?  The driver would have had to ask, "Are you ........." and the person responds, "Yes" and then sign my name and keep the packages - having no idea what is even in them!!!

Somehow - the driver decided to steal them and forge a signature.  This should get real good when he/she tries to say they delivered them here and I signed for them. 

*rant over*
Beth

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2007, 06:48 AM »
Well at least sideshow is taking care of it and holding you a set. Glad to see you will get Jabba.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2007, 07:14 AM »
Out of all the vendors, Sideshow is the one I've had the best experience with.  FedEx I don't trust too much.  I had a similar incident with them with a package from starwarsshop.com.  There was no signature required, but tracking said that the package was delivered and I looked everywhere for it.  Turns out it was some kind of screw up and they delivered it the next day on a Saturday...still I was a bit annoyed that they could label it delivered when they still had it. 

I bet the thief is going to be a bit disappointed when they open the box and see what they have.  Its not like you can haul it to a pawn shop or anything.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2007, 08:53 AM »
Sideshow has always been the best on many marks. I am sorry for the headache you must have, but feel good about getting your piece in the end.

I am glad it will work out for you.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2007, 04:29 PM »
I got a call on my cell phone stating they have located my packages and will be delivering them before 7:30 this evening. 
Beth

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2007, 04:31 PM »
Best of luck to you...  hopefully the boxes show up unharmed after their detour.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2007, 05:20 PM »
Weeellll.....
out here in DC, we've gotten a little bit of snow/ice and my Jabba stuff should have been delivered on Wed.   The tracker was blank by the time I left work so I went home and there was no notice. Thursday, the fed ex tracker shows "local weather delay, delivery attempted" for Wed.   I call Fed Ex and they have no record of any attempt being made and cite local weather.

Fine.   I go home and still no notice and no update on the site.   I wait until 8:30 before heading out.   I get in this morning (Friday) and still no update for Thursday.  I wait a bit and around 11 an entry for Thursday pops up...  It shows that it's on the truck as of 9:36 am.   A "delivery exception" at 11 AM, then "No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day".   Now I'm getting worried... cause I need to be there to sign for it.     After lunch there's a new entry for Friday....  ANOTHER "delivery restriction".... it says "local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted."

I was like.. WFT?  and called Fed Ex....   
The rep looked into it and said "It says here that it wasn't delivered due to local holiday".   My eyes LITERALLY popped out!    "Um..." I said.   "There's no holiday today" I said.   "I know," she said.   I mentioned that MONDAY was a holiday and that my company had a "Mardi Gras" themed lunch today.  She giggled.   She called the local delivery center and asked about it.  "Oh ... that entry is a mistake" she was told.    I asked her if the local place could just hold it for me so I could pick it up Saturday morning and she passed that along and I'll now be picking up the package (yes.. PACKAGE 9lbs) tomorrow morning.   

So.. props to today's FedEx rep and slops to local delivery.   I hope that BOTH parts of the shipment will be there tomorrow when I pick them up.   SSC shows that both shipped under the same tracking number but I'm expecting the worse because the FedEx tracker lists "item 1: 9lbs"

Here begineth my 3 day weekend.....

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2007, 12:42 PM »
I know the feeling Oboewan.  Good Luck!!

The driver got in a **** load of trouble for dropping it off at a different location and having that person (S. Adeva) sign for it using my name.  S. Adeva turned out to be the guy that did our landscapping and was a friend of the drivers and just trying to help him out so he didn't have to come back after 4:00 with the boxes.  He lives about a block up the road from us and bought it over to our place right at 7:30.  I tell ya....what a nightmare.  Anyways-below is Jabba in all his glory :)

Jabba 1
Jabba 2
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Glad that worked out for you Beth, it was pretty scary and it's not even my stuff.  I've had FedEx/UPS both drop stuff and it go missing.  The manifest has said both times left at door ::)  Neither time have I been able to claim anything from them either >:(

Stories like that are why I use my work address for stuff all the time now.  They aren't overly pleased all the time, but someone always signs for it and it stays safe, a benefit of a very small office where everyone knows everything and I'm the only toy geek.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2007, 12:51 AM »
Glad it all worked out Beth, what a frickin nightmare. I sure hope the driver gets disciplined. Jabba looks great, are you planning on putting him under display glass? 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2007, 11:48 AM »
are you planning on putting him under display glass? 

Nope-I'll just have to keep up on the dusting  ;)
Beth

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2007, 12:03 PM »
Update!
 So.. I got to FedEx around 9 Saturday morning and they couldn't find the packages.  I explained everything that had transpired and they said that it might be on the truck that broke down of Friday.   They said they'd let me know in 15 minutes or so.  So I took off and went to TRU/Walmart/Target and still had not heard anything.  I went back to them and they said they still hadn't located it.   I had to be somewhere at 1 and they opened back up Tuesday.   I heading back to my GF place and hung out and then got a call that they found it.   So on my way out to my 1pm shindig, I stopped by and picked it up... but it was JUST the throne.. not the Jabba.   I said.. where's the other one?  They didn't know.... It turns out there was a 2nd tracking number that SSC hadn't sent me (they had both under the same one) so it turns out Jabba was on the truck out for delivery.   I asked that they hold it and I'll pick it up Tuesday.   To make a long story short (TOO LATE!!!) I picked it up this morning! 

The throne just BARELY fits into my glass display case (and I'm glad it's a heavy duty one from the old WOTC store and will bear the weight), but I guess Jabba will have to "face the front" while everyone else is off to the right of the Throne.   I can't wait to add him and the rest to it!

Oboewan

Weeellll.....
out here in DC, we've gotten a little bit of snow/ice and my Jabba stuff should have been delivered on Wed.   The tracker was blank by the time I left work so I went home and there was no notice. Thursday, the fed ex tracker shows "local weather delay, delivery attempted" for Wed.   I call Fed Ex and they have no record of any attempt being made and cite local weather.

Fine.   I go home and still no notice and no update on the site.   I wait until 8:30 before heading out.   I get in this morning (Friday) and still no update for Thursday.  I wait a bit and around 11 an entry for Thursday pops up...  It shows that it's on the truck as of 9:36 am.   A "delivery exception" at 11 AM, then "No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day".   Now I'm getting worried... cause I need to be there to sign for it.     After lunch there's a new entry for Friday....  ANOTHER "delivery restriction".... it says "local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted."

I was like.. WFT?  and called Fed Ex....   
The rep looked into it and said "It says here that it wasn't delivered due to local holiday".   My eyes LITERALLY popped out!    "Um..." I said.   "There's no holiday today" I said.   "I know," she said.   I mentioned that MONDAY was a holiday and that my company had a "Mardi Gras" themed lunch today.  She giggled.   She called the local delivery center and asked about it.  "Oh ... that entry is a mistake" she was told.    I asked her if the local place could just hold it for me so I could pick it up Saturday morning and she passed that along and I'll now be picking up the package (yes.. PACKAGE 9lbs) tomorrow morning.   

So.. props to today's FedEx rep and slops to local delivery.   I hope that BOTH parts of the shipment will be there tomorrow when I pick them up.   SSC shows that both shipped under the same tracking number but I'm expecting the worse because the FedEx tracker lists "item 1: 9lbs"

Here begineth my 3 day weekend.....

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Well, it's good to read about another happy ending.  Post a picture when you got your display all set up-I'd love to see it in a display case!!
Beth